• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 7:21pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Are we killing ourselves with this or not?

So reading a couple of things I found this and sincerely I dont know if is yet another internet scare or a real thing
    (I know is not good for your health and I wont do it no more but it is truly that deadly?)

Is a small bone that could cause damage to your arteries when you hold your cellphone with your shoulder

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/512912.stm

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...al-738062.html

I'm recurring to you bullies because you seem more critical and more logic than most of the internet

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 8:36pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should not be cradling any way because of ergonomics. Good habit to break if you can regardless of article. As far as the article goes not much info on how common this is nor how serious the mini stroke is. Even using the word stroke might be misleading.

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 8:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    You should not be cradling any way because of ergonomics. Good habit to break if you can regardless of article. As far as the article goes not much info on how common this is nor how serious the mini stroke is. Even using the word stroke might be misleading.
    What do you mean with craddling? like being hunched and such?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 8:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holding the phone with your shoulders and face. You know with your neck in an awkward position.

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 9:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Holding the phone with your shoulders and face. You know with your neck in an awkward position.
    Thanks for explainning it to me!

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 9:25pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a medical professional that dosen't really have much knowledge pertaining to the article I can safely say it's mostly bullshit. Personally, I respect the BBC more than almost any other American news agency. But the in the article the guy had freakishly long styloid processes. The styloid process is a pointy bone that protrudes from the mastoid region of the skull which is located behind the ear. If you feel your skull behind the mid ear area between the ear lobe and the canal (earhole)you can feel a little knobby bump toward the back of your skull this is the mastoid region. The styloid process is underneath this mastoid area.

If there was really a risk of sandwiching the phone between your ear and shoulder there would be office secretaries and call center employees dropping like flies. If you have some kind of freakish predisposition and long styloid process maybe you are at risk for a mini stroke but seriously? The BBC must have been hard up for news to issue this kind of health warning.

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 9:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jspeedy thanks for the answer that was what I looked for

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 10:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    As a medical professional that dosen't really have much knowledge pertaining to the article I can safely say it's mostly bullshit.
    Oooh oooh oooh. What you do for a living son? What kind of medical profession.

I would also agree that the article is motherfucking garbage. The cause of his carotid dissection was an unusually long styloid process, not cradling a motherfucking phone.

By the logic used in this article, if a ************ with a genetic predisposition to ischaemic events like watershed infarcts/strokes or whatever, gets a stroke because he overdoes it with exercise, then exercise is the cause of stroke and motherfuckers should be careful how the exercise.

The article does not hold water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.