Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2012 8:27pm

Style: Akayama Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    internets ate my post. I asked if you had video of you throwing a guy 6 feet, not just competing in a judo comp.
    No, I really wish I did have video of the entire competition. They didn't fly through the air six feet, they basically just hit the ground and tumbled the rest of the way. Basically I caught him moving backwards and I pushed forward and he lost balanced and stumbled backwards. At three steps we had enough speed for when I jumped in and used "O soto Gari" he flew at the ground and tumbled backwards six feet across the mat lol. But that was actually just one of the things that happened that day that I wish I could have gotten on film.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2012 8:40pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With the whole 'preparedness' thing . . how would you rate your stand-up skills?

As in- if you were to put on gloves and shin guards and enter a muay thai tournament . . . what would you expect to happen? (win?? hold your own? guard your jaw and pay you survive? or would you be taking a nap/icing a jellyfied leg.)

I ask because in mma- with your stated level of JJ experience (not knockin ya'- but by your own admission still on the learning path) I would think it is FAR more likely that the fight will be taken to your weakest area (if you are being out-boxed do not assume you have a guaranteed takedown).

So rather than questioning how GOOD you feel your jujutsuka game is . . . how WEAK is your stand-up/clinch/wrestling? (like- any areas you would fear going to because of inexperience or poor skills?)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2012 9:02pm

Style: Akayama Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_cage View Post
    With the whole 'preparedness' thing . . how would you rate your stand-up skills?

As in- if you were to put on gloves and shin guards and enter a muay thai tournament . . . what would you expect to happen? (win?? hold your own? guard your jaw and pay you survive? or would you be taking a nap/icing a jellyfied leg.)

I ask because in mma- with your stated level of JJ experience (not knockin ya'- but by your own admission still on the learning path) I would think it is FAR more likely that the fight will be taken to your weakest area (if you are being out-boxed do not assume you have a guaranteed takedown).

So rather than questioning how GOOD you feel your jujutsuka game is . . . how WEAK is your stand-up/clinch/wrestling? (like- any areas you would fear going to because of inexperience or poor skills?)
    Well I don't fight Muay Thai very well. So I wouldn't really have a "striking layout." Meaning I might get some strikes in, but I won't be putting together combinations like they most likely would coming from a striking background. Basically my strikes are there to get me in and set up a technique. And if I happen to knock a guy out... well that is icing on the cake.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2012 9:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok- and best of luck to you (sincerely.)

My 0.02$ is that with your level of jj/grappling you would not be reasonably competitive in a MMA fight. It would be VERY easy for someone that trained for an mma fight to know ENOUGH about (the few allowed) submissions to be able to stall all your takedowns/ sub attempts.

Then due to your inexperience striking you will likely begin making riskier and riskier attacks out of frustration/inability to compete with his striking . . . followed by getting caught with bombs- or submitted yourself.

Once again- enthusiasm is cool . . . but my opinion is you will not be skilled enough with you JJ game to dictate where the fight goes- or end the fight on the ground. I would be CERTAIN your opponent knows enough about grappling to not get submitted unless you actually maintained a dominant position long enough to work your advantage on him . .. and i would be VERY CERTAIN that his experience over you in striking is a FAR bigger threat than your experience over him in grappling.

Dont expect to work 'your game'- everyone plays to their strenghts . . if you cannot win a fight on your feet . .. do not assume you will win it on the ground. Plan and train around him keeping you stuck in your absolute worst area- because thats what any smart fighter will do.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/21/2012 10:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck, motherfuck. I would say some **** like 'The cage is like Mordor. And as we all know, One doesn't simply walk in'. Good luck in Mordor, may the Orcs not eat your testicles. And may you win, by luck or motherfucking judgement.

Also, let's hope your opponent is a ****. Like a shite in a bucket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    5/21/2012 11:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think op is being set up as a tomato can.
    You don't even know the ruleset, how can you sleep on it?

Posted On:
    5/22/2012 12:30am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's not get a man down before his bout, ay, guys? Might be a good idea to let him go hammer and tong.

Reminds me of an anecdote in the annals of my MMA reading history about some dude who was ****, but got himself a fight, but there was only a few weeks before the bout, not enough time to teach him anything technical. So the coaches basically just built his ego to the point of being a ravenous beast, they told him he was a savage and would annihilate his opponent, made him believe that the other guy was scared of him and that any attempt to punch him would be met by his awesome power of which no one in the gym wanted to face. This aura of invincibility allowed him to completely destroy his opponent.

That's what I want to do here:

Yeah, bro, go for it, you gon' rip this guy apart, nobody can stand in yo' way, make this dude yo' bitch, make a necklace with the teeth you find on the canvas after pummelling him into a quivering mess of estrogen and faeces, ain't nobody in yo' league, cuz, you a man mountain, a giant, behemoth, you a legit killer, they don't know but they 'bout to, you gon' **** **** up, this dude gon' have babies that have babies that think you their grandpappy, you got mo' skill in that right pinky than he got in his whole body, ya hear, this ain't no joke, you da man, this dude gon' be askin' why he woke up in the year 2020 and the hospital staff is gon' have to break it to him he been in a coma fo' eighteen years, you gon' bring more explosions to his brain than breakfast on D-Day, there's gon' be people in the audience that will have hyperextended elbows from just watching you do an armbar, you's straight up G in a gi, capping motherfuckaz without needing to be strapped, ya heard, hey Jimmy, would you spar this here killer? **** no you wouldn't, cause you scared, Jimmy, you scared, Jimmy our top pro and he scared o' you, unnerstand? You a powerhouse, more strength than a dray horse, more speed than a stallion, more balls than both equines put together, you have Leviathan wishing God never made him, you gon' take the world like Scarface, only the only scars gon' be on HIS face...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/22/2012 12:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn. That quote is fucking awesome. Where did you get that ****?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    5/22/2012 1:09am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, man. It's my pep talk to myself when I look in the mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2012 8:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats a peachy idea . . . but unless your opponent is a tin can that aggression would force to turtle and freak out .. . then attempting that would likely just give your opponent a far easier fight. (stay on feet- avoid bull rush until tired- then win) I dunno- unless you are certain your facing someone FAR less experienced than yourself i would think it more likely that going 100% agro would be WORSE- not better.

Once again- Im not knockin' this guy- its just I think its LUNACY to assume a blue belt in JJ with ZERO striking background or clinch training would allow you to submit him with your specialties. I also find it FAR more likely that he will get stuck in a standup war because he will not have enough angles to slip and tackle- and will not have randy couture/ bj penn skills to take the fight where he wants.

Scenario 1) since he cannot box with him- he get chased around the corners for round 1- round 2 he is frustrated and takes silly far outside takedown-attempts- all stuffed. Until he give up position and falls to his back to stop getting pummeled on his knees . . . followed by tko.

Scenario 2 ) he uses the "raging beast' ego mentality . . . sprints out looking to finish the fight and loses- quickly- by strikes or by submission when he dives through guard trying to work one of his frustrated blue belt subs in a 5 min round against someone who KNOWS those subs and is striking him at will.

scenario 3) his limited JJ allows him to work for a submission. or his grappling keeps him out of striking range and he get a win by decision.

All im sayin bro- Bj penn was the WORLDS best and still couldnt do **** ALL without working on boxing enough to be able to trade and tag. (so do not assume a little JJ and ZERO anything else makes you more prepared.)
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast