Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/10/2012 8:32pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ask if they use Chookya Makgi to block a chainsaw attack.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  2. top knot

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 5:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Their senior black belt couldn't make it, but it only took $5 to get the gardener to pose in their gi.
    eh... eh... whys he gotta be the gardener just cuz he's brown, esse? que pinche, gringo baboso chupador de mi mierda, pendejo!
    Oh, ****, wait, that's Julio.. nevermind...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 9:15am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They should change their name to Kick High TKD and Sweet TKD Photography.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2012 9:39pm

Style: karate, Mexican Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always wondered why there were so many weird kids at TMA tourneys. Now, I know where they came from. Kinda glad I showed no mercy and stomped them.
    *Proud Former Member of Kobra Kai Type Gym*

Seeing these guys helps me realize why TMA was a waste of time. Or maybe TKD instantly vaporizes Apocalypse Zombies, FML I'm a shotokan guy.

Posted On:
    12/03/2014 12:29am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Eh

That was actually a really great school, but it fell into the hands of various immature and/or inexperienced instructors, and ran a slow decline, and is now closed.

The photos seen here were a part of an annual picture day, the kind of which many schools do. A nice way to leave your mark in a school's history, so future students can look back and say, "oh hey, I didn't know ___ used to train here." Or just look back on yourself and see how much you've grown and progressed in your own training.

To answer a few questions, yes, a lot of the photos were ridiculous and over the top. The chainsaw was a gag photo for his own personal amusement, and part of an alternating back-and-forth joke each year to one-up the silly picture. Many of the others were at the fault of the current staff allowing students to pose with their own personal weapons, instead of showcasing actual weaponry used in the school. (hence the fantasy swords.)

The school was certainly no pushover. Though it did push the mentality of 'anyone can do it' a little too hard, resulting in some under-trained students, the students who took their training seriously showed significant improvement in minimal time. The system didn't work for everybody, but for those it did work for, it worked exceedingly well. And that's really fairly typical in most modern-day martial arts establishments.

tl;dr used to be a good school. pictures don't reflect that, whatsoever.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234