Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 3:24pm

Style: Taekwondo/Eskrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguksaram View Post
    Yes, in order to do that they had to be recommended by their instructor, proper total time in the arts. Example: For myself, if I would have tested on a consistent basis, I should be 6th dan. However I am a 3rd dan. At this point if I could get the proper recommendations, I could skip dan to 5th. I may be able to push to 6th dan simply because of my overall involvement in TKD, however, that would be a stretch but possible. Start with the date you received your 1st dan (even if it was a school dan, because you can argue that they did not apply for you when they should have). You may have a good case to get recommended for fourth and, if you have the actual time in, possible 5th. Again, it is a not an easy process, but it is possible.

I understand. I would recommend contacting the United States Taekwondo Committee. Go to www.ustaekwondocomittee.com. Email them and tell them your situation. They may be able to give you the guidance and information that you need.
    Hey man thanks a lot for that information. I will look into this. And yes I got my 1st dan in 1999 and if I tested on time I would probably be like you at 6th but yes I did get screwed for my 2nd dan and was able to at least skip to 3rd in the USA after finding a Korean who knew the korean grandmaster who did not apply for my KKW rank but gave me a small organization rank only valid in a few states for their group. I would love to simply just be 4th and apply for ranks and be official as a full instructor. And yeah 5th dan would be cool too. I will definately bring both my KKW papers to Korea with me.

After 4th you are recognized as an instructor and apply your own students ranks and can pretty much teach whatever you want as long as you teach the poomsae. I plan to just teach self defense and kickboxing style of fighting for the most part.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew WA View Post
    Hey man thanks a lot for that information. I will look into this. And yes I got my 1st dan in 1999 and if I tested on time I would probably be like you at 6th but yes I did get screwed for my 2nd dan and was able to at least skip to 3rd in the USA after finding a Korean who knew the korean grandmaster who did not apply for my KKW rank but gave me a small organization rank only valid in a few states for their group. I would love to simply just be 4th and apply for ranks and be official as a full instructor. And yeah 5th dan would be cool too. I will definately bring both my KKW papers to Korea with me.

After 4th you are recognized as an instructor and apply your own students ranks and can pretty much teach whatever you want as long as you teach the poomsae. I plan to just teach self defense and kickboxing style of fighting for the most part.
    For the most part. At 4th dan you are considered "master" rank. You can apply for KKW black belts up to, I believe 3rd dan. You can teach anything in your school so long as you adhere to the minimum requirements that KKW establishes for their dan ranking system. Other than that they don't care what you teach in your school. Good luck to you.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguksaram View Post
    For the most part. At 4th dan you are considered "master" rank. You can apply for KKW black belts up to, I believe 3rd dan. You can teach anything in your school so long as you adhere to the minimum requirements that KKW establishes for their dan ranking system. Other than that they don't care what you teach in your school. Good luck to you.
    Thanks man. I always thought it was 5th dan that was master rank but then realized people at 4th were called that. Interesting. I want to be a Taekwondo master!!! Even if I got 4th dan I would not feel I am a martial arts master...maybe give me a few more years after that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 7:25pm

Style: taekkyon, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here are two hapkido gyms in Dongtan. You could also contact these people.

These are some tkd schools.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 8:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TNMP View Post
    Here are two hapkido gyms in Dongtan. You could also contact these people.

These are some tkd schools.
    That is good to know. I plan on checking whatever I can out if I get hired to this position.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123