Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 2:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Radial Tunnel Syndrome?

Got an MRI of my right elbow.

There were a few things wrong.

Biceps degeneration, chronic scarring of the olecranon bursa, and thickened posterosuperior synovial fold.

However, the doctor said those things weren't really that severe and that the pain I was describing (can't hold a golf club straight out for more than 5 sec. without severe pain, can't grip something for more than a few seconds without serious pain) wouldn't be caused by such things.

He said I most likely had radial tunnel syndrome but that he didn't recommended the surgery; it has a success rate of only approx. 60-70%.

He said, typically, the surgery is only done if you're in pain constantly and you can't live your life.

I'm not in pain constantly only when I lift stuff or do a lot of clicking on the mouse. But I obviously can't grapple with such an affliction.

Have any of you guys had this problem?

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 11:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfishtank View Post
    Got an MRI of my right elbow.

There were a few things wrong.

Biceps degeneration, chronic scarring of the olecranon bursa, and thickened posterosuperior synovial fold.

However, the doctor said those things weren't really that severe and that the pain I was describing (can't hold a golf club straight out for more than 5 sec. without severe pain, can't grip something for more than a few seconds without serious pain) wouldn't be caused by such things.

He said I most likely had radial tunnel syndrome but that he didn't recommended the surgery; it has a success rate of only approx. 60-70%.

He said, typically, the surgery is only done if you're in pain constantly and you can't live your life.

I'm not in pain constantly only when I lift stuff or do a lot of clicking on the mouse. But I obviously can't grapple with such an affliction.

Have any of you guys had this problem?
    Typically it's not called Radial Tunnel Syndrome, but more commonly Radial Nerve Entrapment (but who gives a **** what it's called. It still can be pretty fucked up). Any peripheral nerve can get trapped anywhere, but the radial nerve has several places where it can get pinched, most commonly it's in the forearm where it passes under the supinator muscle (it starts at the outer part of the elbow and runs diagonally across the forearm).

If you were my patient, and you at 23 (you told me you 23, right)) came to me and an MRI came back with scarring, joint involvement and muscle degeneration, I would immediately be thinking about Systemic Autoimmune diseases.

Did you ever have any injury to the arm? Do you have the pain on both sides? Where is the pain? Where do you feel the weakness? Is it easier to hold something with your palms facing up or down? Do you have numbness in the back of your hand? Numbness in the front? Tingling? **** like that?

Remember, I'm just a motherfucking guy on the internet. But I would like to hear about that ****.

Is your doctor an orthopaedist?

Also, if you feel like your doctor is bullshitting, talk to an orthopaedic surgeon. A ************ who knows what going on can save you time, money and life.

Also, any general symptoms? **** like fever, night sweats, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath. Feeling like you had a flu but weren't coughing or having a runny nose? **** like that?

I'm just a motherfucking dude, but that **** would interest me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    5/24/2012 12:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    scenar works OK. for that kind of stuff. got it done for my broken neck nerve thingy.
    http://www.scenartherapies.com/order...FUKDpAod9DL-4g

Same with acupuncture heat packs and ice treatment.

The worst is will do is nothing.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    5/24/2012 4:02am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it is an autoimmune thing like my friend have, you will have it symmetrically (usually) and in other places like your knees and ankles. But, if it is still inflamed (probably is) steroids should reduce the swelling and relive the pain. If you do go with surgery, you should go to a surgeon with allot of experience with this kind of crap, cutting so close to nerves and manipulating them is tricky, but they do work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2012 11:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Typically it's not called Radial Tunnel Syndrome, but more commonly Radial Nerve Entrapment (but who gives a **** what it's called. It still can be pretty fucked up). Any peripheral nerve can get trapped anywhere, but the radial nerve has several places where it can get pinched, most commonly it's in the forearm where it passes under the supinator muscle (it starts at the outer part of the elbow and runs diagonally across the forearm).

If you were my patient, and you at 23 (you told me you 23, right)) came to me and an MRI came back with scarring, joint involvement and muscle degeneration, I would immediately be thinking about Systemic Autoimmune diseases.

Did you ever have any injury to the arm? Do you have the pain on both sides? Where is the pain? Where do you feel the weakness? Is it easier to hold something with your palms facing up or down? Do you have numbness in the back of your hand? Numbness in the front? Tingling? **** like that?

Remember, I'm just a motherfucking guy on the internet. But I would like to hear about that ****.

Is your doctor an orthopaedist?

Also, if you feel like your doctor is bullshitting, talk to an orthopaedic surgeon. A ************ who knows what going on can save you time, money and life.

Also, any general symptoms? **** like fever, night sweats, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath. Feeling like you had a flu but weren't coughing or having a runny nose? **** like that?

I'm just a motherfucking dude, but that **** would interest me.
    Doctor is an orthopedic surgeron. Did a great job on a procedure I had to get called an ulnar shortening, way better than the doctor I was seeing before who did a wrist arthroscopy on me but neglected to tell me that it wouldn't work anyway since I had a positive ulnar variance >:o

Pain is in the forearm muscle and in the elbow, usually on the top, where the tendon is. Although it's worse in the muscle. No tingling or numbness, although the pain is exactly the same on the left side (but that's likely due to switching the mouse to my left hand all those years ago when the problems started).

@gregaquaman

Woah that stuff is expensive!

@erezb

I've gotten a cortisone shot into the muscle before and it did nothing. No pain in any other joints besides my left wrist but that's due to torn cartilage.