Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 9:49pm

Style: Akayama Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    What level was it and how did you do?
    The Naga tourny was my first ever tournament. I didn't even really know the rules(As my school doesn't train to follow rulesets) so I was just there to win. I was 4 months into my training and I went into NAGA Gi white belt. Got silver medal and lost my last match by points. Then later on when I became a Rokkyu(Green Belt) I went into Judo tourny and came first place for Gold medal. Although I did get a lot of penalties because I wasn't used to the ruleset stuff again.

Now I figure my next step is MMA lol. Actually how it got set up is that we have a MMA fighter who also trains at our school. I was telling him how I could use some extra money. He suggested I fight MMA and try to get some pro fights because he thinks I am really really good. As do a lot of other people. So he called a fight manager for me and next thing you know... I get a phone call and now I am on the path for my first MMA fight as an amateur. In our last conversation he said that he would like to see how good my grappling is so he will know if I am wasting my time and his. So hes setting me up to have a grappling match with one of the best wrestlers he knows whom is apparently 12-0 in his amateur MMA career. So needless to say I am excited to experience this. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 9:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Perhaps. But more importantly I am being a Careful Carol. Motherfuckers should not take getting punched in the face lightly. Adequate preparation is required. Throwing untrained motherfuckers into the cage, especially if motherfuckers is being fed to a more experienced person is dangerous.

Most times when **** goes horribly wrong (ie when motherfuckers turn out severely injured), it's because motherfuckers just haven't been prepared in the least. I hate to see that ****.
    But I am not untrained. I am formally trained in a martial art.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 10:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    But I am not untrained. I am formally trained in a martial art.
    Yes, and your enthusiasm is admirable. And it is possible that you will do very well in your MMA fight. Although it is more likely that **** will turn out fucking horribly, and you will be prematurely thrust into fighting before having had time to develop your skills adequately and do **** the proper way. So you can have a long and safe career in the game and make some of that extra money you want.

How can you seriously go to compete in anything without knowing the fucking rules? I'm not for playing **** safe... but come the **** on. Read the fucking book or something. Preparation is the word of the day. Lose because motherfuckers beat you down, don't lose because you're unprepared.

To reiterate. **** is real when motherfuckers hit you. Prepare for that ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2012 1:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Yes, and your enthusiasm is admirable. And it is possible that you will do very well in your MMA fight. Although it is more likely that **** will turn out fucking horribly, and you will be prematurely thrust into fighting before having had time to develop your skills adequately and do **** the proper way. So you can have a long and safe career in the game and make some of that extra money you want.

How can you seriously go to compete in anything without knowing the fucking rules? I'm not for playing **** safe... but come the **** on. Read the fucking book or something. Preparation is the word of the day. Lose because motherfuckers beat you down, don't lose because you're unprepared.

To reiterate. **** is real when motherfuckers hit you. Prepare for that ****.
    Well I didn't go in clueless. The problem was more along the lines of me not training to be used to them. So at the heat of the moment I couldn't think of what would score me some points. I didn't end up breaking any rules during the NAGA, but I did during the Judo. Apparently I held onto his Gi for 5 secs or something(without realizing I did). Then another thing that screwed me was I did a beautiful throw that threw him 6 feet across the mat... And I was happy. Then I was told that was a nice throw, but you have to hold onto your opponent in order to get the point.

As far as being hit... I think the worse hit I ever took was a shot to the nuts. Which I still won that spar(I didn't stop), but when I rushed to the bathroom to piss. It wouldn't come out. Pain was so bad I actually could of cut my genitalia off. Now if getting hit in MMA is worse than that then my hats off to whoever can punch or kick that hard.

We have some colorful characters(background wise) in our dojo. One person is a prior golden gloves boxer and black belt in taekwondo. Hes been the one helping me after class about learning striking and how to get around it/what to look for etc etc. Being 6'6-6'7 and 260lbs he hits pretty hard and is pretty strong. So I figured if I can handle someone his size. Facing people in my weight class of (170lbs) won't be so bad. Something he told me before I told him about what I was getting ready for was(lol). "Well we need to get some pads and gloves on and let me hit the **** out of you so you won't want to be hit"

All in All i'm very excited. I really want to see what I can do against people from different backgrounds of martial arts.

Posted On:
    5/20/2012 5:39pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep talking. It's amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    5/20/2012 6:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as being hit... I think the worse hit I ever took was a shot to the nuts. Which I still won that spar(I didn't stop), but when I rushed to the bathroom to piss. It wouldn't come out. Pain was so bad I actually could of cut my genitalia off. Now if getting hit in MMA is worse than that then my hats off to whoever can punch or kick that hard.

Hahahahaaaaa...
    Yes i agree, pleases continue.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/20/2012 6:10pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't believe me about what?
    I don't really have a reason to lie, what do I gain by lying to any of you?
    Your feigned ignorance has some of us believing you are trolling.

Posted On:
    5/20/2012 8:01pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You probably won't make money out of it. And is a bad reason to compete.

(Unless MMA in Americaland is a lot more lucrative than over here)
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    5/21/2012 11:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then another thing that screwed me was I did a beautiful throw that threw him 6 feet across the mat... And I was happy. Then I was told that was a nice throw, but you have to hold onto your opponent in order to get the point.
    did you get video of that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2012 6:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Your feigned ignorance has some of us believing you are trolling.
    Ignorance about what?
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast