Registered Member

Achievements:
    Overdrive

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 11:17pm

Style: Goju Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its cool that you are doing good but you don't "win" at sparring and you can never really tell how hard the other guy is taking it.
    anyways good luck with all this stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 11:21pm

Style: Akayama Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_cage View Post
    See- i was trying to actually give him the best advice i could recommend- but when he got all pissy at me simply for suggesting that; at his rank> it is not likely he could enter a fight with FULL CONTACT (let alone STRIKING) and execute any complicated throw at will. [hint; it requires much much much much much more skill than simply KNOWING a move to be able to perform it at will in a full contact situation- such as Ronda Rousey]

So it seems pretty evident to me he doesn't really want advice- just a bunch of high-fives for getting his fight.

ps... once again- if you think your traditional japanese jujutsu STRIKING is good enough for use in mma- ENTER A FULL CONTACT MUAY THAI TOURNAMENT and FUCKING ATTEMPT TO USE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN TAUGHT.
    Actually it takes much more skill than simply knowing a throw in any contact. And full contact or not it really doesn't matter. It is those skills that make the throw work that matter. This is referring to making the throw work by the way... Just so you don't focus on me saying "full contact or not"

And I don't want to enter a Muay Thai tournament. I am not a Muay Thai practitioner. I am a Jujutsuka. My mission with my striking abilities is not to stand and bang(although my opponent doesn't know that). It is to get in and get my hands on them. So for me to fight Muay Thai would be pointless, because that would throw me off because I would be trying to stand and bang with someone. Thus changing the whole philosophy of what I do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 11:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    its cool that you are doing good but you don't "win" at sparring and you can never really tell how hard the other guy is taking it.
    anyways good luck with all this stuff
    Good point.
    I wasn't going that hard either or I would of pounded him with more fist and elbows than I did. But he was using a lot of muscle and was wearing himself out. So he was trying to avoid my joint locks and chokes, but I applied them very calmly and easy.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:06am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    If you are trying to judge from my videos you are making a big mistake. I make that pretty clear in my newest sparring videos that are on my newer channel.
    I'm referring to the videos I embedded in my post, one from your jujutsuka no terebi channel and one of your older balckshinobishozoku vids. As you described it, it is a typical training session and that is what I am basing my comments on.

In the Dojo I am normally working on things or trying things.
    My objective isn't to do my best of work, but improve on things I think about when I am not at the Dojo.
    Improving on things is about making them your best work. This is what training is all about. If you never do your "best work" at training, how do you suppose your "best work" will ever get better?

Also, do you hard drill your throws at all or is the zombie-walk your major testing ground for throws? And no it's not that I don't get it or 'it looks strange', I don't see it as a useful drill.

You can do useful, compliant drills by someone standing a metre (arms-reach) in front of you and attacking with various energy up to full force and speed. This also teaches you timing, which you will never get from the zombie-drill.

And where do you see bad Ukemi. I agree some of the lower belts don't take the greatest of falls.
    The ukemi I was referring to was the second video of yours I embedded, the one with the description:
    In this video I also show correct way of breakfalling w/ a slap
    You know, the one that has you constantly landing on your lower back, where you don't have your arm and bottom leg in parallel, where your bottom leg is overly bent and torques your knee when you land, where you don't use your arm to create a rotation in the body to dissipate more energy, where you don't tuck in the bottom leg when performing forward rolls etc.....

But like I said, it is probably the product of never having been thrown hard - the kind of throw where you bounce off the mat and the only way to avoid being winded (even then only by a hairs width) is by being spot on with your ukemi.

Either that or you are saying they aren't being compliant. And if that's the case then yeah... Guys in our dojo tend to be that way. We don't like to fall unless you are making us fall.
    Nope, definitely not what I'm saying.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    I'm referring to the videos I embedded in my post, one from your jujutsuka no terebi channel and one of your older balckshinobishozoku vids. As you described it, it is a typical training session and that is what I am basing my comments on.

