Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 11:46pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is kicking in a street fight really effective?

One of my friends continues to tell me that kicking in any sort of street fight is ineffective in general, whether it be a low kick or high kick. He says that punches and grappling are the way to go. Does anyone here agree?

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 11:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your friend is a fucking idiot, and you should use the search function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 12:35am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinlolwut View Post
    Does anyone here agree?
    Not at all! Somebody might though, keep trying.

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 1:25am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My suggestion is to go down to your local dive bar and get in a fight. Make sure the fight takes place out on the street otherwise it isn't a legit streetfight, you can go about this by asking them to relocate to the street before you begin the fight. Do so in a gentlemanly tone, "sir, I request we adjourn from this establishment in order to proceed escalating this verbal confrontation to a physical altercation". That way people will be less likely to call the cops because they'll want to see a pretentious twat get beat down.

If you do not have a local dive, maybe you live in a nice area, then my suggestion would be to find one in your vicinity. As is probable judging by your OP and posting history, you might be living a very sheltered existence, so your "vicinity" means somewhere outside of your gated community, possibly downtown, near some "ghettos", just not quite in the ghetto, cause your bitch arse is likely to be shot.

Once outside, limber up. There's no use in pulling a hammy in a streetfight, that ****'ll getcha killed, brah. Yes, I pulled this rule from Zombieland, great movie that it is, there's this one scene where Woody is saying something and then he says this other thing that is totally humourous in context. I laughed for a full three seconds, it was that funny. Now, once limber, stare down your target areas, first look him dead in the chest, use your peripheral to scope his head and shoulders. Next, lower your eyes to the crotch and use your peripheral to scope the target area on the thighs. This maintains a security that he won't jump you while you aren't ready.

IMPORTANT: at this point in time, without moving your eyes from that position, smile knowingly, like you are certain that you are going to win this altercation. It is best practice to lick your lips and drool as well, due to the subtle signal it sends your opponent that you are in fact not of sound mind. This creates a psychological deterrent that works in your favour.

Do your best to try out a headkick first. Close the range as much as you by running toward him, using both hands to protect your testicles, screaming, "I'VE GOT A LOVELY BUNCH OF COCONUTS!!!" Pronounce lovely as "lover-ly", like in the song, but do not use melody at all. Once the range is closed, perform a flying sidekick using your running momentum, which is the most effective kick in the world at all time. If by some form of miracle he survives, land awkwardly and declare, "the air is sweet with revenge, but a dish best served cold is dirt", which, psychologically speaking, will confound your opponent for a brief moment. This will allow you to attack his thighs.

Seeing as you do Tae Kwon Do, hurricane kick your way over to him and unleash the awesome slap of your foot against the flesh of his outer thigh. At this point he should crumble in pain, whereby you are victorious.

If this plan doesn't work, I suggest finding new friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 2:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And just how many street fights has your friend been in to acquire this widom?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 7:26am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Once the range is closed, perform a flying sidekick using your running momentum, which is the most effective kick in the world at all time.
    I took Chuck Norris Karate when I was a kid. The first day they taught the Flying Sidekick! We spent the whole day doing them! Ah, to be a kid again!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 10:23pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No your friend is wrong and if kicking is not for fighting then why is it taught in fighting styles?

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 10:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once outside, limber up. There's no use in pulling a hammy in a streetfight, that ****'ll getcha killed, brah. Yes, I pulled this rule from Zombieland, great movie that it is, there's this one scene where Woody is saying something and then he says this other thing that is totally humourous in context.
    Jesse Eisenberg: I always limber up.
    Woody Harrelson: You ever see a lion limber up before killing a gazelle?
    Jesse Eisenberg: Good point

Fucking awesome movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    5/20/2012 7:27am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Jesse Eisenberg: I always limber up.
    Woody Harrelson: You ever see a lion limber up before killing a gazelle?
    Jesse Eisenberg: Good point

Fucking awesome movie.
    First, great movie, second i actually saw lions limber before a hunt though....(on TV)

Posted On:
    5/20/2012 7:29am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My suggestion is to go down to your local dive bar and get in a fight. Make sure the fight takes place out on the street otherwise it isn't a legit streetfight, you can go about this by asking them to relocate to the street before you begin the fight. Do so in a gentlemanly tone, "sir, I request we adjourn from this establishment in order to proceed escalating this verbal confrontation to a physical altercation". That way people will be less likely to call the cops because they'll want to see a pretentious twat get beat down.

If you do not have a local dive, maybe you live in a nice area, then my suggestion would be to find one in your vicinity. As is probable judging by your OP and posting history, you might be living a very sheltered existence, so your "vicinity" means somewhere outside of your gated community, possibly downtown, near some "ghettos", just not quite in the ghetto, cause your bitch arse is likely to be shot.

Once outside, limber up. There's no use in pulling a hammy in a streetfight, that ****'ll getcha killed, brah. Yes, I pulled this rule from Zombieland, great movie that it is, there's this one scene where Woody is saying something and then he says this other thing that is totally humourous in context. I laughed for a full three seconds, it was that funny. Now, once limber, stare down your target areas, first look him dead in the chest, use your peripheral to scope his head and shoulders. Next, lower your eyes to the crotch and use your peripheral to scope the target area on the thighs. This maintains a security that he won't jump you while you aren't ready.

IMPORTANT: at this point in time, without moving your eyes from that position, smile knowingly, like you are certain that you are going to win this altercation. It is best practice to lick your lips and drool as well, due to the subtle signal it sends your opponent that you are in fact not of sound mind. This creates a psychological deterrent that works in your favour.

Do your best to try out a headkick first. Close the range as much as you by running toward him, using both hands to protect your testicles, screaming, "I'VE GOT A LOVELY BUNCH OF COCONUTS!!!" Pronounce lovely as "lover-ly", like in the song, but do not use melody at all. Once the range is closed, perform a flying sidekick using your running momentum, which is the most effective kick in the world at all time. If by some form of miracle he survives, land awkwardly and declare, "the air is sweet with revenge, but a dish best served cold is dirt", which, psychologically speaking, will confound your opponent for a brief moment. This will allow you to attack his thighs.

Seeing as you do Tae Kwon Do, hurricane kick your way over to him and unleash the awesome slap of your foot against the flesh of his outer thigh. At this point he should crumble in pain, whereby you are victorious.

If this plan doesn't work, I suggest finding new friends.
    Chapeau!!! Dude, what do you do for a living? if it is not writing comedy than is is a sad world. "protecting your testicles...LOL"
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast