223959 Bullies, 4105 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 80 of 375
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. johnny_cage is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    218

    Posted On:
    5/28/2012 6:10pm


     Style: Jujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah- i assumed single or double because your fighting someone with a torso and legs . . . and your last name isnt rousey nor are you a high ranked black belt> so i assumed those- because i would have laughed if you suggested you have a game plan of doing a 5-pt toss or shoulder throw.

    I assumed that your school DOES do striking- but i disregard it as irrelevant. By your own admission you would not win/compete in a kickboxing match- so HOW can your schools 'striking' be BY ITSELF good enough to use in mma?(you know- the sport with KICKBOXING.)

    (if you TRULY believe your schools striking is good enough- i ENCOURAGE you to enter an A-class muay thai fight (elbows knees and trips and clinching) . . . and try to use what your school taught you about striking.)
    >warning- may cause food-drinking-through-straw'age.
  2. gregaquaman is offline
    gregaquaman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,502

    Posted On:
    5/28/2012 6:19pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    Sorry I missed you guys post. These past few days have been hectic.
    I will just say this... I think you are mistaking me for a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner.
    There is striking at my school, it's just that our philosophy and mind set isn't to stand and bang with you. The striking is used to open up our opponent and we also learn to defend against strikes. I don't know if you missed me saying this, but one of the guys in my dojo is 6'5 260lbs and hes a previous golden gloves boxer. I have been working against him. I've been doing very good at getting comfortable at getting through the strikes. And he actually trains with me and knows how I fight. Btw for the record I rarely go for a double leg or single leg. Those are pretty much "oh ****" moves for me.
    Ok why dont you go in for the single and double leg? what else do you use?
    ( I mean I know there are other throws but those two are pretty much standards.)

    Are you comfortable with 16 ounce gloves or five ounce ones?
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
  3. Jujutsuka desu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    97

    Posted On:
    5/28/2012 6:20pm


     Style: Akayama Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You are reinforcing all the "stereotypes" associated with TMA like JJJ.

    You know, speaking from ignorance like an authority. Telling people to shut-up who have competed in MMA, kickboxing, judo competitions is quite ignorant. Especially, when your comments are based on a single Judo comp appears quite silly.
    Still, please continue........in YMAS.
    I didn't know competing in MMA, Kickboxing, and Judo competitions gave someone the ability to judge how their breath smells when you are many miles away from them.
    Sorry about that.
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    5/28/2012 6:25pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    I didn't know competing in MMA, Kickboxing, and Judo competitions gave someone the ability to judge how their breath smells when you are many miles away from them.
    Sorry about that.
    I did know that TMAs do create mild reading comprehension failures, condescension and unwarranted arrogance in quite a few students. You have been added to that list.
  5. gregaquaman is offline
    gregaquaman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,502

    Posted On:
    5/28/2012 6:27pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    I didn't know competing in MMA, Kickboxing, and Judo competitions gave someone the ability to judge how their breath smells when you are many miles away from them.
    Sorry about that.
    Because we have all been big fish in a little pond. And MMA sounds like fun untill you have your first fight and then it is either fun because you are set up right for it. Or not fun because you haven't.

    I had a mate who had fifteen minutes of getting his face kneed off. lost on points.(second fight. First fight he was lucky to get a grappler who couldn't compete with his striking skills and knocked the guy out.)
    He still MMAs but he takes the whole thing a bit seriously.
    By the way he said that was not fun. Just for the record
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
  6. cualltaigh is online now
    cualltaigh's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,358

    Posted On:
    5/28/2012 6:27pm


     Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    Why do I need that to Blah Blah Blah?
    The main reason is that if you want to speak from a position of authority, on this website, you need to prove first why people should listen to you. Until you do so people will assume you are merely spouting a baseless opinion (see Bullshidoka Argument #29).

    In the absence of evidence it is easy to make grand claims. I could claim that I regularly spar against an Asia Pacific champion heavyweight kickboxer and routinely hand his arse to him, which sounds all bad ass. But if I posted a video it would be clear that he is in fact more of a middle/welterweight kickboxer who never competed and we are, sadly, quite closely matched despite my size advantage*.

    I do sincerely hope that your JJJ is everything you say and that you do well in your match, just don't spend the prize-money until you've earned it.

    *Edit: And that's even ignoring the fact that it is not a full-contact spar but light-medium contact.
    Last edited by cualltaigh; 5/28/2012 6:41pm at .
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.
  7. Jujutsuka desu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    97

    Posted On:
    5/28/2012 6:34pm


     Style: Akayama Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_cage View Post
    Yeah- i assumed single or double because your fighting someone with a torso and legs . . . and your last name isnt rousey nor are you a high ranked black belt> so i assumed those- because i would have laughed if you suggested you have a game plan of doing a 5-pt toss or shoulder throw.

    I assumed that your school DOES do striking- but i disregard it as irrelevant. By your own admission you would not win/compete in a kickboxing match- so HOW can your schools 'striking' be BY ITSELF good enough to use in mma?(you know- the sport with KICKBOXING.)

    (if you TRULY believe your schools striking is good enough- i ENCOURAGE you to enter an A-class muay thai fight (elbows knees and trips and clinching) . . . and try to use what your school taught you about striking.)
    >warning- may cause food-drinking-through-straw'age.
    If I could not throw a man, then I shouldn't be a blue belt in my school.
    You really make MMA guys seem like they are invincible. I have thrown them before in their visit to our dojo. Or better yet when I make visits to local MMA schools.

    We have a previous man who left our school to continue a career in MMA. I won't be too specific here. So far he has won all his fights. He came to our school to visit. And during last part of class we did our typical spar 5minutes up 5 minutes down(starting in seiza).
    To be short I threw him around like it was nothing because he was basically giving me everything I needed.

    And another example is the two MMA guys that visited our school probably around a year ago. They were telling us how they had a fight that weekend. Well we engaged in some sparring after class. Of course they said to take it easy because they didn't want to get injured. Taking it easy or not... I wasn't even trying in the slightest bit. I could of closed my eyes if I wanted. The guy was struggling and grunting just from my pins.
    This guy went on to win his fight.

    So I don't see why you think it is so hard to joint lock an MMA fighter or Choke them. I actually have done it pretty effortlessly. Which is why my only worry was getting past their strikes. Which after working with the "strikers" in my dojo. I feel pretty confident now. I feel REALLY good about doing this.
  8. Jujutsuka desu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    97

    Posted On:
    5/28/2012 6:35pm


     Style: Akayama Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I did know that TMAs do create mild reading comprehension failures, condescension and unwarranted arrogance in quite a few students. You have been added to that list.
    So you are saying he didn't make a comment about my breath from many miles away?
  9. Jujutsuka desu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    97

    Posted On:
    5/28/2012 6:36pm


     Style: Akayama Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    The main reason is that if you want to speak from a position of authority, on this website, you need to prove first why people should listen to you. Until you do so people will assume you are merely spouting a baseless opinion (see Bullshidoka Argument #29).

    In the absence of evidence it is easy to make grand claims. I could claim that I regularly spar against an Asia Pacific champion heavyweight kickboxer and routinely hand his arse to him, which sounds all bad ass. But if I posted a video it would be clear that he is in fact more of a middle/welterweight kickboxer who never competed and we are, sadly, quite closely matched despite my size advantage.

    I do sincerely hope that your JJJ is everything you say and that you do well in your match, just don't spend the prize-money until you've earned it.
    You are right, I can't prove anything without the video.
    I realize that I am just blowing hot air until you guys can witness me.
  10. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,227

    Posted On:
    5/28/2012 6:38pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Put down the straw...
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.