Sponsored Links Spacer Image

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 2:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hard not to crush on Scrapper at this point. Everything that needs to be said is right there.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 2:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Hard not to crush on Scrapper at this point. Everything that needs to be said is right there.
    Im not even trying to hide my boner right now.

Hey scrapper, if you feel a warm tugging sensation on your groin, its just me swinging from your nutz.

sent from Pluto to Uranus, using Tapatalk2
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 2:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Double post
    --------

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 2:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Really?

I can name a number of things, that IMO involved self expression, that I never found egotistical.

The act sure, but the want too?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    In order to be egotistical?

Wouldn't the motive behind my rematch be about what other people think of me or how I look in other peoples eyes?

Because I wouldn't care if it was a private match and no one ever knew the results.
    I just want a rematch, because I feel like I didn't get to express myself during that fight.
    One day hopefully you will buy a clue.

Egoistical has nothing to do with whether people know a match took place or not. The only reason you want a rematch is because your ego was bruised, period. You didn't express yourself because you were ill prepared, which was told to you numerous times, and you were too busy LOSING! Remember how you told people they were telling you anything you didn't now and you weren't as clueless as we thought, well you keep proving us right. STFU a bit and listen. Too many people here are way more knowledge, experience, and just plain BETTER than you. Listen more and stop trying to assuage your ego and you might actually learn something.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 3:59pm

Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So "jaw crank" is the new "eargrind?"
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 4:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As soon as my collarbone heals, I'm going to work on a jaw grinding ear crank. Then I'll be able to beat up gezere (assuming I get to go twice)

sent from Pluto to Uranus, using Tapatalk2
    --------

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 4:09pm

Style: GJJ, MT, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad you had fun. Too bad you are not preparing yourself properly for next time. For all you know he could be on some other forum commenting about how disappointed he is that he could not finish this two-bit bum in the first round. He might have had an off night (think of that before you can "easily beat him if you have a rematch").

It is like a movie-- Happy Gilmore. In the movie Adam Sandler had natural athletic ability that allowed him to have some excelling qualities for a golf game. His main love for Hockey never changed or went away -- but he was given a foundation of training in golf in order to maximize his skill set to compete in golf. It is the same with you (I am not saying just because you can get some MMA training means you will go out and win titles -- you might just suck completely, sorry). No need to write off JJJ, but MMA is a sport. You need to train for the sport. When a football team goes to football practice, the coach does not take them to a basketball court and have them start playing basketball in order for them to prepare for their football game the following night.

Do not develop the "I can take a punch" attitude. A lot of the people who get knocked out are the ones who think they can take punches. Royce Gracie said himself he is scared of being hit, which gives him a mindset that helps him try to avoid being hit.

You dominated the ground game? I don't feel like reading back, but didn't you say something along the lines of he had your back for a good period of time and you had to spit out your mouth guard in order to grind your teeth? Then your domination of the ground game ended up in a resulting loss on the ground for you. Seems like you had great control. If you did have the control on the ground that you claim you had, he would not have slipped in a lucky "jaw crank" (or have gotten your back for that matter).

Having fun is great, but don't make a habit of having fun in this sort of sport and then not trying to prepare yourself better for next time. That is a great way to receive permanent injuries. Don't become a statistic. Either make yourself better, or just get out.

I know your head is dense, and that you will take in none of the excellent advice given to you in this thread. Hopefully this is just a butt-hurt stage you are going through, and you will very quickly realize what you actually need to do.

Best of luck.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 4:24pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    Of course it's about your ego. If you had no ego you would not be having this much trouble assessing what happened and how to correct it.

Someone without ego would simply take the data that had been collected, and determine how to alter the outcome of subsequent contests.

Everybody who has fought in the cage goes through this. There was a solid two-day period after my first fight where I was sure I could take him if given another chance. But I watched the video 9560 times and was eventually forced to concede that he was all over me like white on rice. I had done somethings well, certainly; I was not a helpless can, but he was better and it was obvious.

I completely re-tolled my training after that to focus on the unpleasant truths:
    • I was too small/weak to fight at that weight. So I dropped a weight class.
    • My striking was weak. I re-prioritized it in my training.
    • I was too timid/cerebral. I focused on high-pressure sparring sessions to duplicate the intensity and encourage ferocity.
    • My takedowns failed me. So I focused on perfecting two or three simple, high-percentage takedowns and drilled them to the point of insanity. I also re-tooled my ground game for simplicity as well. No crazy subs, all easy stuff, and plenty of GnP.

I steamrolled my next opponent so bad it was scary. You could too, if your ego allowed you to examine the failures of your current training objectively.

Tapping to a jaw crank? The other way of saying that is "I tapped to an improperly applied RNC, because no one taught me how to defend it."

This is not to say you don't have skill or talent, but you were simply unprepared. What are you going to do about it?
    /end thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    So "jaw crank" is the new "eargrind?"
    I had a post detailing how similar these two events are, but I don't want to play "Bloody Mary."

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 4:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For some reason I keep reading "jaw crank" as "jew crank."