Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 4:47pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pacquiao is a beloved Filipino icon, and the Philippines is uberCatholic, so its not surprising to hear him throw around bible quotes. If I were him being asked about my opinion of Obama giving gays the thumbs up, I'd probably go with "I'm a professional boxer and my job is to train and punch others as hard as I can, not talk politics."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 8:24pm

Style: Judo-Brown

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah that... And being a politician...

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 8:36pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    "I'm a professional boxer and my job is to train and punch others as hard as I can, not talk "AMERICAN" politics."
    Fixed

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...988640,00.html

But on Monday, May 10,(2010) Pacquiao won a seat in his country's Congress — and won it by a landslide.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...#ixzz1v5RFJ7zs
    Yes, his other job is politics.

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 10:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing enthusiast

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's some more information on espn.com:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...n-gay-marriage

I like how they shoehorned in a mention of Mayweather's beliefs of gay marriage right at the end, as if Mayweather is the yang to Paquiao's yin.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 10:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by otherbarry View Post
    Here's some more information on espn.com:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...n-gay-marriage

I like how they shoehorned in a mention of Mayweather's beliefs of gay marriage right at the end, as if Mayweather is the yang to Paquiao's yin.
    Thanks for getting up an article from a credible source bro, good ****. As for the motherfuckers at the examiner, good mercy those motherfuckers like to spin the propaganda wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN article
    The examiner.com story contained a Bible passage from Leviticus calling for the death of "a man (who) lies with a man," and Pacquiao said many readers erroneously believed he had quoted that verse.
    He said he had not, and the writer later clarified in a follow-up post that he had included the verse himself.
    "My favorite verse in the Bible is 'Love one another,' and 'Love your neighbor as you love yourself,' " Pacquiao said. "It's in the Bible: Do not judge. I'm not judging."
    Pacquiao was banned from a popular Hollywood shopping mall after the article was publicized Tuesday, and an online petition encouraging sponsor Nike to drop Pacquiao received 4,868 signatures before it was suspended Wednesday morning. The petition site, change.org, posted a note saying that the author of the original article had clarified that Pacquiao didn't cite the Bible passage.

So Pac did not quote Leviticus as I was led to belive. Let's sue those motherfuckers.

Also, what the **** is wrong with Mayweather? He's to chicken to fight the man, but he has to weigh in via twitter? That move is more ***** than 8 vaginas laying side by side.

And what is up with that fucking reaction from the sponsors and the public in general. Fucking hell. Motherfuckers really went with the pickaxe and flamethrower and ****.

When I get famous, I'm keeping my mouth shut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 11:59pm

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As always, the super pro-gay people are eager to keep the liberal bias in the media, portraying anyone that's even ever so slightly conservative as some sort of rampaging lunatic KKK member.

I heard this story only moments after it was posted, as one of the pages on my Facebook links to things concerning homosexuality in the news. I didn't believe Pacquiao quoted that verse in Leviticus for a second, because not everybody is an idiot when it comes to reading/quoting the Bible.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 2:29am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that men aren't allowed to marry one another is just another part of the radical left wing Feminazi plan to oppress and control men and keep them emasculated. By preventing men from marrying and having sex with one another, the feminists are forcing us to marry WOMEN, and thus put them in complete control of OUR sex lives. Heterosexuality and straight marriage are the primary tools that the misandristic feminist movement are using to advance their agenda. Women have been using straight sex to control men for millennia, and quotes like the one from leviticus show just how far back the Feminazi conspiracy goes.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 11:35am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    The fact that men aren't allowed to marry one another is just another part of the radical left wing Feminazi plan to oppress and control men and keep them emasculated. By preventing men from marrying and having sex with one another, the feminists are forcing us to marry WOMEN, and thus put them in complete control of OUR sex lives. Heterosexuality and straight marriage are the primary tools that the misandristic feminist movement are using to advance their agenda. Women have been using straight sex to control men for millennia, and quotes like the one from leviticus show just how far back the Feminazi conspiracy goes.
    Hahahaha. Awesome!

Living in LA I get trapped by model/actress feminazi's all the time. The things they force me to do to them... it's heart breaking, really.

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 3:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    The fact that men aren't allowed to marry one another is just another part of the radical left wing Feminazi plan to oppress and control men and keep them emasculated.
    Bullshido tells me to do some push-ups because of my crush. In honor of this, I'll make them cock push-ups.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 3:28pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually weighed in on this pretty extensively today:

http://www.thefightnerd.com/why-mann...-in-two-weeks/

So did Kevin Iole and Brent Brookhouse. The gist of it is as follows:

Iole: None of this will effect Pacquiao in the ring, by the way the devout Catholic is a known womanizer and gambler.

Brookhouse: The fact that credible news sources ran with an indecipherable examiner article is total bullshit.

Myself: Pacquiao's image is bulletproof and his biggest supporters are largely anti-gay marriage. No one will remember this in two weeks.

The only real issue that came about with this whole thing is that Nike is a very LGBT-friendly company that probably isn't thrilled that their sponsored athlete is a die-hard conservative whose politics are informed by his religion. They won't drop him by any means but they are going to hope everyone forgets that detail.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast