5/30/2012 11:27am

Style: Akayama Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    To the OP
    My cousin also comes from a Traditional School
    This how he fared in hard sparring vs a MMA practicioner

A piece of advice for those who dont speak spanish "Dont give the back, giving the back is death in MMA my friend"

Also dont think you are going to be humilliated, my cousin is respected by the MMA fighters from this academy now Tap when you are on the ground getting mauled you will have respect by steping in the ring already no need to get a serious injury by (continuing? verb of continue) something you are not prepared to

PD: Hope you dont get an opponent like this
    Well that guy fights a lot different than me.
    For one his blocking he throws his arms out. I bring my hands to my head and my hands stay up more than his does. And he was striking against someone who was a better striker than him. The guy last night tried to do that same thing to me @:58 mark. I covered up and ducked/dropped my level underneath the punches that were going for my head. Grabbed and had complete leverage to body slam him really hard onto the cagefloor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 11:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    In regards to jj desu taking a standing kata garuma, think about this; at my last naga I knocked a guy unconscious with an uchi mata.
    My mma club is judo/sambo based and you get auto promotions up to 4th kyu for knocking your opponents out with throws.

Have you EVER taken a throw that hard? Have you EVER tried to do your reaps after getting dead legged by a Thai kick?

I have to go back to my first post, I have seen this before and it only worked out for the can one time (lucky head kick)

All of us have seen this before. But you're like the dumb ass at the bus station playing 3 card because you totally saw that other guy win even though everyone is telling you its a scam and the other guy is in on it.

I've taken throws that have made me see stars plenty of times. But with proper ukemi and knowing when you are pretty much going to have to take the fall so don't try to resist with all your might and just prepare to take the throw properly. I don't see myself getting knocked out from a throw.

But if you lived close I would love to feel how strong your throws are.

Also Kudos to knocking someone out with a throw. My last experience with NAGA in Atlanta the mats were super duper soft.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 11:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    First, Jujutsuka desu, please don't fight. It's not worth it, you won't make money, and you're more likely to be injured and out of training in something you love than come out victorious (and still with no money).

Second, if you won't spar someone at their MMA gym in full prep for a fight to test yourself, you're not ready to fight in MMA. This obviously doesn't mean do this a week before you're first fight, but it should be something you are comfortable doing before you even consider taking a fight!

Third, a BJJ blue belt should be able to pretty much pick you apart on the ground with the examples you provided. You CANNOT give up those sub attempts in an MMA fight like that, or even in a competition. Armbars/Triangles/Omoplatas all just hanging out there waiting to be cranked the **** on. You do not appear to be aware enough on the ground to stay out of those dangerous positions until they've already tried to finish them on you, and you power out of them due to their bad technique.

Please, go an train in an MMA gym that is open to your ideas of incorporating your traditional skillset with a modern MMA at minimum, max...ditch the JJJ integration in MMA until you've trained at an MMA gym to know how to really combine that stuff together without sacrificing a lot.

The guys have been supportive, then turned to teasing, then spurning you out of the decision. Not to mock you, but to protect you.

Please, don't fight! Learn and grow, then fight!
    With all due respect sir, I've beaten many BJJ blue belts. From MMA schools and BJJ schools.
    And with even more due respect. You haven't seen any recent footage of me.
    I love to go to other Dojo all the time and usually end up sparring.
    Even when I visit other cities I lookup dojo/schools/gyms in the area.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 11:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    If Kata Guruma is the hardest you've ever been thrown then cheers for making my point. And good luck in your fight.
    So you don't think falling from almost 6 ft is a hard throw?
    I've been thrown by every throw.
    By Judoka and Jujutsuka
    Uchi Mata
    Harai Goshi
    Hane Goshi
    Kata Guruma
    Koshi Guruma
    Sasae Tsukomi Ashi
    De Ashi Harai
    O soto Gari
    Ko soto gari
    Uchi gari

etc etc.
    I mean... you haven't really told me anything I haven't experienced yet. I honestly will let you know when you tell me something I haven't experienced.
    Keeping my mind out the gutter
    I've "Gotten around"

visited Judo Dojo, BJJ dojo, MMA gym, and etc.
    I've had fun with them at camps and seminars too.
    The most recent hardest throw I can remember done to me was Tai Otoshi done by one of my schools black belts. He was showing me and another kyu how to do it.
    He was using me to demonstrate on.
    I saw stars and bounced off the mat like 3 bounces.

Like I said... you really aren't teaching me anything here. And my mind is open... Don't get me wrong.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From your naga vids, I can't see how you would best any blue belt in a competition setting. Maybe rolling while they are trying to dial in a technique, but that's it.

And good for you taking a variety of throws. Did any of them go terminal? Or was it the polite practice/randori throwing. My uchi mata knocked a guy out because I went terminal on him instead of letting gravity do its thing.

--------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:04pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok- here goes my last try at attempting to ACTUALLY talk/give advice.

I think you are quite damn skilled at JJJ.

I do not think your striking is bad- i just think it is what it is [not good enough to win- in its own right- a striking match] > i understand that you do not plan to 'stand and bang' BUT TRUST ME from my own experience- of you are not good enough to win/compete striking in MMA IT WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT TO EXIT/TRANSFER FROM STRIKING TO GRAPPLING. (and despite what the UFC makes it appear- your best/only way of being able to choose to go to grappling instead of standing with him is to BE BETTER THAN HIM AT STRIKING> if he is the better striker- he will stick your feet in glue and pummel you.)

Lastly (in regards to the whole single leg-double leg debacle) . . . I am WELL aware that you know/can perform/ have tested/ have learned;
    Uchi Mata
    Harai Goshi
    Hane Goshi
    Kata Guruma
    Koshi Guruma
    Sasae Tsukomi Ashi
    De Ashi Harai
    O soto Gari
    Ko soto gari
    Uchi gari . .. . .
    but you are high off your ASS if you think ANY of that guarantees you can perform any of those- at will- in an mma fight. It is like a young blue belt saying 'ima flying triangle him' . . . you MAY know the move- but the fact that you SOOOO confidantly/arrogantly seem to think knowing= being able to do AGAINST ANYONE at will in an mma fight . .. really makes me not want to continue discussing things with you.

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you really aren't teaching me anything here. And my mind is open
    Hahahahaaa!!!!
    You are an arrogant idiot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 3:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    From your naga vids, I can't see how you would best any blue belt in a competition setting. Maybe rolling while they are trying to dial in a technique, but that's it.

And good for you taking a variety of throws. Did any of them go terminal? Or was it the polite practice/randori throwing. My uchi mata knocked a guy out because I went terminal on him instead of letting gravity do its thing.

If I were you and I looked at my NAGA videos I would think that too.
    Because at that time period I couldn't.

And to your second question yes.
    But to be honest in my school we prefer to stay on our feet while throwing them down. "Prefer"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 3:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_cage View Post
    Ok- here goes my last try at attempting to ACTUALLY talk/give advice.

I think you are quite damn skilled at JJJ.

I do not think your striking is bad- i just think it is what it is [not good enough to win- in its own right- a striking match] > i understand that you do not plan to 'stand and bang' BUT TRUST ME from my own experience- of you are not good enough to win/compete striking in MMA IT WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT TO EXIT/TRANSFER FROM STRIKING TO GRAPPLING. (and despite what the UFC makes it appear- your best/only way of being able to choose to go to grappling instead of standing with him is to BE BETTER THAN HIM AT STRIKING> if he is the better striker- he will stick your feet in glue and pummel you.)

Lastly (in regards to the whole single leg-double leg debacle) . . . I am WELL aware that you know/can perform/ have tested/ have learned;
    Uchi Mata
    Harai Goshi
    Hane Goshi
    Kata Guruma
    Koshi Guruma
    Sasae Tsukomi Ashi
    De Ashi Harai
    O soto Gari
    Ko soto gari
    Uchi gari . .. . .
    but you are high off your ASS if you think ANY of that guarantees you can perform any of those- at will- in an mma fight. It is like a young blue belt saying 'ima flying triangle him' . . . you MAY know the move- but the fact that you SOOOO confidantly/arrogantly seem to think knowing= being able to do AGAINST ANYONE at will in an mma fight . .. really makes me not want to continue discussing things with you.
    I disagree with the striking thing. Because if I can enter and defend myself real good... How is standing and banging going to make it easy for me to enter? Because to stand and bang you are going to stay in and out of striking range instead of trying to close the distance. That's the philosophy of most striking arts. Distancing for striking. They use distancing to their advantage in order to pick you apart with striking. And this is what I am trying to tell you. It's not that I don't know how to block strikes or strike. But my arts philosophy is not to use distancing for striking, but distancing to enter in.
    A good example was Jon Jones vs Rampage.(I don't really care to watch MMA, but I love to watch Jon Jones because he reminds me of someone from my own school)
    There was one point in the fight where Rampage was entering the striking range to strike. But Jon Jones entered and jammed him and clinched. It was timed so perfectly. Strike was jammed and Jon Jones was in.

Ok let me tap into this other thing you were saying.
    What about MMA will stop those throws from working? Because they don't want to be thrown? Because I have thrown many people who didn't want to be thrown. And you keep saying "know the move"
    it's actually no I don't know the move. I just know how to make someone fall in a really harsh way. So I agree... Just knowing the technique is not going to make it work.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 3:37pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The more you talk the more you reveal you don't know what you're talking about.

You have to be good at striking to stop someones striking just like you have to be good at subs to defend against them.

The exception is if you can eat enough damage to get a take down and move to ground fighting. But that's a good way to get KTFO.

Your green belt video looked better, but I'm still not seeing MMA ready skill sets.

Why is it so horrible of an idea for you to wait 6 months and spend that time at a legit mma gym?

--------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.