• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/14/2012 9:08pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rollerball, guys; Jon-o-than, Jon-o-than, JON-O-THAN!

I'm the worst Australian...I dislike Cricket, I dislike AFL, I dislike Rugby League, I can stand Rugby Union and it's really the only game I don't dislike that involves a ball that's a national sport thing but I still neither watch or follow it.

Rugby at least doesn't have stupid rules to stop the game every 5 meters because you've been "tackled" and then the other guys are nice enough to line up again and give you another attempt; how sporting...JUMP ON THAT MOTHER-RUCKER!

And in regards to the OP...I don't know what that is...but that's something I could play, for sure!
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 4:34pm

Style: KK

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    Rugby at least doesn't have stupid rules to stop the game every 5 meters because you've been "tackled" and then the other guys are nice enough to line up again and give you another attempt; how sporting...JUMP ON THAT MOTHER-RUCKER!
    Yep, American football is not rugby. It's the quick action, start and stop action which makes it very unique, and probably not for everyone. It's a chess match, with one team trying to break down differences in somewhat impenetrable defenses in hopes of making a big play in a very crowded and contended space.

It's really almost nerdy in it's complexity, and sometimes I'm surprised that my countrymen like it as much as they do. I'm a friggin superfan, myself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 4:39pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    Yep, American football is not rugby...I honestly don't know why the sports are even getting compared on here. Being tackled stopping the action is part of what creates the sport in the first place. It's the quick, shifty, start and stop action which makes it very unique, and probably not for everyone. It's a chess match, with one team trying to break down tiny openings in somewhat impenetrable defenses in hopes of making a big play in a very crowded and contended space. Our offensive and defensive linemen are often men in excess of 300 lbs who can run sub 5 second 40s.

It's really almost nerdy in it's complexity, and sometimes I'm surprised that my countrymen like it as much as they do. I'm a friggin superfan, myself.

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 5:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    Yep, American football is not rugby...I honestly don't know why the sports are even getting compared on here.
    Probably because one evolved out of the other, and they both involve large men smashing each other over an oval ball.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 5:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Seriously Vince - who the hell measures toughness by felony?
    Uh... Dallas?

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 7:32am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rodeo clowns and bull riders are the toughest sportsmen..
    by the way isn't it that the best and biggest rugby players go and play football in America?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 7:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Rodeo clowns and bull riders are the toughest sportsmen..
    by the way isn't it that the best and biggest rugby players go and play football in America?
    Nah, they'd constantly be on the bench for 'Unnecessary Roughness' and besides, Romo would cry.

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 7:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Isometrics

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the team sports you people have listed are for bum-chums. Florentine football is where it's at:

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 7:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    You're all faggots compared to this

My high school gym coach (one of the most macho, chauvinist a-holes I've ever met) once said in no uncertain terms:

"Never fight with a ballet dancer. Oh they look like prancy delicate fariy folk, but what you may not have considered is that the man-child you see in a unitard can hold a grown woman above his head with one arm and balance their combined weight on the toes of one foot. Think about how stong someone has to be to do that. You pick a fight with those "pansies" and they will rip your freaking head off."

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 6:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would say Rugby is tougher than American football
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast