228372 Bullies, 4229 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 73
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,013

    Posted On:
    5/29/2012 10:18am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    i didn't really read the article tbh, I was just commenting on the fact that people think karate blocks don't work.
    It is called context. Saying Karate Blocks don't work, in context to the ARTICLE, is accurate. So YOU aren't arguing the point raised in the original thread,you are arguing your agenda? Thanks.

    Now I KNOW I rightfully culled these posts. The rest is based on your opinion because he reps his TRAINING in totality not just Karate.

    Oh and thanks to Renee, because I'll leave you alone now that I have proper CONTEXT.
  2. marcwagz is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    207

    Posted On:
    5/29/2012 10:30am


     Style: Goju Ryu Karate

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    stick your nose up and have fun if that's what you want to do.
    My "context" is no less ridiculous than anybody else around here

    When Machida fights and says "Machida Jiu Jitsu and Macida Sumo! Thats what made me win!" instead of "Karate is back! Machida Karate!" than maybe I'll put some more stock in what you say.

    Until then the fact that you won't accept that Machida probably got a lot of his moves from Karate is silly and stubborn.
  3. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,152

    Posted On:
    5/29/2012 11:48am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Karate blocks are at least as effective as TKD blocks. Does that help??
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,013

    Posted On:
    5/29/2012 12:00pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    stick your nose up and have fun if that's what you want to do.
    My "context" is no less ridiculous than anybody else around here
    School wasn't your strong suit. It is more ridiculous because you aren't using the correct context.
    When Machida fights and says "Machida Jiu Jitsu and Macida Sumo! Thats what made me win!" instead of "Karate is back! Machida Karate!" than maybe I'll put some more stock in what you say.
    It isn't what I said, it is what HE SAID. You aren't reading well today are you? Oh and this is a lie, you won't put stock in anything. I told you to do some reseacrh and your response is
    That's the real "stick your nose up" going on in this thread.



    Until then the fact that you won't accept that Machida probably got a lot of his moves from Karate is silly and stubborn.
    Who said he doesn't use Karate? Did anyone say that anywhere in this thread? Get the quotes. Oh wait, you can't.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/29/2012 1:13pm at .
  5. marcwagz is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    207

    Posted On:
    5/29/2012 1:13pm


     Style: Goju Ryu Karate

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have nothing against any art, other than I want to see a wider variety of them used in competitions.

    Also I am still in university, but that also has nothing to do with this thread thanks for attempting to derail.

    I know Machida's training history. All I'm trying to say is that karate blocks can work if used practically. This article is a little silly but his story about the boxer saying he didn't use his karate block because it didn't look like the way his school stands and practices it is typical of the way people mock karate.

    Personally I don't know why you have so much fun analyzing peoples opinions like this "Hahaha he thinks this while I think this of course i'm right!"

    I thought you were going to ignore me lol, better get on that. I'm done with this topic my leaving statement:
    Karate blocks can be made to work, you want to believe different go ahead. The article was right in stating that people seem to think for it to be a karate block that it has to look the way it looks in the karate kid even though that isn't true at all.
  6. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,588

    Posted On:
    5/29/2012 1:18pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    i didn't really read the article tbh
    then you can stop now.
  7. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,013

    Posted On:
    5/29/2012 1:22pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I lied, just like you.
  8. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,264

    Posted On:
    5/29/2012 1:24pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Marc, you're a fucking idiot and idiots are humorous, how's that?
  9. Chili Pepper is online now
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,209

    Posted On:
    5/29/2012 1:41pm


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    I have nothing against any art, other than I want to see a wider variety of them used in competitions.
    Ah, the heady days of UFC 1-5.
  10. slamdunc is online now
    slamdunc's Avatar

    Extraordinarily Ordinary

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173

    Posted On:
    5/29/2012 1:45pm

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Karate blocks are at least as effective as TKD blocks.
    That is fair to say, when I spar, I don't even pay attention to which system my or my opponent's blocks are from. If they buffer or deflect the technique, it worked for me.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.