232314 Bullies, 3857 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    5/28/2012 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ouch, I knew I predicted Big Country over Herman but daaaaaaaaaaamn! Didn't want to see him get wasted like that. Despite the Jiu-Jitsu comments, he seems like a pretty ecentric (in a good way) character. Hopefully, the UFC brings him back.

Yeah, I almost pissed myself the way Cain went after Silva. It was almost like he was trying to offer a blood sacrifice to some Aztec god of death...

Good one for Hardy. Never been a fan since I've always considered his punching power to be more hype than UFC reality. That said, on that night, he proved me wrong. That said, he should count his blessings that he's English and popular over there. Especially after 4 straight loses.

While watching the start of the Barboza and Varner my friend said that Barboza was going to murder Varner. I agreed but noted that Varner has bricks in his hands and if he lands flush, it might be a different fight. About a minute later...there it was.

Struve is the man in my book. All these other fights making these "gentleman" agreements to not go to the ground or to "fight like a man" and all this other BS. He said that its a fight and he's there to win it, however he needs to win it.

Also, his and Paul Sass'(whoot, whoot, another one for "Sassangle") fight shows the importance of having the Guard pull and using it effectively just like any other MMA tool. I wonder if the JDS vs Mir outcome would have been different if Mir would have done it more (he did it once but it appeared to be half-hearted).

Posted On:
    5/28/2012 1:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, having had a glimpse of Bigfoot shredding Fedor (what???!) I then saw Cain pulverise Bigfoot. What did I learn? That they can all beat each other.

Great card.

Struve looked good - and quick - and correctly released at the vital moment. Good sportsmanship.

Herman. Wow. He's got power and accuracy. Tank must be his Trainer.

Pleased Hardy got back in the chair.

:)

Posted On:
    5/28/2012 2:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    I think JDS, Velasquez, Overeem and possibly Cormier are all on a different level to the rest of the division.
    Cormier, I think, is quite possibly the biggest threat in the div. right now, with Overeem out.

There's a rumor Brock might come back. He looks like Max Headroom on TRT, but Brock/Cormier would be a fight, I'd give a body part to see.

I think what's left of Mir, should fight what's left of Bigfoot. Cain/JDS II would be EPIC.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 5/28/2012 2:23pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2012 6:21pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cormier said he would drop down to light heavy weight before he tried to fight Cain, so I'm sure that's what he is going to do when he goes into the ufc

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/28/2012 7:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lesnar has to know he can't be more than a freak show at this point. His response to strikes is terrible and everyone knows it now. He's never going to fix that. He might be willing to get his ass beat a few more times for a payday but I'd be surprised if he could win more than a third of his fights. Regardless, I'd like to see him back because I like watching him get tooled.

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 6:37am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Cormier, I think, is quite possibly the biggest threat in the div. right now, with Overeem out.
    You might be right. He's extremely explosive with good boxing skills and is an elite level wrestler.

It's funny the division is kind of crazy in terms of stylistic match ups. I think Overeem would be a bad fight for JDS but I also think Velasquez and Cormier would be bad matchups for Overeem.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 10:38am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Had to laugh at Big Country hopping up on the top of the cage and rubbing his belly. Funny!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 1:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTedBear View Post
    Had to laugh at Big Country hopping up on the top of the cage and rubbing his belly. Funny!
    Like most wives, mine isn't very interested in fighting but she does watch occasionally. She watched this fight and she had never seen Roy Nelson before. When he walked out she looked at me and said, "Seriously?"

Registered Member

Stockholm, Sweden (just south of the Polar Bears)

Posted On:
    6/02/2012 11:51am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel like Silva simply was hit by a horrible case of bad luck.

I was looking forward to that fight, and now...well...I just think it would have been a more entertaining fight if one of the fighters wasn't blind from the get go
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123