Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 10:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The 70's had the real _ing _un (insert BJJ insult)

I'm not sure what sort of Wing Chun you're all looking at, but it isn't the same stuff that came over from Hong Kong in the 70s.

My school plays rough. We've had several cracked ribs and broken noses, stitches required a handful of times, twice where a punch to the area below the lips left a hole straight through, the more serious students throw up from how hard they train occasionally, I've pissed blood after sparring. Uncountable sprains and strains. One guy needed knee surgery from a training mishap. Once I pulled a little piece of someone's tooth out of my knuckle. KOs rarely, we try not to actually hurt each other. Et Cetera.

Several times folks in this thread have said to go to a place that spars... If you want to learn to fight, that makes sense, you've gotta kick the **** out of someone and get the **** kicked out of you to really learn to fight. Every style has belt factories, anyone who claims their style doesn't is a liar or ignorant. Real Wing Chun is a vicious style that turns serious practitioners into murder machines.

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 10:57am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Fu View Post
    Real Wing Chun is a vicious style that turns serious practitioners into murder machines.
    <cue "No True Scotsman" in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... >

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure what sort of Wing Chun you're all looking at, but it isn't the same stuff that came over from Hong Kong in the 70s.
    Which family of Wing Chun are you referring to here? Who brought it over?

Real Wing Chun is a vicious style that turns serious practitioners into murder machines.
    Is that what your Sifu told you? Did they also tell you that yours is the Real Wing Chun? I hear that a lot, but it doesn't always prove out.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 11:35am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do people still think this:
    We've had several cracked ribs and broken noses, stitches required a handful of times, twice where a punch to the area below the lips left a hole straight through, the more serious students throw up from how hard they train occasionally, I've pissed blood after sparring. Uncountable sprains and strains. One guy needed knee surgery from a training mishap. Once I pulled a little piece of someone's tooth out of my knuckle. KOs rarely, we try not to actually hurt each other. Et Cetera.
    Is something to brag about?
    Sorry, most people are going to frown on this claim. I wouldn't train at a school like this at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 11:57am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mouthguards?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My school plays rough.
    I love to hear about good wing chun schools. Where do you train? Website?

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 3:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    <cue "No True Scotsman" in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... >
    dude he opened with that

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 4:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, that is skirting the edge. He didn't add the important part.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 12:51am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want some 'vicious wing chun' video!

I'm sure it will be... interesting.

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 11:56am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some students bring a mouth guard if they want, most do not.

Moderate contact sparring isn't for everyone, we don't force anyone to play rough, many people are afraid to do it or just aren' interested. Only the ones who really want to learn to fight play that rough. Some students want the exercise, or like the art aspect of it, or just do it for fun.

Every single style has belt factories for 6 year olds and every style has some pretty rough and tough fighters who do it. A lot of the talk on these boards about Wing Chun is akin to my going to the kids karate class at a YMCA and saying that karate is worthless based on what I see there. Or maybe some of you guys like rolling around on a mat wrapped around your training partners for 20 minutes so much that you can't imagine enjoying anything else, who knows.

Aside - The Wing Chun I'm talking about that came over in the 70s are a few students of Yip Man that left Hong Kong for the USA following his death.

As for the rest, I have no interest in feeding trolls, maybe I'm on the wrong website, these boards are polluted with amateur gurus (probably beer-bellied) repeating some advertisement tagline they read in blackbelt magazine. No offense at all to anyone who doesn't fit that description, much respect for the opposite, actually.

And yeah. No True Scotsman.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast