Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 10:35am

Style: Goju Ryu Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Hahahahahahahaa........ Nope, it has nothing to do with your test. It has to do with your comments in this and other threads. You've claimed to be training Goju for a minute, but haven't sparred? Bwahahahahahaaaa

Of course, we won't mention how you admit you use Muay Thai and kickboxing techniques in your training. You know,,,because it is all KARATE.
    I've done hours and hours of shadowboxing, taking hits, trying to hit a blocking opponent, etc but no I had never sparred before. I was a white belt, white belts don't spar and on top of that I usually go to the classes where we focus on kata instead of sparring because I knew that's what I would need to grade quicker.

Training goju for a minute? what? I've trained for 4 months now almost.
    Never anywhere have I said I've sparred stand up. I have done much grappling and wrestling but this was my first stand up sparring.

As for Muay Thai, what does that have to do with anything? Our footwork is entirely Goju as our a lot of our strikes but Muay Thai strikes work too so why on earth wouldn't we learn them? It seems like you are reaching sir. We are a self defense oriented school not purist.

Anyways now that I'm yellow I should spar weekly or every other week depending on which classes I go to and how often I attend class.

If you are laughing at me getting tagged in the face I don't understand. I was sparring black belts who have been training for 6+ years at the minimum. I had trouble blocking hooks because before this sparring we had only ever tried to block straight punches and uppercuts so I kept getting hit around my guard.

Still my partners were impressed especially since I'd never sparred before.
    I was very happy that all the footwork drills, defensive drills and shadowboxing that I have been doing was so easily translatable into sparring.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 10:45am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You were a WHITE BELT trying to set up a match with Keysi fighters, telling people how to spar and the real use of KARATE BLOCKS by people with 20 times your experience in fighting.

Now, child, if you can't see why I am laughing at you GROW THE **** UP. There is no reach, it is pointing out your shitty attitude in every thread because YOU KNOW BETTER THAN EVERYONE. Yet, you have very little experience.

Nope, it has nothing to do with your test.
    I know you have problems reading, there it is from the original post.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 10:49am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no such technique as a "block" in karate.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 10:53am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not true - I see quite a lot of "b(ol)locks" all the time

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 10:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a) bringing up stuff I said months ago shows you want to start an argument.
    b)I never told people 'how to spar' I simply said that i believed karate blocks can be used effectively, and I still believe it. That doesn't mean I'm telling you to go do karate blocks.
    c)I have no attitude, 95% of this forum is more experienced than me and I respect that which is why I don't argue with their technique suggestions unless they are rude and ridiculous. You are the fire starter pretty clearly.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 11:01am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Karate blocks are pretty useless "as is" - why spend a lot of time re-learning lessons that have already been learned by those better than you?

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 11:02am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    a) bringing up stuff I said months ago shows you want to start an argument.
    The person that wants to argue didn't have to respond. That's you. 29 days is not MONTHS.

b)I never told people 'how to spar' I simply said that i believed karate blocks can be used effectively, and I still believe it. That doesn't mean I'm telling you to go do karate blocks.
    c)I have no attitude, 95% of this forum is more experienced than me and I respect that which is why I don't argue with their technique suggestions unless they are rude and ridiculous. You are the fire starter pretty clearly.
    No, I fan the flames, you say the dumbshit fire starting all by yourself. Like now, you blame everyone else. It's funny that rude isn't bumping a thread, complaining, telling people they are wrong and then getting angry because YOU DIDN'T read or care about the article.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 11:11am

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    There is no such technique as a "block" in karate.
    This.

The thread title should actually read:

"Te techniques which were watered down in the early 20th century for teaching to Japanese schoolkids and fifty years later were misinterpreted by Westerners" again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 11:12am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    Karate blocks are pretty useless "as is" - why spend a lot of time re-learning lessons that have already been learned by those better than you?
    in terms of flexibility and certain aspects of strength training karate blocks has already helped me.
    In our training we are told we shouldn't use the uke in actual self defence situations for anything other than creating openings like a boxing parry or to use to hold the opponent while you sidestep (unless your reflexes are conditioned to a ridiculous point), which is why we are taught a modern guard as well.

Anyways that is just how I am training, not saying anyone else should do it but it works for me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 11:12am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    This.

The thread title should actually read:

"Te techniques which were watered down in the early 20th century for teaching to Japanese schoolkids and fifty years later were misinterpreted to Westerners" again.
    Fixed. Oh and I blame Westerners as well.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast