Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 3:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's the typical athletic dude that hasn't been tested talk. Most of us have been there at some point. It says more about his current classmates or he is "that guy."

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 4:02pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll take one of each for 500, Fake.

--------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 4:02pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently, you've never seen dirty boxing before.

If you try to execute a no-gi throw (if you survive crashing through striking range) agaist a scrambling, sweaty dude, you will find yourself in a clinch. Many mediocre grapplers die there. Body shots, knees, short hooks, elbows. It's a lit of fun if you know what you are doing; and pure hell if you don't.

Do you practice your throws no-gi with unlimited full-contact striking?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 4:18pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Because to stand and bang you are going to stay in and out of striking range instead of trying to close the distance. That's the philosophy of most striking arts. Distancing for striking. They use distancing to their advantage in order to pick you apart with striking. "> no. You have no idea what you are talking about.

"There was one point in the fight where Rampage was entering the striking range to strike. But Jon Jones entered and jammed him and clinched." > and you wouldnt think Jon Jones knows ANYTHING about striking would you? (If you think Jones knows as little about striking as you do than you are hopeless.)

"What about MMA will stop those throws from working?"> nothing. Just the same things as ANY OTHER MARTIAL ART would stop you. You are not Ronda Rousey- You are not Randy Couture- And you are not even a Black-belt in whatever system you are studying.
    May i KINDLY ask if you believe you could perform whichever of those throws you wish- on whoever you wish- at will?

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 4:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dan Bowen is more fit for an mma fight this weekend than Capt. Penis breath over here.

--------

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 4:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And since rondas name came up a few times now:

I've actually spoken with miss sexy judo a couple of times, as well as speaking briefly with her mom and judo gene in regards to her training.

You know how she prepared for MMA? Mostly boxing lessons with nogi and wrestling added to them.

Yup, the girl who went arm bar in under a minute in every fight on her title run dedicated shitloads of time to boxing.

Go figure, a judo Olympian emphasized striking... I can't figure that one out for 3 sheckles, I tell you what...

--------

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 4:56pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NOOOOO way! You're ALMOST implying that a world ranked olympic judoka black belt worked on STRIKING?

I am seriously done with this guy- if he doesnt understand why; doing complicated throws are unlikely. Being a good grappler doesnt mean you will win with grappling UNLESS your striking is good enough to make that an OPTION.

(on a side note- it has been my DREAM to get beaten up- choked out- and ridiculed by judo Gene.)

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 5:26pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    Dan Bowen is more fit for an mma fight this weekend than Capt. Penis breath over here.

A bit off topic, but I read this book once by a Christian author in which he was explaining the evils of the movie E.T. as there was a child who called another child "penis breath". He then went on to say how bad it was that a Christian child watching the movie would be forced to think how one would get penis breath. Truthfully, until this author pointed it out, I had never given it much thought.

Carry on.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 6:13pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    So you don't think falling from almost 6 ft is a hard throw?
    Exactly. Compared to a properly executed 'hard' throw, a 6ft fall into ukemi is a warm-up.

I've been thrown by every throw.
    By Judoka and Jujutsuka
    Uchi Mata
    Harai Goshi
    Hane Goshi
    Kata Guruma
    Koshi Guruma
    Sasae Tsukomi Ashi
    De Ashi Harai
    O soto Gari
    Ko soto gari
    Uchi gari

etc etc.
    Wasn't interested in what you've been thrown by, only in how you've been thrown. But we've established that.

I mean... you haven't really told me anything I haven't experienced yet. I honestly will let you know when you tell me something I haven't experienced.
    Apart from an actual hard throw.

Keeping my mind out the gutter
    I've "Gotten around"
    How nice for you.

Like I said... you really aren't teaching me anything here. And my mind is open... Don't get me wrong.
    I do not think this means what you think it means.

Look, despite my best efforts there is still a JJJ apologist inside me that wants to see you do well. And that is why I sincerely hope you come up against a good opponent and lose (not hurt mind you, just lose). You are naturally athletic and have a lot of potential. If you could drop your ego and learn the techniques properly (instead of using your strength and size to power through them) you could be really good. But the only way I see that happening is if you get your bubble burst.

Take for example your dogged determination to eschew striking and close the distance for a throw. Yes that is how a lot of jujitsu works but jujitsu was developed by 5ft tall men wearing armour. You have a natural reach advantage that you would be a fool to throw away. You should be working on your striking so that you keep your opponent outside their range but in yours - where you can inflict damage and they can't. Sooner or later this will force them to rush you which is where your jits comes in. Make them come to you, not the other way around. And if neither you nor your corner can see that then you're in trouble.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 6:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't you all think this thread will be more fun the day after the fight? Let the kid go try it out now!