Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 9:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldShintaro View Post
    So, in your opinion, how does Nagato's training differ from what everyone in Bujinkan is training and or learning?
    He likes techniques that work. What he covers at hombu often differs greatly from what he teaches on his own time. I've seen him apply uchi mata many times even though most stupid Americans would shudder at the idea of anyone in the BJK lifing one leg & bending over while performing a throw. He's also very good at "ninja sacrifice throws" which he does just as any judoka would perform sutemi-waza. He's picky about his kyusho which he uses in coordination with other kuzushi to set up his throws. I'd recommend someone do a few years of Judo before they train with him.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 10:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ***DBL POST***
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 2:14am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    That's fine.
    But he does exist... hes even a member on martialartsplanet
    Hes very private person and keeps to himself.
    But hes shared a wealth of knowledge about his school with me.
    LMAO if this turns out to be Bencole you will be the laughing stock of the internet!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 2:17am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    Alright, well I obviously cannot convince you. So you believe that I am making things up.
    Whether or not we agree. Reality still takes its course.
    But his videos and pictures that he sent back to me from Japan are a lot more convincing than your words to me.
    Ofcourse you can't convince anyone when you can't back up your claim. I, and others, have first hand experience not second hand from some "friend" with all these videos that he apparently already put on the net but you won't share for some illogical reason. So your words are empty while mine carry weight.

I think the real matter is that we will see the videos and it will be the same BS we always see or its is as mentioned before that its not Buj he is using but more a judo, boxing, etc background.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 6:41pm

Style: Kyokushinkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    I think the real matter is that we will see the videos and it will be the same BS we always see or its is as mentioned before that its not Buj he is using but more a judo, boxing, etc background.
    Kyokushin openly admits that it has incorporated Muay Thai. Does that make it less like Kyokushin? (http://www.kyokushinkaikarate.co.uk/...nkaikarate.htm)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 6:52pm

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, that's what makes it kyokushin.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 6:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well that is what makes it Bujinkan then!

EDIT:

Look, I am not arguing that the effectiveness of Bujinkan training is well........****.
    But because a MA look like another doesn't make less effective if trained correctly. It is just that Bujinkan is NOT trained effectively.
    No doubt that a part of that effectiveness is not to be trying to execute convoluted techniques. As previously pointed out Nagato is selective to what he train as he knows what is effective.
    Last edited by OldShintaro; 6/01/2012 7:02pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 7:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldShintaro View Post
    Well that is what makes it Bujinkan then!
    So, in the secret scrolls that no one has been allowed to view, BOOJ admits they cherry picked techniques?

Otherwise, you missed his point. Most people know KK is a hybrid Karate system. It doesn't try to be more than it is in history or form. There is no hidden aspect to its history, its creation, or how it is normally practiced.

Are there myths? Of course, but again I can go see real KK, I have to BELIEVE there is real Booj.

It is always in Japan, in the past, or some non-descript dojo that is NOW watered down.

Good Booj seems to always have a merging of styles, like KK, but without the admission of use of other styles

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 7:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have no argument from me about the scrolls. I believe that it is a total crock of **** to hide such things. Well.......unless there is really something embarrassing to hide. But that is just my opinion.

EDIT:
    I was only thinking about what has been shown. And the effectiveness of that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2012 7:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A link to what has apparently been released and interpreted for publication:
    http://www.bujinkan-densho.de/