Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2012 10:52pm

Style: Goju Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not when you are a noob
    at that point its a decent enough accomplishment.

And yeah I watched the video that wasn't what I did although the positioning was similar

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    6/03/2012 10:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to be sure, does it start in this position:

Like if you were to grab your left ankle here around the guys head with your left hand and squeeze?

It's called a no-gi leg choke. not reliable for a tap on a decent opponent (though it is capable of putting you to sleep if applied right), but it has it's place. Some players that are strong with the armbar from guard use this to fight stacking defenses and finish the armbar. Rhalan Gracie has used it in competition here and there to finish the armbar which he has a very high success rate with.

edit- FYI there are a lot of chokes you can do with your legs. most require a gi though.
    Last edited by M-Tri; 6/03/2012 10:59pm at . Reason: details
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    6/03/2012 11:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    not when you are a noob

And yeah I watched the video that wasn't what I did although the positioning was similar
    Not really no.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/03/2012 11:06pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not when you are a noob

No, it's probably what you did. Leave it at that. For the record you can either sit there behind your keyboard and tell the other two guys, who are trying to give you some words of wisdom, that they are wrong or you could pay attention. I'm also letting you know that neophytes tapping to lame ass submissions are nothing to be too proud of. Best thing for you to do is have some experienced person to look at what you are doing and they can tell you if it's a legit move.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2012 11:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tri View Post
    Just to be sure, does it start in this position:

Like if you were to grab your left ankle here around the guys head with your left hand and squeeze?

It's called a no-gi leg choke. not reliable for a tap on a decent opponent (though it is capable of putting you to sleep if applied right), but it has it's place. Some players that are strong with the armbar from guard use this to fight stacking defenses and finish the armbar. Rhalan Gracie has used it in competition here and there to finish the armbar which he has a very high success rate with.

edit- FYI there are a lot of chokes you can do with your legs. most require a gi though.
    ah there we go

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    6/03/2012 11:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah there we go
    not worth your time right now. focus on finishing the armbar. this only works when you have the armbar down pat and cinch your legs into position super tight. if there is any space between the bed of your knee and the bend of their neck you are simply wasting energy and cranking your partners neck.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 9:40am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The OP is terrible at descriptive writing. Don't kick yourself over it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2012 4:22am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought at first by the title, oh a locoplata a variation of the gogplata but never heard of it being from top.

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 3:10am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "marcwags" please stop doing crappling. Please start to focus on the basics and getting the basics right. If you really care to get better, spend the time NOW on what you are supposed to be doing, not making up **** to catch and possibly hurt other new guys you are training with.

Getting a tap with something like this grants you nothing, as everyone has said. You can't finish an armbar, so until you can, with the other basics down pat, stop pulling **** out of your ass and do what you are being taught in class.

Making stuff up like that, at your level, is a great way to find ways to hurt yourself, and also possibly really hurt your training partners, which they will surely "love you" for.

Focus on the basics, as much as you can. Drill them every time you can. There is no secret weapon you can learn from youtube, apart from how to look like a dick failing at a berimbolo/random Sub 101 channel stuff and getting crushed then slowly left to the manipulations of someone with a grasp of the basics.

It's a very slippery slope into wasting your time and never improving in grappling, while also pissing off anyone else that gets injured from your "awesome moves".

Just wanted to make you aware before you fall down it, really!

Work your passes, work your side control escapes, work your basic sweeps, work your armbars. Then you can slowly build everything up!
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 10:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not even currently in a grappling or JJ class, this was just my experience from I class I was previously in for a semester
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast