Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 9:36am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Weiss View Post
    Well, since you know "A Couple" and I am one, I can't help but wonder who the other one is. You can PM me.
    No PM needed....there is GM Kim, Tae-hyung of Kim's Black Belt Academy in Aurora, and I believe that GM Shin, of Bear Brand products is ITF but no longer active in the organization itself (though I could be wrong on him)
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 9:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguksaram View Post
    What killed me the most was a picture of the editor of TKD Times saluting a NK soldier.
    Stopped subscribing to TKD Times when they seemingly only acknowledged the NK ITF.
    Right. I believe the new editor is very much connected with the NK group of ITF.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 9:47am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read it and quoted it.
    Yes and as usual you fucked it up.

If it were a semantic battle we would get into misuse of the term "Genocide" at post 16 which refers to
    "the policy of deliberately killing a nationality or ethnic group ."
    Misuse? Nope.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/genocide
    GENOCIDE
    : the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group.
    Keyword is "or," you do understand that means it does not need to be about race. Yeah, misuse on your part.
    NK is a horribly oppressive regime. They are only oppressing their own race. I have yet to see someone claim that they target a specific group for extermination unless you consider political opposition a nationality or ethnic group.
    Merriam is consider a better source than wiki. So, nope, not me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 11:28am

Style: TKD & JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Misuse? Nope.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/genocide
    GENOCIDE
    : the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group.
    Keyword is "or," you do understand that means it does not need to be about race. Yeah, misuse on your part.
    Merriam is consider a better source than wiki. So, nope, not me.
    Mine was from "World English Dictionary" .

"World English Dictionary
    genocide (ˈdʒɛnəʊˌsaɪd)

— n
    the policy of deliberately killing a nationality or ethnic group

[C20: from geno-, from Greek genos race + -cide ]

So, I quoted the definition correctly.
    You have found a different definition . You think it applies? Well, no point arguing with you.

For anyone else who may find this of any interest.
    NK opresses virtualy everyone. There is no political "Group" it seeks to systematicaly destroy unless of course you consider any NK citizen it suspects of being in opposition as constituting a group.
    Frankly I consider NK policies more sinister than genocide. If you know someone is engaged in genocide at least you have an idea if you are targeted. With NK you never know.

Made it all the more curious that western Korean GMs of the ITF initialy decided to support the NK faction. 3 of the 4 have distanced themselves now from that group. The 4th being the TKD Times guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 11:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguksaram View Post
    No PM needed....there is GM Kim, Tae-hyung of Kim's Black Belt Academy in Aurora, and I believe that GM Shin, of Bear Brand products is ITF but no longer active in the organization itself (though I could be wrong on him)
    Not familiar with the first. I am acquainted with GM KS Shin. He has not been associated with the ITF for decades. Back in the late 1960's I believe he hosted an ITF competition in Chicago. Among those in attendance and going to inner together along with him were Mas Oyama and General Choi. One day I will ask him more about it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 11:33am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mine was from "World English Dictionary" .

"World English Dictionary
    genocide (ˈdʒɛnəʊˌsaɪd)

n
    the policy of deliberately killing a nationality or ethnic group

[C20: from geno-, from Greek genos race + -cide ]

So, I quoted the definition correctly.
    You have found a different definition . You think it applies? Well, no point arguing with you.
    Oh look, you brought it up and it was PROVEN that there was no MISUSE. LOL.

For anyone else who may find this of any interest.
    NK opresses virtualy everyone. There is no political "Group" it seeks to systematicaly destroy unless of course you consider any NK citizen it suspects of being in opposition as constituting a group.
    Frankly I consider NK policies more sinister than genocide. If you know someone is engaged in genocide at least you have an idea if you are targeted. With NK you never know.

Made it all the more curious that western Korean GMs of the ITF initialy decided to support the NK faction. 3 of the 4 have distanced themselves now from that group. The 4th being the TKD Times guy.
    Oh look goal posts. So, now to be right, it is far more sinister than genocide? LOL.

Take you logical fallacies and shove them up your ass right next to your head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 11:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Bodhi108;2727296]It doesn't matter what you think.

QUOTE]

The feeling is mutual.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 11:44am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The feeling is mutual.
    Not surprising coming from the guy who just did this:

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 11:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not familiar with the first. I am acquainted with GM KS Shin. He has not been associated with the ITF for decades. Back in the late 1960's I believe he hosted an ITF competition in Chicago. Among those in attendance and going to inner together along with him were Mas Oyama and General Choi. One day I will ask him more about it.
    GM Kim, has been in the Aurora area since 1972. When I first moved to the area I went to check out his school. We talked for a a few hours about ITF, KKW and what not. He simply told me that he was part of ITF when he first came to America, but then it got so political that he didn't see why he should remain in it since it really did not do anything for him or his students. He keeps in touch with other ITF and even KKW Koreans, but really does not take part in the hoopla nor cares about it. He has had the same store front dojang since he moved to the area. Really nice gentleman.

I didn't think KS Shin was involved with ITF anymore. He is another very nice gentleman that I see from time to time at one of the AKA tournaments that one of his students (or person he is giving rank to) holds. Don't really care so much for the student, but that is a topic for another time. :)
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2012 5:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Oh look, you brought it up and it was PROVEN that there was no MISUSE. LOL.

You think you proved it was an appropriate use of the word.

Please specify the political group targeted for destruction.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast