Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2012 12:54pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_cage View Post
    If thats true .. . i would SOOO take a week out of a vacation to get berated and toughened like that>
    I have a sign on the wall that says "No extra charge for the verbal abuse".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2012 1:04pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    . . . SEE! I KNEW there was a catch- no charge for the initial abuse> but I bet there is a sur-charge for every sarcastic hug or ironic violin playing to make them feel better!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2012 11:23pm

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NECRO!

i thought everyone had at least one coach like this dude at some point.

c'mon guys. it's all in good fun. and as stated, i'd bet money he only does it because the guys know he's just fucking with them. while at the same time, he may also be honest about the skill level, if it is what it is. some coaches will not sugarcoat that, much less this guy.

most of my coaches are like this with me and a few other guys. but they look at me more as part of the gym staff than just a random student, because i've been around for a long time, and got real involved with helping the place grow. my coaches mess with me as if they were one of those friends you have that likes to play pranks on you. whenever they say **** like that, i'm the first to bust out laughing. now, my coach NEVER would harass a normal customer. at all. hell, i'd be expected to say something to my head coach if i ever saw anything like that.

i guess it could also be a tool in a way. my coaches verbally abuse you, and they add that physical component, like making me do burpee-pullups as 'rest' between rolling, all while laughing at my slow death and noises made during. rag on the older students and treat the new ones softly. they'll feel it's expected of them to toughen up, maybe?
    Last edited by ronaldk; 6/05/2012 11:56pm at .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234