Improving on things is about making them your best work. This is what training is all about. If you never do your "best work" at training, how do you suppose your "best work" will ever get better?

Also, do you hard drill your throws at all or is the zombie-walk your major testing ground for throws? And no it's not that I don't get it or 'it looks strange', I don't see it as a useful drill.

You can do useful, compliant drills by someone standing a metre (arms-reach) in front of you and attacking with various energy up to full force and speed. This also teaches you timing, which you will never get from the zombie-drill.

The ukemi I was referring to was the second video of yours I embedded, the one with the description:

You know, the one that has you constantly landing on your lower back, where you don't have your arm and bottom leg in parallel, where your bottom leg is overly bent and torques your knee when you land, where you don't use your arm to create a rotation in the body to dissipate more energy, where you don't tuck in the bottom leg when performing forward rolls etc.....

But like I said, it is probably the product of never having been thrown hard - the kind of throw where you bounce off the mat and the only way to avoid being winded (even then only by a hairs width) is by being spot on with your ukemi.

Nope, definitely not what I'm saying.
    You are reading into things a bit more than needed.
    It's not an everyday training at the dojo... but it's basically just a typical day at the dojo.

And I never said "I never do my best work"
    But most of the time I am working on things. That's what I do at the dojo... try to reach a new level.

And I can assure you although my Ukemi might not be perfect. But I didn't do anything seriously wrong. In fact breakfalls don't even require a slap to be honest. So having my arm parallel with bottom leg... I don't see playing a huge factor. And landing on my lower back? I would say depends on which breakfall you are talking about. Since there's a Back, Side, and etc.
    Either way this is a pretty pointless discussion as I have taken heavy falls. Even a standing Kata Guruma and being dropped onto the mat. The biggest part is to not fall like a tree and to train ourselves to keep our head from hitting the ground. And if you don't want to get winded breathe out as you fall.
    The biggest issue I ever really ran into when falling was taking a hit on the kidney. Which rarely happens, or getting my balls jarred.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:39am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are reading into things a bit more than needed.
    It's not an everyday training at the dojo... but it's basically just a typical day at the dojo.

And I never said "I never do my best work"
    But most of the time I am working on things. That's what I do at the dojo... try to reach a new level.

And I can assure you although my Ukemi might not be perfect. But I didn't do anything seriously wrong. In fact breakfalls don't even require a slap to be honest. So having my arm parallel with bottom leg... I don't see playing a huge factor. And landing on my lower back? I would say depends on which breakfall you are talking about. Since there's a Back, Side, and etc.
    Either way this is a pretty pointless discussion as I have taken heavy falls. Even a standing Kata Guruma and being dropped onto the mat. The biggest part is to not fall like a tree and to train ourselves to keep our head from hitting the ground. And if you don't want to get winded breathe out as you fall.
    The biggest issue I ever really ran into when falling was taking a hit on the kidney. Which rarely happens, or getting my balls jarred.
    If Kata Guruma is the hardest you've ever been thrown then cheers for making my point. And good luck in your fight.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 1:03am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are trying to judge from my videos you are making a big mistake. I make that pretty clear in my newest sparring videos that are on my newer channel.
    In the Dojo I am normally working on things or trying things.
    My objective isn't to do my best of work, but improve on things I think about when I am not at the Dojo.

And where do you see bad Ukemi. I agree some of the lower belts don't take the greatest of falls. Either that or you are saying they aren't being compliant. And if that's the case then yeah... Guys in our dojo tend to be that way. We don't like to fall unless you are making us fall.

Anyways on a newer note. Tonight I stopped by the guy's gym who is managing the fight for me. I got to spar in their cage with one of their guys who has 7 fights under his belts. Everyone was really nice and I enjoyed the atmosphere. They too thought it was weird when I told them that I don't have any striking arts in my background. But when we stepped in the cage they got to see me in action. Which is what I like more than I like talking about what I can do. All in all I threw him down twice and my pins were very strong so he didn't get back up when I did get him down. Then the third time he tried to hook me to take me down but I countered as we fell and I ended up on the side.
    I won all three times... one with what you MMA guys refer to "arm triangle?"
    The other two were americana I think you guys call it.

He did slip couple punches in and a kick. I wasn't wearing mouthguard so one of them split my lip.
    I had a great night. :)
    And they are going to talk over about paying for my blood work so that I can pay them at a later time so I can continue with the fight this weekend.
    So you're fighting in Island Fights XVI?
    Also I will skeptical about this rendition based on your videos. What gym was this?
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 1:27am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With all due respect sir, your Judo training is much different than ours.
    I would expect a Judoka would need another year of retraining himself for the cage. Mostly because they rely on Gi and they aren't used to getting around striking. I remember hearing about a drill were a Judo dojo instructor had his students Randori. The black belts of course were winning all the time. Then after all the Randori and being all sweaty. He told them to take off their Gi. Lower belts were able to throw the black belts at this point.

I am not as clueless as you think.
    Striking changes the dynamics of throwing as well. Just so you know.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 1:51am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, Jujutsuka desu, please don't fight. It's not worth it, you won't make money, and you're more likely to be injured and out of training in something you love than come out victorious (and still with no money).

Second, if you won't spar someone at their MMA gym in full prep for a fight to test yourself, you're not ready to fight in MMA. This obviously doesn't mean do this a week before you're first fight, but it should be something you are comfortable doing before you even consider taking a fight!

Third, a BJJ blue belt should be able to pretty much pick you apart on the ground with the examples you provided. You CANNOT give up those sub attempts in an MMA fight like that, or even in a competition. Armbars/Triangles/Omoplatas all just hanging out there waiting to be cranked the **** on. You do not appear to be aware enough on the ground to stay out of those dangerous positions until they've already tried to finish them on you, and you power out of them due to their bad technique.

Please, go an train in an MMA gym that is open to your ideas of incorporating your traditional skillset with a modern MMA at minimum, max...ditch the JJJ integration in MMA until you've trained at an MMA gym to know how to really combine that stuff together without sacrificing a lot.

The guys have been supportive, then turned to teasing, then spurning you out of the decision. Not to mock you, but to protect you.

Please, don't fight! Learn and grow, then fight!

Fear and bullets.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second ClassRecommendation First Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 6:18am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With all due respect sir, your Judo training is much different than ours.
    I would expect a Judoka would need another year of retraining himself for the cage. Mostly because they rely on Gi and they aren't used to getting around striking. I remember hearing about a drill were a Judo dojo instructor had his students Randori. The black belts of course were winning all the time. Then after all the Randori and being all sweaty. He told them to take off their Gi. Lower belts were able to throw the black belts at this point.

I am not as clueless as you think.
    Yes you are.

But you are not going to believe us, obviously. No matter how much better trained, more experienced, and more aware we are than you.

Seriously. I've been you. I have seen 100 versions of you. My original prediction stands.

As for your anecdotal sparring session; If you really had no trouble handling a guy with seven fights, as you say, then things look good for you.

Not because it means you are ready, but because the promoter obviously has trouble finding serious competitors. Wherever your amateur scene is, it is obviously starved for quality fighters. This means you have a chance.

Or, more sinister, he is building you up with chumps and bullshit so you won't realize you are being fed to a real competitor.

And finally, I was FAR better at grappling then you are when I first fought. (hell, I was a better grappler in high school than you are now...) I understood the difference between go and no-gi just fine. I was far better at striking, too.

You are not magical or special. Your only hope is that your opponent is as helpless as a bjj white belt with no striking ability. This seems unlikely, but its not impossible.

I really hope you win, because losing sucks. But if you were serious about winning you would be training differently...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast