Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2012 9:40pm

Style: BJJ, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jason If I remember correctly you are from eastern NC. How did your guys do at the event? I hope they preformed well. Also how did the dudes from SC look? Were they were prepared well?

And since we are in the same state, did you an your crew go to Naga in Concord. If so we may have run across each other. Thanks man. I'm going back to the sauce.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/16/2012 11:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They don't train in Charleston because Charleston is for bitches. OP will be right at home. Get a real hood, ************. If you ain't from Stockton, you ain't ****. Punk.

Posted On:
    6/17/2012 9:42am

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 30andCrappling View Post
    Jason If I remember correctly you are from eastern NC. How did your guys do at the event? I hope they preformed well. Also how did the dudes from SC look? Were they were prepared well?

And since we are in the same state, did you an your crew go to Naga in Concord. If so we may have run across each other. Thanks man. I'm going back to the sauce.
    Didn't make Naga in Concord; we have been busy with an upgrade/move/rennovation of the school.
    We drove from Chapel Hill; 5-6 hrs.

My guys went 1-1; one guy won by armbar in 37 seconds, the other other guy (making his debut) lost to a very good wrestler by RNC.

The SC scene seems to be heavily into brawling; not a lot of jits, but okay wrestling. The people from Atlanta I saw seemed to have a more evolved game overall.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 10:27am

Style: BJJ, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate to hear about the loss. But I have to agree the SC seems to be more sparse on training options compared to NC and GA. My coach regularly goes to GA to fight outside of NC, while SC never even comes into the conversation. GA seems to have a pretty healthy scene, especially Bjj. Anyway good luck and thanks for the info.

Posted On:
    6/18/2012 10:42am

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Odd SC has good promotions though.

As for the loss, thanks for the regards; unfortunately, it happens. My fighter's opponent got swapped out from a brawler to a wrestler with 10 days notice, due to an injury. We adjusted the game plan properly, but didn't have enough time to implement/hone those skills ahead of the fight like we would have wanted.

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 3:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: all american wrestler/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    They don't train in Charleston because Charleston is for bitches. OP will be right at home. Get a real hood, ************. If you ain't from Stockton, you ain't ****. Punk.

wtf u talkin about, machado has a gym in charleston

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 3:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: all american wrestler/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 30andCrappling View Post
    I hope all are well this morning. I have exhausted my internets searching for a gym to train at in Charleston SC. Bullshido and Sherdog had nothing that was newer than three years old, and google was especially vague. Most gyms that showed up were closed or linked to a krav place that did not fit my taste. It was way to slick looking, and did not look to be sparring oriented. I like my gyms to look like they have had some miles put on them. It lets you know people are doing things in there. I plan on moving there within the year, but my friend lives there and would like train at a boxing gym. Since he is a newb i am looking for him.

Are there just too many hipsters, fraters, and hot chics in this town to support any real combat gyms, or are they just hard to find? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    i don't know why anyone hasn't said anything about machos bjj gym in charleston

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 9:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Machado Gym is dead. The top 12 students - including six brown belts - quit and are training in a private garage club. They now roll up under BB Scott Devine. CharlestonBJJ.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 9:41am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JME2020 View Post
    The Machado Gym is dead. The top 12 students - including six brown belts - quit and are training in a private garage club. They now roll up under BB Scott Devine. CharlestonBJJ.
    What's the story behind that?

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 10:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The owner of the school (TKD BB) told the BJJ BB Instructor (Ica Medina) not to promote one of the brown belts to black because he might leave and start his own school. The BJJ BB Instructor explained that this is not how things are done in BJJ. Arguments ensued. Result = BJJ BB Instructor fired and all the top students left to train in a more positive environement.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123