Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Style
    Boxing, Judo, Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    i am no expert on knife fighting, (i know how to shoot though), so i might be wrong on the knife fighting part, to me it seemed a bit over chorugraphed maybe but actually not bad.
    How does a good knife fight looks like??? like fencing?
    An FMA guy described a knife fight between two trained fighters in this manner: "One dies at the scene; the other, on the way to the hospital."

Basically, real knife fights are over quickly, and there is a lot of blood and carnage.

Also, I was taught that the blade down was a defensive stance. Not something you would take when your opponent also has a knife (you would want to be offensive). Again, there are FMA guys on this board that know way more than I do, but those are the things I see that are "wrong" with the fight.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    i am no expert on knife fighting, (i know how to shoot though), so i might be wrong on the knife fighting part, to me it seemed a bit over chorugraphed maybe but actually not bad.
    How does a good knife fight looks like??? like fencing?
    Well, the main things that stand out as awful are:
    -ice pick grips and karate stances
    -the ching-ching of knives bouncing off each other (this is the telltale sign of someone who hasn't thought about the subject for a few seconds). In reality, contact is made arm to arm or blade to arm.
    -they're flailing back and forth at each other without actually intercepting each other's arms

As far as good knife fighting, this is the best choreographed movie knife fight I've ever seen:

this one's from the over-the-top movie Ninja Assassin, but its actually a very good fight scene:

this one's pretty good too:

This is a favorite of mine:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going by what he's put on film by way of his aikido, the odds seem set against it.

Slow, telegraphed, mostly scripted attacks - countered using fairly situationally specific movements. His defence works but, under those conditions, what wouldn't? Slamming people with that sort of attack around doesn't prove anything, other than what an enormous arse you are. You could equally push them away and tell them to stop being silly.

He'd probably beat most people in a fight. If by no greater virtue than that he's a big fella. But that's not exactly a high standard to rise to.

Style
    Aikido / FMA / Krotty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    after his first few films, I was impressed, and disappointed with the subsequent output.

He made a niche for himself and then left it empty.

I realised last night that more recently someone filled that gap, and is doing a much better job of playing those roles...

Mark whalberg.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Style
    BJJ and being beaten up
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    So that's about on par with what, a yellow belt in karate?
    it's more like he's an intermediate dancer in the zumba craze that might still be going around.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234