1. 1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Attitude: Monday Motivation

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attitude.jpg 
Views:	7739 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	13406

A "Positive Mental Attitude" is the most important thing you can have in a survival situation; and what is Life, but the ultimate survival situation?

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 12:40pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is my favourite DJ Tiesto song.

Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 2:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can appreciate the intent of this motivation, but it is a little on the bullshit side. Positive attitude can carry a person far toward a goal, but you also need the physical ability to accomplish that goal. A disability can effect that process. I will use the picture above as my example, the girl in that photo may have a positive attitude that someday she will become a world champion thumb wrestler, but without actually having thumbs that would be impossible. Now I'm not saying she can't accomplish alot out of life and that a positive attitude would not be of benefit, but there are disabilities and they do effect a persons ability to achieve certain goals.

Now as far as having a positive attitude in a survival situation, I think having luck would be a far better choice. Just think of all the shootings lately, having a positive attitude wouldn't really do **** in a situation like that. Luck of not being there would however.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 2:18pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    girl in that photo may have a positive attitude that someday she will become a world champion thumb wrestler, but without actually having thumbs that would be impossible.
    Did you miss the part of the photo where the people running don't have feet?

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 2:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Did you miss the part of the photo where the people running don't have feet?
    No, did you miss the class on reading comprehension?? Reread my post maybe the point escaped you.

Posted On:
    6/08/2012 5:14am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can appreciate the intent of this motivation, but it is a little on the bullshit side.
    **** you.

Positive attitude can carry a person far toward a goal, but you also need the physical ability to accomplish that goal.
    You're a spiteful, hating bastard.

A disability can effect that process. I will use the picture above as my example, the girl in that photo may have a positive attitude that someday she will become a world champion thumb wrestler, but without actually having thumbs that would be impossible.
    Ummmm... she's running.

Now I'm not saying she can't accomplish alot out of life and that a positive attitude would not be of benefit, but there are disabilities and they do effect a persons ability to achieve certain goals.
    So? She's fucking RUNNING.

Now as far as having a positive attitude in a survival situation, I think having luck would be a far better choice. Just think of all the shootings lately, having a positive attitude wouldn't really do **** in a situation like that. Luck of not being there would however.
    Running would help.
    Last edited by WorldWarCheese; 6/08/2012 5:15am at . Reason: One too many "Umm"'s

Posted On:
    6/08/2012 10:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese View Post
    **** you.

You're a spiteful, hating bastard.

Ummmm... she's running.

So? She's fucking RUNNING.

Running would help.
    Exactly where did I say she couldn't run?? I also never at any point said that it wasn't an amazing accomplishment. Are you a fucking retard?? I am in no way being spiteful. You must have missed the same reading comprehension class that perm did.
    Last edited by Bneterasedmynam; 6/08/2012 10:10am at . Reason: Put in the wrong name and a spelling error

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/08/2012 2:34pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, did you miss the class on reading comprehension?? Reread my post maybe the point escaped you.

I am in no way being spiteful. You must have missed the same reading comprehension class that perm did.
    Your point did not evade me, and you give yourself too much credit if you think your point was too cerebral to be understood by the masses like me. I just think that inside the context of this thread, your message was stupid.

Exactly where did I say she couldn't run?? I also never at any point said that it wasn't an amazing accomplishment. Are you a fucking retard??
    Your you-can't-thumb-wrestle-without-thumbs point kind of implied that you need the correct appendages for an appendage-based sport. In this way, feet are required for running, yet here we see a runner without feet. That casts a doubt on the preceeding notion, does it not? Hell, I'd sooner believe that you could make a prosthetic wrestling-thumb than functional prosthetic running legs.

Posted On:
    6/08/2012 3:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Your point did not evade me, and you give yourself too much credit if you think your point was too cerebral to be understood by the masses like me. I just think that inside the context of this thread, your message was stupid.

Your you-can't-thumb-wrestle-without-thumbs point kind of implied that you need the correct appendages for an appendage-based sport. In this way, feet are required for running, yet here we see a runner without feet. That casts a doubt on the preceeding notion, does it not? Hell, I'd sooner believe that you could make a prosthetic wrestling-thumb than functional prosthetic running legs.
    The context of this thread is about positive attitude which has little to do with prosthetics. The girl in that picture isn't running because her positive attitude is somehow levitating her, she is running because someone gave her a $30,000 dollar set of feet. Those prosthetic feet don't really care if she is positive or not they will work either way. I would argue the thumb part that having a prosthetic robot thumb really wouldn't be applicable since it really wouldn't be her winning in that case, but rather the robot thumb.

Now since you were arguing more about prosthetics and disability than you were about positive attitude, which was my main point, I can see you did in fact **** up the point of my post and that I must be too cerebral for you to comprehend.

Positive attitude is nothing more than chi with a different name. It has no power to overcome a disability beyond the point of motivation to try. But here's the thing I have seen just as much accomplished with a negative attitude. There is no super power to a positive attitude and the concept that it can help you to achieve greatness or save you from disaster is total bullshit. There is such a thing as limitation, and if you don't know your limitations you are a danger to yourself and others. Not to mention lack of humility and doubt, they are the yin to the yang of positive attitude, without them you are nothing more than a narcissist.
    Last edited by Bneterasedmynam; 6/08/2012 3:21pm at .

Posted On:
    6/09/2012 8:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Isshin-ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=PizDoff;2694744]This is my favourite DJ Tiesto song.

Love Tiesto.:)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast