Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2012 9:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

In defense of mcdojs...

Not all are bad. Some are better than established schools that go so overboard on tradition it is laughable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2012 10:19pm

Style: BJJ/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't a mcdojo poor quality by definition?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2012 11:12pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess I get to be the first one in on this. This subject is not really MABS worthy there man. This seems to be more of a YMAS level of content.

Posted On:
    5/25/2012 11:47pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenburke View Post
    Not all are bad. Some are better than established schools that go so overboard on tradition it is laughable.
    I think if you'd have explored this site enough you'd realize many agree the mcdojo doesn't always mean what is taught if useless. A mcdojo is just a school whose main concern is making money. Some of those schools offer a product that is quality while other schools feign quality and credentials. A school that feigns quality and lies about credentials = bullshido, which is where the real problem arises.

Posted On:
    5/25/2012 11:58pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenburke View Post
    Would you be so kind to point out a few examples to our loyal readers?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2012 2:24am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A finder grade of **** is still **** and people shouldn't be happy with eating it.

Posted On:
    5/26/2012 8:32pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bad for what? By definition, they are bad for learning martial arts, if I am not mistaken. They might not be bad for physical fitness, making money, or meeting people, or keeping your kids out of the house and learning some manners, but the issue is whether people who believe they have training from such an establishment really are capable of self-defense.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2012 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    Bad for what? By definition, they are bad for learning martial arts, if I am not mistaken. They might not be bad for physical fitness, making money, or meeting people, or keeping your kids out of the house and learning some manners, but the issue is whether people who believe they have training from such an establishment really are capable of self-defense.
    McDojo=/=bullshido, but the two are not mutually exclusive either. Some Tapout type franchise could have quality ammy guys doing the instruction, rigorously produce fighters, but also require overpriced contracts, gin up a gaudy promotion system with high fees, require you buy all your gear through them at a hefty markup, spam the place up with cardio kickboxing and Lil' Fedor kids programs, and so-on.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.