Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 6:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, it won't be more fun. It is more fun with the assumptions and anticipation. What comes next is going to be the typical thing we always see.

Crowing or excuses.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 6:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_cage View Post
    (on a side note- it has been my DREAM to get beaten up- choked out- and ridiculed by judo Gene.)
    i want him to call me "commie scum" as i drift off into lala land when he chokes me.

Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    A bit off topic, but I read this book once by a Christian author in which he was explaining the evils of the movie E.T. as there was a child who called another child "penis breath". He then went on to say how bad it was that a Christian child watching the movie would be forced to think how one would get penis breath. Truthfully, until this author pointed it out, I had never given it much thought.

Carry on.
    E.T. is where i learned to call people penis breath. i had forgotten about it until this thread for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Look, despite my best efforts there is still a JJJ apologist inside me that wants to see you do well. And that is why I sincerely hope you come up against a good opponent and lose (not hurt mind you, just lose). You are naturally athletic and have a lot of potential. If you could drop your ego and learn the techniques properly (instead of using your strength and size to power through them) you could be really good. But the only way I see that happening is if you get your bubble burst.

Take for example your dogged determination to eschew striking and close the distance for a throw. Yes that is how a lot of jujitsu works but jujitsu was developed by 5ft tall men wearing armour. You have a natural reach advantage that you would be a fool to throw away. You should be working on your striking so that you keep your opponent outside their range but in yours - where you can inflict damage and they can't. Sooner or later this will force them to rush you which is where your jits comes in. Make them come to you, not the other way around. And if neither you nor your corner can see that then you're in trouble.
    THIS! FUCKING THIS!!!!

I'm 6'4 myself, and all my offense is used in this way, even in judo/bjj i use my reach to frustrate the hell out of my opponent (except my last 2 opponents who were both 6'5 and then it didn't work anymore)

jjdesu: your vids show promise, but lack of skill. you could probably be awesome at ANY sport you did because you are naturally athletic. but your JJJ training is very lacking for the world of MMA, mainly in that you don't know what it's like to try to take someone down and sub them as they are trying to break your face wide open.

one guy i knew took a fight after 9 months of training. it was his only fight, despite having trained at a highly reputable club. in the process of going for a take down, he got punched in the face, then kneed in the exact same spot. his orbital was broken and his retina partially detached. now, he does tae bo classes.

i trained briefly with another guy named dallas. he wound up having his tibia and fibia both broken in one bad leg lock in a smoker to decide if he was ready for the cage. he had been training for a year.

another training partner i had took a beating to the head and had a moderate concussion during his second fight (he won his first fight). that guy didn't train for 3 months behind that concussion.

one of my ukes in my sankyu test just had his first fight. KO in 17 seconds. it was 2 seconds away from the promotions knockout record. the only reason he didn't get the record was because he let his opponent stand up after the FIRST time he got knocked down. this opponent was a wicked good wrestler, but only had heavy bag in the garage training for striking.

that doesn't even get into the bullshit i've seen with promoters putting chumps into the ring.

you could be a good fighter with a record to be proud of, and maybe even an ammy title belt to show for it. but first you need to buy some mouth wash to get the smell of penis off your breath and humble yourself to let coaches of a sport coach you in that sport and quit playing mix and match. otherwise, stick with JJJ and have fun with it, and forget about this MMA stuff.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 7:02pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    With all due respect sir, I've beaten many BJJ blue belts. From MMA schools and BJJ schools.
    And with even more due respect. You haven't seen any recent footage of me.
    I love to go to other Dojo all the time and usually end up sparring.
    Even when I visit other cities I lookup dojo/schools/gyms in the area.
    I acknowledge then that the videos may not show your current skills. I think I saw before that you have more current ones on your account?

It's not I don't want you to fight MMA EVER, it's just that I'm worried about your welfare. I guess that's kinda quaint over the internet in these here harsh forums?

Well, I guess in two days time we'll find out.

I wish you the best of luck, be safe, don't stay in the fight if you are beaten--get out, learn from it, and come back again after more training.

It'll be awesome if you get a win!

And thanks for staying pretty calm/polite in your posts, this forum is harsh at times but only to those that are arrogant with no backing to their claims, close minded, here to start fights, here to rehash arguments etc etc ad infinitem.

Hope you'll stick around, win or lose, this site can really help open your martial art eyes/mind, there's some really cool, really skilled guys on here, and the entire ethos of the site to "root out fraud" is the greatest.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 7:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

Crowing or excuses.
    I love both those things. And animated gifs of knock-outs.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 9:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    Such a small world. I see you are from Biloxi.
    Yes, I work for Alan Belcher at his gym in D'Iberville. If you decide to take MMA competition seriously you are more than welcome to come down and check us out sometime. feel free to PM me any questions.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 9:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    I acknowledge then that the videos may not show your current skills. I think I saw before that you have more current ones on your account?

It's not I don't want you to fight MMA EVER, it's just that I'm worried about your welfare. I guess that's kinda quaint over the internet in these here harsh forums?

Well, I guess in two days time we'll find out.

I wish you the best of luck, be safe, don't stay in the fight if you are beaten--get out, learn from it, and come back again after more training.

It'll be awesome if you get a win!

And thanks for staying pretty calm/polite in your posts, this forum is harsh at times but only to those that are arrogant with no backing to their claims, close minded, here to start fights, here to rehash arguments etc etc ad infinitem.

Hope you'll stick around, win or lose, this site can really help open your martial art eyes/mind, there's some really cool, really skilled guys on here, and the entire ethos of the site to "root out fraud" is the greatest.
    Look in his defense a lot of people around here jump into MMA with zero training, no joke. I can't tell you how many self-trained garage brawlers I've seen matched up against out of shape barfighters in this area. Depending on the show he could end up matched up with someone with less MMA training than himself.

With that said, in his case he probably is getting matched up against someone more experienced (at least in training), but it's not like he's fighting a legit professional. He could easily land a lucky shot and take out a much better fighter he isn't supposed to beat, but in order to be able to win consistently he will need to change his training in a MAJOR way.

Unless he gets heavily screwed in the match-up my guess is he ends up having a close fight win or lose. After the fight he'll realize either:

A) MMA isn't for him, back to training JJJ having completed one fight

B) he needs to change up his training to be more competitive.

or C) He decides to stick with JJJ training and become a can with a losing record for MMA fighters looking to move up until he either caves in and starts real MMA training, or quits fighting.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 9:47pm

Style: Goju Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    or he surprises everyone and wins

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 9:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    or he surprises everyone and wins
    Clearly you didn't actually read my post. Try again. He has a good chance of winning. I stated that in no unclear terms. It would not be a surprise to me either way.

What he can not do is win consistently with his current training. He has zero chance of ever winning any important fights that might help him go somewhere unless he gets into a real MMA program. He may very well be a better athlete than his opponent in this fight, and who knows if his opponent even has better training than him, but if he wins it won't be because he is training properly.
    Last edited by M-Tri; 5/30/2012 9:56pm at .

facebook.com/ABMMA

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 9:53pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At this level, there are plenty of clueless noobs. He might get one, and get the win. It changes nothing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 10:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    Apparently, you've never seen dirty boxing before.

If you try to execute a no-gi throw (if you survive crashing through striking range) agaist a scrambling, sweaty dude, you will find yourself in a clinch. Many mediocre grapplers die there. Body shots, knees, short hooks, elbows. It's a lit of fun if you know what you are doing; and pure hell if you don't.

Do you practice your throws no-gi with unlimited full-contact striking?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    I do that. Just get underhooks stall and wack people.

I wonder if he has played with a wall yet?
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts