Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 3:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kalavic View Post
    Derailed and petered off and developed into an edifying conclusion are two different things. Most of the threads that could have some potential value die out this way without getting anywhere.
    The irony is palpable. Instead of ignoring it you feed it?

I'm curious if Earl with his whole Juche Tul speil had anything in actual defense of it. The route he took was flustering out. I want to see his point of view.
    Weird. So, instead of asking a legit question, which would make for a legit bump you go the route of
    Better to let it rest.
    ?

So, which is it? You needed to lecture people or ask a question? No, it isn't both otherwise, your lecture would have contained the newest question.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 2:07pm

Style: wing chun

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    The irony is palpable. Instead of ignoring it you feed it?

Weird. So, instead of asking a legit question, which would make for a legit bump you go the route of
    ?

So, which is it? You needed to lecture people or ask a question? No, it isn't both otherwise, your lecture would have contained the newest question.
    Very asstute observations! I will do my best to heed your stylistic advice regarding the forum. But why are you bringing this up 10 posts after the fact?

As it worked out, Earl politely presented his viewpoint to me. Posts are centering around that. Let's keep that direction.

Back on topic... The North Koreans I know I'm not even sure they'd count as defectors. They immigrated to the USSR, which was just another communist country, and stayed after the collapse. I haven't met any with especially heated opinions either way, less so than the Koreans I knew in America (all from SK). One of my friends (half Korean/half Uzbek) went to SK for a few years, and he liked it. But all of my political conversations with them have been about broad topics, not focused culture-specific ones I'm largely ignorant of. The older generation usually has poor Russian, and the younger doesn't have much of an opinion to talk about which makes it difficult as well.

So long as we don't all kill each other it will all blow over in time is my hypothesis.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 2:16pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Have you ever spoken to a North Korean who's not a defector, period?

Have you ever spoken to a North Korean defector?
    I'll take that as a no. So basically you're saying you know what people think based on second hand and unreliable accounts. All I needed to know.

Your counterpoint is irrelevent because I didn't claim to know the opinion of people I hadn't talked to.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 2:26pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But why are you bringing this up 10 posts after the fact?.
    You needed it clarified.

You waited 7 months to complain about what happened in this thread. That's a derail. I responded.

You complained again about how and what. Another derail. I responded.

You are now complaining about a correction, a few days later and after 10 posts? A continued derail from the original. You then answer, again, and tell me to keep it on topic.
    LOL.

I am responding.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/24/2013 7:27am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll take that as a no. So basically you're saying you know what people think based on second hand and unreliable accounts. All I needed to know.

Your counterpoint is irrelevent because I didn't claim to know the opinion of people I hadn't talked to.
    Actually, yes, I have. If you had actually paid attention to this and other threads on the topic, you might have learned this. You would also know that the poster you originally called out is Korean. Instead, you decided to play dumb semantic games.

All of that is meaningless, because again, you have white people performing pieces of Commufascist propoganda and thinking it's cool. I don't have to be Korean to know that what they are doing is morally reprehensible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2013 4:44am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Actually, yes, I have. If you had actually paid attention to this and other threads on the topic, you might have learned this. You would also know that the poster you originally called out is Korean. Instead, you decided to play dumb semantic games.

All of that is meaningless, because again, you have white people performing pieces of Commufascist propoganda and thinking it's cool. I don't have to be Korean to know that what they are doing is morally reprehensible.
    Semantics means the meaning of words. A game of that would be something like me saying your repeated usage of fascism and communism is incorrect. That's not what I'd been doing.

Of course I realized that there were Koreans posting here. Can you send you me a link to the post I overlooked where the people who like Duche say that it's their expression of love to the practice of genocide?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/25/2013 6:37am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Semantics means the meaning of words.
    No, what you just described is actually called a definition. Semantics is the study of those meanings and their classifications. This would be me pedantically playing a semantic game.

Of course I realized that there were Koreans posting here. Can you send you me a link to the post I overlooked where the people who like Duche say that it's their expression of love to the practice of genocide?
    Now, THIS is you playing semantic games.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/25/2013 9:41am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you send you me a link to the post I overlooked where the people who like Duche say that it's their expression of love to the practice of genocide?
    Yeah, it's the entire thread.

Posted On:
    6/04/2013 1:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you feel about traveling out to the burbs? I used to study with Master Lee when he was operating a Kim's Black Belt Academy in Carol Stream. He has now opened his own place called Bruce H. Lee Martial Arts in Glendale Heights.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 11:38am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AzianDragonz View Post
    How do you feel about traveling out to the burbs? I used to study with Master Lee when he was operating a Kim's Black Belt Academy in Carol Stream. He has now opened his own place called Bruce H. Lee Martial Arts in Glendale Heights.
    I have had a chance to meet him once, I forget what the setting was at the time. Nice guy as well.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567