221981 Bullies, 3973 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 375
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,331

    Posted On:
    5/22/2012 8:35am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds to me like you're being set up to be a real fighter's record booster. Seen it before, a fighter shows a lot of early promise and promoters get guys like you to give them ring experience. Also, guys like you are used to get real fighters out of a slump/losing streak.

    An mma coach with your interests in mind would not put you in the ring after a naga and shiai as your only experience.

    Post your video if you fight, but I would recommend you dick tuck, get mma training and try this again in 6 months to a year.

    Last edited by omoplatypus; 5/22/2012 8:41am at .
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
  2. johnny_cage is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    218

    Posted On:
    5/22/2012 8:49am


     Style: Jujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    Sounds to me like you're being set up to be a real fighter's record booster. Seen it before, a fighter shows a lot of early promise and promoters get guys like you to give them ring experience. Also, guys like you are used to get real fighters out of a slump/losing streak.

    An mma coach with your interests in mind would not put you in the ring after a naga and shiai as your only experience.

    Post your video if you fight, but I would recommend you dick tuck, get mma training and try this again in 6 months to a year.

    My thoughts exactly . . . everytime I watch TUF and someone questions 'how did rob browning [or any of the other non-deserving punch-cans] get ON this show??'

    the answer is some fight trainer convinced a kid with no experience to 'bull rush' him rather than give him 6 months to you know.. . learn striking. What follows is either an easy victory to place HIS fighter on the right path- or a highlight reel win to start pumping for sponsorships.
  3. Jujutsuka desu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    97

    Posted On:
    5/22/2012 8:52pm


     Style: Akayama Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No one convinced me of anything.
    I chose to do it, I want the experience. I want to step up to the plate and put myself and my skills on the line and test them against another martial artist.
  4. The Question is offline
    The Question's Avatar

    Octopussy!

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,592

    Posted On:
    5/22/2012 8:57pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    No one convinced me of anything.
    I chose to do it, I want the experience. I want to step up to the plate and put myself and my skills on the line and test them against another martial artist.
    Then fucking do it.

    Bear in mind, they call it stepping up to the plate because frequently you get eaten. You thought that **** was about baseball? Nah, son.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
  5. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,331

    Posted On:
    5/24/2012 3:56pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to be nice about it....

    You want to try out MMA? Fucking awesome. Go to an MMA club and spar one of their guys who's new to the game.

    Jesus tittuficking christ... every year more and more of you morons spring out of the woodwork and hurt our sport.
    THIS ISNT BASKETBALL! You get skunked on the court, nobody says ****. You get your pearly whites punched through the back of your cranium and "MMA IS TEH DEVUL" is on the 6 o'clock news the next day.

    Get mma training. Get an experienced corner man. Get a fight that is skill appropriate for you. And do it in that order. Otherwise, get the **** out of my sport.

    Last edited by omoplatypus; 5/24/2012 4:00pm at .
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
  6. Jujutsuka desu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    97

    Posted On:
    5/25/2012 5:36pm


     Style: Akayama Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    I tried to be nice about it....

    You want to try out MMA? Fucking awesome. Go to an MMA club and spar one of their guys who's new to the game.

    Jesus tittuficking christ... every year more and more of you morons spring out of the woodwork and hurt our sport.
    THIS ISNT BASKETBALL! You get skunked on the court, nobody says ****. You get your pearly whites punched through the back of your cranium and "MMA IS TEH DEVUL" is on the 6 o'clock news the next day.

    Get mma training. Get an experienced corner man. Get a fight that is skill appropriate for you. And do it in that order. Otherwise, get the **** out of my sport.

    I rather use the training I receive at my school.
    I have an experienced corner man.

    Also I don't think you have the ability to decide for the MMA community.
  7. The_Beak is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    606

    Posted On:
    5/25/2012 6:28pm


     Style: Youtube-do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also I don't think you have the ability to decide for the MMA community.
    Of course he can he has internets.

    He also gave you some damn good advice. You should dicktuck and train at an MMA gym but your not going to listen are you?

    So please just post the video for us.

    Tapatalk
  8. johnny_cage is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    218

    Posted On:
    5/26/2012 3:42pm


     Style: Jujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    I rather use the training I receive at my school.
    I have an experienced corner man.

    Also I don't think you have the ability to decide for the MMA community.
    Yep- just post the vid.

    I was just tryin to make you aware that with your stated level of JJ and zero striking and not terribly pedigreed in grappling . . .. it is not likely at ALL that you will dominate the fight- nor be able to submit. (i would say be aware the average amateur mma guy BY HIS FIRST FIGHT will know = to you in bjj. He will also be competent at striking and takedowns having focussed on them.)

    You arent one of those people that thinks you'd be able to submit someone like Chael Sonnen are you?? Because even the guys that make a carreer-act out of being 'bad at submissions' are FAR above a blue belt level . .. just sayin.

    I would say work on striking till you can survive/compete in a kickboxing match.
    Then add ground and fight dozens of mma guys in several different gyms training.

    I would predict; getting your face/legs smooshed> which forces you to TRY and shoot takedowns> followed by getting more frustrated and repeat.

    Once again> a blue belt + decent muay thai+ decent wrestling+ AMAZING cardio and fitness and training = prepared to START amateur mma.

    A blue belt does not = getting subs like Renzo and BJ Penn. . .. it usually equals getting your face smashed standing- then submitted ANYWAY when you get tired/hurt.

    (ever seen a rear-naked choke in an mma event? its 99% of the time caused by the fighter being too tired and quits and lets the choke in- or he gets hurt and scared and gives up the sub to get out of the fight.)
  9. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,331

    Posted On:
    5/27/2012 1:46am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    I rather use the training I receive at my school.
    I have an experienced corner man.

    Also I don't think you have the ability to decide for the MMA community.
    if you had a corner man who had been in the same room as a combat sportsman's jock strap, you wouldn't be asking this question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    Hello Folks, I am trying to get set up for my first MMA fight. But I'm also curious to what is normally needed. What gear will be required outside of gloves etc. Are there specific shorts or clothing? Or does this all differ with different organizations? I am sure I will be told this information later on, but I am interested to find out now.
    and no, i don't decide anything for the MMA community. i'm not dana white. i'm not even the ruskie mobsters running M1 global. i'm just a guy with years of experience with this sport. you're the penis breathed mouth breather that was asking about what kind of gear to get for an MMA fight.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
  10. johnny_cage is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    218

    Posted On:
    5/27/2012 8:22am


     Style: Jujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just to save a little back and forth . . . from what he says- his cornerman DOES know that equipment stuff . . . but whne he first posted the question he had not had a 1 on 1 with him to find out.

    Of course that just adds more evidence to the 'your getting set up as a tin can to up- someones record' > because i find it INSANE that you would be offered an mma fight after no-more than SPARRING a few guys at your JJ gym. You should have had DOZENS of full intensity and rules matches against people . . . but i get the feeling you believe your blue belt will give you the ability to slip through the stand-up and work to a submission . . . .

    for safety/your ego's sake . .. im not saying train at a different gym- and im not questioning your skills bro (your prob a great JJ'er) im just saying if you cannot fight a stand-up fight without having to dive for a takedown before you get KO'd . . . its NOT GOING TO WORK.
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.