Posted On:
    5/29/2012 9:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Baguazhang

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Art Mason - Peaceful Warriors - Windsor, Ontario

Long time lurker first time poster.

A fellow co-worker was asking about letting their son take lessons from this club (has 3 clubs locally) and was not sure if all the 'no touch knockouts' and energy techniques were too dangerous LOL.

Heres a youtube video of 'Master Mason' -credentials show TKD, Hapkido, Kyusho (and he's created his 'own' style).

U Tube watch?v=aUuiPTzHQD4

If you watch the video he spends a ton of time discussing the various energies (wood, water, fire, yin, yang etc), just totally messing up their little minds.

The big thing to really take from thie above video (he has MANY on youtube - no touch knockout etc) is that when he wants to emphasize how the energies make his technique more powerful he pulls the students fingers way below his belt level and torques his wrist forward (yes that would drop anyone). When he wants to show how his stance or some energy the other direction makes it less effective, he only pulls down on the students fingers a few inches (always way above his belt line - therefore alot less pressure on fingers). Repeatedly. FAKE.

I call BS big time.

U Tube watch?v=wVXt3Hrri54&feature=plcp

In this next video he grabs the poor kids jaw and palm strikes him in the jaw. Might as well just punch him in the jaw WTF Chi my azz. Its always some young kid they do their incredible techniques on. May have to visit the club to see what they're about (but I have a definite suspicion its all about peace, no fighting and avoiding a conflict - but pressure points will save you if need be. Dim mak baby LOL)

Anyways, any else's opinion on what the various videos show as well as his credentials?

thanks

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 9:38pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57547

Please read the thread above to see how to post in the MABS forum. Also, "U tube?" Wow.

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 1:56am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    right off the bat I am not thrilled with his ripoff of Dan Millman's book title. Like the treatment of his students even less. Also where is a link to his website? Does he have one?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 11:50am

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You did prevent your co-worker from subjecting her kid to this dangerous bullshit, right?

Oh, and did anyone check out their instructor profile page? The ranks and arts listed are something else. http://profiles.thepeacefulwarriors.org/

Scott here was promoted to Hapkido master (4th dan) at the age of 17!

Last edited by RWaggs; 5/31/2012 12:04pm at .

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 2:07pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That 4th dan cannot even make a proper fist! What is wrong with these people?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 2:35pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Self promotion within own system (same kid was an "assistant black belt" at age 8)...affiliation with Dillman...typical stuff.

I actually spent time (yeah, I'm bored) reading through the bios and stuff, and it's weird because the sons are never smiling in any of there pics. Also, if you read between the lines of the bios, it sounds like the older son has wanted to quit at several points, but then re-involved himself. I'm getting a real vibe here that the founder of this system has somewhat forced-coerced his sons into continual involvement in all this through elevating rank and importance of them.

There's also the typical, "we work with special needs kids" theme going on, so if this ever came to a head, you're gonna get a lot of that jive.

It's right that this thread was moved, cause there's nothing BS worthy here...just your typical pressure point/meet force with passivity/developed our own system/"street combat" oriented larpfest that you've seen a million times.
  7. Scott_Mason

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 7:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What can I say. I'm honored that you chose to put me under the BS category with my father. First I have to say, wow that is an old picture (That was taken about nine years ago). I'm sorry that I don't like showing off for the camera, I hate getting my picture taken.

For the record, we were never forced to teach. I teach because I love teaching, I enjoy watching children succeed in life. My brother and I are similar, we both have a passion for what we do. As for the whole pressure points thing, well believe what you want. I'm not here to judge your opinions or what you study.

I have no real problem with you calling our art and school bs. I know it works, and that is plenty enough for me. I hope that each and every one of you have a wonderful day.

Yours In The Arts

Scott Mason

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    7/16/2012 7:18pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    He figured since he had that snazzy do-bok, nobody would notice his form.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    7/17/2012 12:00am

supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Mason View Post
    I have no real problem with you calling our art and school bs. I know it works, and that is plenty enough for me. I hope that each and every one of you have a wonderful day.
    I'll bite - how do you know it works other than compliant drills in the dojo?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2012 12:04am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it IS dangerous.

Your friends kid will grow up being open to abuse and will probably end up taking it in the butt when he grows up (no i'm not homophobic)

make him do something manly, like bjj...where you take people inside your guard LIKE A MAN!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast