Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 12:36pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    In order to be egotistical?

Wouldn't the motive behind my rematch be about what other people think of me or how I look in other peoples eyes?

Because I wouldn't care if it was a private match and no one ever knew the results.
    I just want a rematch, because I feel like I didn't get to express myself during that fight.
    Do any matches you want, but first start crosstraining in a MMA academy you can balance your times between you Jujutsu school and the MMA academy
    then keep this a couple of months and challegene someone else

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 12:51pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't care if it was a private match and no one ever knew the results.
    I just want a rematch, because I feel like I didn't get to express myself during that fight.
    If its just about expressing yourself during the fight, you can do so with other opponents as well.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are not the first one to fall into this trap. Own your loss and stop trying to play Groundhog Day with your fight career. You can "express yourself" just fine against a fresh opponent.

Edit: Permalost got there first
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 1:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wouldn't the motive behind my rematch be about what other people think of me or how I look in other peoples eyes?
    There isn't just one way to be egotistical.
    Because I wouldn't care if it was a private match and no one ever knew the results.
    That's fine and people could get with that thinking if you never said anything like this:
    I hope to get a rematch because I know I can beat the guy easily
    I got so many props from people I didn't know... That I felt like I won.
    But my commitment is still to my school and how it trains.
    I've been his most difficult opponent up to date according to him and others.
    But I was completely dominate on the ground... I just got caught.
    If I was sore for losing I would of complained about it being a Jaw crank and not a Rear Naked Choke like they think it was.

Oh and this is why I hated when the participation ribbons, "everyone is a winner," and "everyone gets to play" bullshit became common in this society.

IMO the above is the result.

Sadly, I hear this more now than I ever did growing up. I have no problem with you wanting a rematch, thinking you won, and thinking you could beat him easily. Keep that **** to yourself, when people are giving you advice, and people wouldn't look at you sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    Do any matches you want, but first start crosstraining in a MMA academy you can balance your times between you Jujutsu school and the MMA academy
    then keep this a couple of months and challegene someone else
    This has been stated, before and after the loss, repeatedly.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 1:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (Puts on cone bra)

So if you wanna fight right now
    Let bullshido tell you how
    Express what you got
    Are you ready? You're not!
    EXPRESS YOURSELF!!!

sent from Pluto to Uranus, using Tapatalk2
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 1:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wanting to express ones self isn't egotistical?
    Hmmm, i'll have to mull that one over...

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 1:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Wanting to express ones self isn't egotistical?
    Hmmm, i'll have to mull that one over...
    Really?

I can name a number of things, that IMO involved self expression, that I never found egotistical.

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 1:30pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The only way it is not about your ego is if you are not there! You did not express yourself during the match because HE was busy EXPRESSING HIMSELF! You lost. He had your back. You acknowledged his dominance when you tapped. As Conan replied when asked,"What is best in life?": "To crush enemy, to drive him before you, to hear the lamentations of the women."

He crushed you, he drove you out of that ring defeated. I guess we (the commenters on this thread) are the women lamenting your defeat...

...and your lack of admitting it.

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 1:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It helps to exspress yourself when you can speak the launguage. Speaking Klingon at a Dental convention is not a real plus.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    6/07/2012 1:44pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course it's about your ego. If you had no ego you would not be having this much trouble assessing what happened and how to correct it.

Someone without ego would simply take the data that had been collected, and determine how to alter the outcome of subsequent contests.

Everybody who has fought in the cage goes through this. There was a solid two-day period after my first fight where I was sure I could take him if given another chance. But I watched the video 9560 times and was eventually forced to concede that he was all over me like white on rice. I had done somethings well, certainly; I was not a helpless can, but he was better and it was obvious.

I completely re-tolled my training after that to focus on the unpleasant truths:
    • I was too small/weak to fight at that weight. So I dropped a weight class.
    • My striking was weak. I re-prioritized it in my training.
    • I was too timid/cerebral. I focused on high-pressure sparring sessions to duplicate the intensity and encourage ferocity.
    • My takedowns failed me. So I focused on perfecting two or three simple, high-percentage takedowns and drilled them to the point of insanity. I also re-tooled my ground game for simplicity as well. No crazy subs, all easy stuff, and plenty of GnP.

I steamrolled my next opponent so bad it was scary. You could too, if your ego allowed you to examine the failures of your current training objectively.

Tapping to a jaw crank? The other way of saying that is "I tapped to an improperly applied RNC, because no one taught me how to defend it."

This is not to say you don't have skill or talent, but you were simply unprepared. What are you going to do about it?
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.