221307 Bullies, 3958 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Your Eurogeddon prediction

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greece will leave the Euro by 2013/14

    22 40.74%
  • The Euro will survive and Greece will stay

    10 18.52%
  • There will be a split into a Northern Euro and Southern Euro

    3 5.56%
  • The Euro will collapse totally

    4 7.41%
  • I want my country to leave the Euro

    3 5.56%
  • I want my country to join the Euro

    0 0%
  • I want my country to leave the Euro and the EU

    6 11.11%
  • I want my country to join the Euro and the EU

    1 1.85%
  • Germany is the problem, it should leave the Euro

    4 7.41%
  • $$$$$ USA! USA! USA! $$$$$

    14 25.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 201 to 210 of 227
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 2223 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,678

    Posted On:
    11/17/2012 2:24pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by St_Max_Faustus View Post
    Errr the Bosanova & Kosova conflicts were to do with the melt down of Yugoslavia. To attempt to blame that on European pollicy is pretty desperate (well actually its really fucking insane).
    Line 1, Page 1 of the Euroloon playbook - the Strawman.

    You know, I know and you know that I know that you have no actual arguments in favour of the EU, because there are none.

    So instead you have to make up arguments I never made and attack them as a distraction from your own inability to defend the indefensible.

    Stick to ranting about 'Tory cuts' under articles in Komment Macht Frei, that's more your speed.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Blaming European Union for the Yugoslavia is not fair, but it certainly was a test of Europe's collective governing. They did not do well onthe test. Of course the original government of the United States was quickly tested and reworked. The current government system was severely tested during the US civil war. Finally, it took a long time to get a system that did not systematically exclude classes of people. The greatness of the founding fathers I think is based on how many people wanted into the system as opposed to just getting away from it.

    Having said all this a new system will always need adaptations, with the economic crisis the EU will probably need extensive modification; that is not a condemnation of the concept of the EU.
    Except if you were going to frame the EU argument around the example of America, the EU wouldn't be the revolutionary United States. The EU would be the British Empire and the Americans would be the Greeks or some other country.
  2. St_Max_Faustus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16

    Posted On:
    11/17/2012 3:43pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Line 1, Page 1 of the Euroloon playbook - the Strawman.

    You know, I know and you know that I know that you have no actual arguments in favour of the EU, because there are none.

    So instead you have to make up arguments I never made and attack them as a distraction from your own inability to defend the indefensible.

    Stick to ranting about 'Tory cuts' under articles in Komment Macht Frei, that's more your speed.
    How bonkers are you?

    First you said that Europeans are against each other more than ever before. Conveniently forgetting about the last 1000 years of European wars.

    Then claim that Bosanova & Kosova were the fault of Europe!

    And then say I'm creating strawmen!

    Crackers!
  3. DCS is offline
    DCS's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,037

    Posted On:
    11/18/2012 7:31am

    Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzis View Post
    Spaniard here.
    Spaniard here too.

    One of the reasons we are not burning government buildings is because of the submerged economy.
    The main reason is we are a bunch of pussies for the ghosts of civil war are still around. People still prefers to be economically raped than assasinated and their corpse thrown in the roadside.
  4. DCS is offline
    DCS's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,037

    Posted On:
    11/18/2012 7:36am

    Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Except if you were going to frame the EU argument around the example of America, the EU wouldn't be the revolutionary United States. The EU would be the British Empire and the Americans would be the Greeks or some other country.
    You can troll better than that.
  5. Nefron is offline
    Nefron's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    1,590

    Posted On:
    11/18/2012 9:26am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    the eu has only existed since 1993 in which time both the bosnian and kosovan war and associated genocides occurred, in regards to which the eu did precisely **** all and nato was the organisation that stopped the slaughter and the war.
    All hail NATO!
  6. Moenstah is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    728

    Posted On:
    11/18/2012 1:32pm


     Style: 空手 / &#2147

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was the UN's task to act, which it screwed up, to be precise. Oh and my point is proven again: the past week protests in the Frenchspeaking part of Belgium, and in other southern countries against austerity policies enacted by their governments, and what did the north do?

    Exactly; work and earn some money.
  7. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,678

    Posted On:
    11/18/2012 4:08pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by St_Max_Faustus View Post
    How bonkers are you?
    Not quite bonkers enough to claim that something that has only existed since 1993 was able to stop wars happening since 1945, clearly.

    Also not quite bonkers enough to fail to see that imposing an authoritarian technocratic government on people from above and inflicting sadistic economic warfare on them purely to keep an insane political project alive could well lead to war.

    You don't have to be sane enough to read a Polly Toynbee article without bleeding from the ears to be able to recognise those two basic facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzis View Post
    Spaniard here.
    Or you could leave the Euro bring back the peseta and devalue your way back to economic competitiveness.

    Probably have to break up all those regional banks as well and let alot of regional governments go bankrupt.

    First and foremost though, you need to leave the Euro, because right now it's killing you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    All hail NATO!
    Guess you have a different perspective if you were the one being bombed. Though I suspect the Kosovans would have another perspective, yet again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    It was the UN's task to act,
    The UN doesn't act it just talks. Europhiles constantly say the EU stops war and is solely responsible for there not being a war since 1945. Yet since it's inception it's only had one major challenge Kosovo, which it profoundly flunked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    Oh and my point is proven again: the past week protests in the Frenchspeaking part of Belgium, and in other southern countries against austerity policies enacted by their governments, and what did the north do?

    Exactly; work and earn some money.
    If only you had your own currencies and could run your economies how you wanted to in your own countries. You might not have to work to bail out your feckless neighbours, they would be responsible for themselves you for yourselves. It's quite the idea, no?
  8. St_Max_Faustus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16

    Posted On:
    11/18/2012 4:19pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Not quite bonkers enough to claim that something that has only existed since 1993 was able to stop wars happening since 1945, clearly.

    Also not quite bonkers enough to fail to see that imposing an authoritarian technocratic government on people from above and inflicting sadistic economic warfare on them purely to keep an insane political project alive could well lead to war.

    You don't have to be sane enough to read a Polly Toynbee article without bleeding from the ears to be able to recognise those two basic facts.
    Just because you're mental doesnt mean I read The Guardian.


    Guess you have a different perspective if you were the one being bombed. Though I suspect the Kosovans would have another perspective, yet again I'm coming across as nuts


    The UN doesn't act it just talks. Europhiles constantly say the EU stops war and is solely responsible for there not being a war since 1945. Yet since it's inception it's only had one major challenge Kosovo, which it profoundly flunked.
    Your piss poor attempt to show that Europe hasnt had an unpresidented period of peace, is making you look like a drooling idiot.

    In the future can I suggest that instead of reading The Dail Mail you just cut to the chase and wipe your arse with it.
  9. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,678

    Posted On:
    11/18/2012 4:47pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by St_Max_Faustus View Post
    In the future can I suggest that instead of reading The Dail Mail you just cut to the chase and wipe your arse with it.
    Why is it Guardian readers hate the Daily Mail? Is it because you can't stand pluralism of opinion? Or just because you resent that the paper that working people you claim to identify with choose to read, is so antithetical to your own Stalinist beliefs?

    By the way, which was right about the Euro the Daily Mail or the Guardian? Answers on a postcard.
  10. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,678

    Posted On:
    11/18/2012 4:55pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way Europeans, currently the UK is the only country arguing that the EU should be making the kind of budget cuts the EU is asking you to make at home and we're being fought tooth and nail by the EU and your leaders.

    If that doesn't make you froth with rage not only at your politicians, but also at the EU technocratic elite, then there's no hope for you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.