Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 10:37pm

Style: Kyokushinkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What an odd statement?
    Nothing constructive to add? Just filling the void?

You can do better than that.

Have you done Bujinkan?

What is your opinion?
    Last edited by OldShintaro; 5/29/2012 10:40pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 10:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Beak View Post
    I already feel bad about that.
    Nevermind
    Tapatalk
    See, I knew that you were smarter than that comment.

So have you seen any Bujinkan? What did you think? And why did you think that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 11:36pm

Style: Akayama Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even though I am not from Bujinkan. I think there is somethings that go on in Bujinkan that folks are not aware of. And yeah I am sure the response of "A lot of the Bujinkan haters on this website USED to be in Bujinkan" can be brought up.

But even Bujinkan members will tell you that quality control is a big problem in Bujinkan as a lot of people in Bujinkan got into Bujinkan for the wrong reason.(Usually along the lines of wanting to be a Ninja) But I have a friend in Bujinkan who uses Bujinkan techniques very lively and in sparring. He trained under a Japanese teacher in Japan. He gave me a private video showing somethings. I saw most of the students were Japanese and there was like two or three westerners. Which kinda booted the argument of Bujinkan being all about fat westerners(or something to that effect).

That is the thing with Japanese martial arts that are tradition based. You can't really base off videos on youtube or hearsay.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 11:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, it is a massive hurdle the Ninjer thing.
    It was obviously brought in during the Ninja boom to cash in on it.

Maybe your friend answer this, has he ever done anything that was from the Shoninki, Ninpiden or Bansenshukai?
    Because as far as I know Bujinkan is a crippled Martial Art. There are lots of broken things in it like the loss of basics.
    When Hatsumi passes away, I don't know what will happen. Get better? or just fade away.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 11:49pm

Style: Akayama Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldShintaro View Post
    Yea, it is a massive hurdle the Ninjer thing.
    It was obviously brought in during the Ninja boom to cash in on it.

Maybe your friend answer this, has he ever done anything that was from the Shoninki, Ninpiden or Bansenshukai?
    Because as far as I know Bujinkan is a crippled Martial Art. There are lots of broken things in it like the loss of basics.
    When Hatsumi passes away, I don't know what will happen. Get better? or just fade away.
    Actually I can answer to you YES. A lot of what is said is found in Takamatsuden Ninjutsu arts. Keep in mind that it will be hard to find this taught in your everyday Bujinkan class. Why? Because most of them aren't taught it. Why is that? Because a lot of it is seen as useless to learn/teach.
    People are more interested in the "fighting Ninja"
    My friend actually has some videos on Gozie showing a little bit of it. You can find me on gozie and message me@Jujutsuka. I'll show you the videos from there. I don't want to blast his videos all over a forum.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    Actually I can answer to you YES. A lot of what is said is found in Takamatsuden Ninjutsu arts. Keep in mind that it will be hard to find this taught in your everyday Bujinkan class. Why? Because most of them aren't taught it. Why is that? Because a lot of it is seen as useless to learn/teach.
    People are more interested in the "fighting Ninja"
    My friend actually has some videos on Gozie showing a little bit of it. You can find me on gozie and message me@Jujutsuka. I'll show you the videos from there. I don't want to blast his videos all over a forum.
    that's the same damn issue with all of these styles, claiming "quality control" & ****. "Oh, I have a friend that trains it for r34L and it works!" Whatever. Silat is the same, if not worse than the Bujinkan, over this issue. Finding quality Silat or Bujinkan training is like finding a needle in a haystack, & even then, it's STILL just Silat or Bujinkan. Guys in the Booj who can actually fight are guaranteed to have brought fighting skills with them, or they picked them up thru cross training. Anyone would be better off doing Judo plus Boxing or Muay Thai. Plus, most anyone doing Bujinkan weapons sucks because they don't really spar, FMAs that do contact training will yield much better results for less time & money. If I could go back & do it all again, I'd do it different.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:38am

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldShintaro View Post
    See, I knew that you were smarter than that comment.

So have you seen any Bujinkan? What did you think? And why did you think that?

Smarter? Why smarter? Was it smart of me to retract my comment to not incur the wrath of a ninja?

No I edited the comment because I am trying to imitate cooler and more skillful MAist than myself who both put up and shut up. And editing the comment was my best shot at the Shut up part.

Have i seen Buj? Yes. What did I think? I thought it sucked. Why? Because the Demo I saw consisted of some smug little **** first giving a little speech about how deadly he was then going around tapping guys on their chest as they threw themselves to the ground.

At one point he grabbed a female student by her ponytail and moved her over when she stood in the wrong place for the skit they were about to preform.

The funny thing was I was waiting to be wowed. I was training in another BS art at the time and still thought that some of these art where awesome and real and couldn't wait to see the Ninja Demo. All through the speech I believed all the crap the Ninjer was spouting then after seeing the techniques I felt robbed.

But that's probably because he didn't train in Australia in the 80's I heard those guys had the real. Them and the Japanese but not all the Japs just the ones who trained the Austrailian guys and the ones who trained Judo and Karate before going full Buj.

Original Deleted comment:

And what happened then?
    Well, in YMAS they say
    OldShintaro's butthole grew 3 sizes that day.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:46am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    Even though I am not from Bujinkan. I think there is somethings that go on in Bujinkan that folks are not aware of. And yeah I am sure the response of "A lot of the Bujinkan haters on this website USED to be in Bujinkan" can be brought up.

But even Bujinkan members will tell you that quality control is a big problem in Bujinkan as a lot of people in Bujinkan got into Bujinkan for the wrong reason.(Usually along the lines of wanting to be a Ninja) But I have a friend in Bujinkan who uses Bujinkan techniques very lively and in sparring. He trained under a Japanese teacher in Japan. He gave me a private video showing somethings. I saw most of the students were Japanese and there was like two or three westerners. Which kinda booted the argument of Bujinkan being all about fat westerners(or something to that effect).

That is the thing with Japanese martial arts that are tradition based. You can't really base off videos on youtube or hearsay.
    It's always funny how the guy who never trained in Japan is telling the people who have how it really is.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it not smarter to think like that in the first place?

That wasn't a demo at all, just a ego trip by that instructor.
    I'm sorry that they sold you on the Ninjer garbage. It simply isn't true. It really pisses me off that Bujinkan used that. Do you remember what year that was??

I don't know about other countries, all I can comment on, from what people have said, is that things were different. I don't know why, they just were. I need to find my old instructor.
    But I would definitely agree that people had bases in Karate and Judo, just as an example, that probably made the difference.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:51am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Beak View Post
    But that's probably because he didn't train in Australia in the 80's I heard those guys had the real.
    This whole thread was worth it, if for this gem alone.
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast