Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 6:21pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion_wins View Post
    There is nothing wrong with getting a tattoo for an achievement in your life. I got my unit's crest tattooed after my infantry course and dont regret it even if im not serving anymore. I also got a tiger tattooed on my forearm when I got my yellow belt, will get a Chinese dragon on my other forearm when I reach red belt (which might be tonight if all goes well)
    My tattoo exceptions are: if you were part of a military unit, but more so if it is an elite unit. if you went to prison. if you were crew to a remarkable vessel, or you are a full time sailor. If you are a hot chick. So kudos for the first bit.

Sorry, Asiany **** being tattooed on you for yellow belt and red belt is pretty lame. Extra lame points if you are Asian. You'll get your black belt and ****, move on other arts, and realize that it was kinda lame. Either that or you will run out of room to get tattoos, but at that point it doesn't matter because you'll be able to **** up almost everyone you run into, which is badass. Anyways it is your ego and your body. If a yellow belt in any art was such an achievement for you, then it is. Please get a huge tattoo of a rising phoenix on your back, that is fucking up the tiger and the dragin when you get your black belt.

Unrelated:
    This chick on my facebook keeps talking about how she wants a tattoo that says 'Firstborn Daughter' in Korean because how it affected her life and ****. There is some personal story behind her choice but I don't care: I wonder if she realizes how stupid it will look to anyone who can read Korean. The rule is, if you wouldn't get it tattooed in your native language, then fucking don't. If you think somehow being a foreign language suddenly makes it cool then you're just acting like a dumbass ignorant person who doesn't realize there are millions of people in the world who don't really think it is cool that you have a tattooin their language.

Oh god. I'm just imagining how horrible the writing is going to be when some gringo tattoo artist tries to copy that ****. Like most Chinese character tattoo's I've seen.

Unless it is some vague, dying language. Then it is kinda cool.
    Last edited by dwkfym; 7/03/2013 6:26pm at .
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    7/04/2013 5:17pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have two dragon tattoos one on each arm (among others), thought they were cool 10 years ago. Now they're kinda lame. If anyone asks I just tell them that the tattoos are old. They still look cool but they're kind of douchey if you ask me. Eventually I want to get partial sleeves around the dragons just so I don't have big glaring obvious dragon tattoos on my arms.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2013 6:41pm

Style: lazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tattooed "eat shin sucker" down my right shin. At times its been regrettable , but on other hand it's still good for a laugh , and not nearly as regrettable as my exs name and tattooed wedding ring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 8:09am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tattoos could make you ineligible to get an MRI. Darker tattoo inks are metal-based and can burn the patient.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 10:01am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. moroni View Post
    Tattoos could make you ineligible to get an MRI. Darker tattoo inks are metal-based and can burn the patient.
    http://tattoo.about.com/cs/tatfaq/a/mri_scan.htm

Apparently that was only SOME ink that would have been used about 20 years ago or longer. Ever since ink was regulated, metal particles have not been put in ink.

I have tattoos all over my body, and have had multiple MRIs, with no issues.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 10:08am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    My tattoo exceptions are:
    Google Lass Suicide. You might be willing to make another exception. OTOH one wonders what she'll look like in 40 years or so.

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 2:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdempsey View Post
    I tattooed "eat shin sucker" down my right shin. At times its been regrettable , but on other hand it's still good for a laugh , and not nearly as regrettable as my exs name and tattooed wedding ring.
    Get a comma inked in there, or you might get people asking you who Shin Sucker is and why you're telling them to go down on him/her/it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 3:25pm

Style: lazy

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got kids ? That's a dad joke if i ever heard one ;-).

Ill just have to reply with a "you!" and a swift kick to the mouth as they bend over to read it.

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 7:17pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I have had more ink done, on my right arm sleeve. It is the same arm that the Korean Hapkido tattoo is on and I incorporated it into the design. Basically it is a Japanese inspired sleeve, with an Australian theme and several sub themes that will eventuate as the rest of my body is completed. Instead of the dragon, it is a crocodile, instead of Japanese flowers, I have Australian flora. It is coming along nicely.

Now, I am well aware of the seemingly incongruity of a Japanese style tattoo incorporating Korean writing. I put a photo of the half finished sleeve on Facebook and Sirc began telling me how his Korean friends were laughing at me. I was so devastated that I instantly went and got all my tattoos lasered off, then had plastic surgery to change my face so his Korean friends wouldn't recognise me if I ever saw them. Not really, it is actually a source of amusement for me, too. When Korean or Japanese people laugh at the "stupid gaijin/whatever whitey is called in Korea", I'm having a little chuckle with them, "lol @ younger me". I get it, I don't know the language past possibly ordering a second side dish and even then it'd only be kimchi. But I'm not about to wipe out something that (a) caused me pain, (b) I learnt a great deal from, (c) 90% of the world population can't tell the difference and (d) looks super bad arse. .
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/06/2013 10:20am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats like a really high degree of awareness, actually. I should get a oldschool Germany themed tattoo with polish writing. I could tell people that my mother is half German and Polish because of what happened in WW2, and that it was a way for me to cope with my inner love/hate relationship for what the Nazis did to my grandmother.

Except no one would believe me because nothing about me looks anywhere near German or Polish.

Battlefields, we need to switch ethnicities for a day.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast