Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 3:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Manny Pacquiao Speaks on Gays, Gets into Trouble

Didn't know whether this should be in YMAS or MA in the news or whatever, but I figure somebody will move it or something.
    Anywhoo, Manny Pacquiao says some ****, motherfuckers accuse him of starting a gay witch hunt:

http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/..._to_death.html

Goddammit. **** is ignorant around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 3:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The important thing to remember is that examiner.com is a content mill. The "writers" on it get their beats basically by raising their hands and saying, "Me! Me!" and can publish any gibberish they like afterward. The original source for the Pacquiao interview is from examiner.com and is barely readable.

It's no surprise that a religious person is against gay marriage, but the examiner.com writer is so incompetent it's hard to figure out what Pacquiao actually said.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 3:52pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Riv, goddammit, ************, I thought what Pac said was in the article.

Yup, here it is

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Pacquiao went on to say:
    God only expects man and woman to be together and to be legally married, only if they so are in love with each other. It should not be of the same sex so as to adulterate the altar of matrimony, like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah of Old.

Pacquiao had previously quoted Leviticus, which to me as a former bible study person is kind of strange. I kind of just thought of Leviticus as a historical reference of how bad **** used to be in those days. Motherfucckers couldn't even eat pork.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus
    If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
    Pacquiao quotes Leviticus, gives his views and then motherfuckers get out the torch, pickaxe and chainsaw.
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 3:59pm

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree it's a little over the top, but here's the thing, you're free to have opinions in this country and people are free to hate you for them.

That's the way freedom works.

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 4:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Riv, goddammit, ************, I thought what Pac said was in the article.

Yup, here it is

Pacquiao had previously quoted Leviticus, which to me as a former bible study person is kind of strange. I kind of just thought of Leviticus as a historical reference of how bad **** used to be in those days. Motherfucckers couldn't even eat pork.

Pacquiao quotes Leviticus, gives his views and then motherfuckers get out the torch, pickaxe and chainsaw.[/INDENT]
    There is nothing gayer than Rick Santorum in a sweater vest. That was all that Leviticus was talkin' about. I just hate it when the old testamenters gets all quotey and ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 4:06pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just gonna leave this here:

On hiatus

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 4:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's the problem, they aren't married so... A okay.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 4:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Pacquiao quotes Leviticus, gives his views and then motherfuckers get out the torch, pickaxe and chainsaw.
    Here's the relevant bit from the examiner.com article:

Pacquiao's directive for Obama calls societies to fear God and not to promote sin, inclusive of same-sex marriage and cohabitation, notwithstanding what Leviticus 20:13 has been pointing all along: “If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”

It's not at all clear to me that Pacquiao is quoting Leviticus here. Of course, the passage doesn't make sense—why would a warning against promoting legal gay marriage be "notwithstanding" (i.e., in spite of) Leviticus? I'm also confused as to whom Pacquiao's directive is for—Obama, or "societies" in general. Did Pacquiao even mention Obama at all then? Remember, examiner.com is basically just a series of themed blogs; there's no editor turning nonsense into sense.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 4:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are correct. Once again, I have been undone by relying on terrible fucking journalism. Mission to find out what the **** Pac really said is underway. Still though, theoretically, if you were a bad ************ making lots of money like that ****, would you open your mouth to talk about homosexuals? Can't see that **** going well.

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 4:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eh, unless Pac really did suggest that gays be put to death, he's giving out a bog-standard religious argument against gay marriage—one that Obama held for several years, until last week. Plus, Pac has his own constituency back home to think about. Obviously, I'd prefer that Pac be in favor of gay marriage, but I doubt this would hurt him overmuch unless he really was claiming that Old Testament law be put into effect.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast