Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 4:50pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Even before this he went and did Judo for a couple months to prepare.

He's not terrible but it's obvious he's not as good as he might think he is. He has potential but it won't be reached in JJJ. Any promoter who watched this, granted its awhile ago, and says he is ready for an MMA fight is up to something.
    See- i was trying to actually give him the best advice i could recommend- but when he got all pissy at me simply for suggesting that; at his rank> it is not likely he could enter a fight with FULL CONTACT (let alone STRIKING) and execute any complicated throw at will. [hint; it requires much much much much much more skill than simply KNOWING a move to be able to perform it at will in a full contact situation- such as Ronda Rousey]

So it seems pretty evident to me he doesn't really want advice- just a bunch of high-fives for getting his fight.

ps... once again- if you think your traditional japanese jujutsu STRIKING is good enough for use in mma- ENTER A FULL CONTACT MUAY THAI TOURNAMENT and FUCKING ATTEMPT TO USE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN TAUGHT.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 6:01pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, is there a sub you won't walk into?

It's not that you are bad, just very green. If your opponent is at all experienced, you are in a lot of trouble.

The speed, intensity, and fury of an mma bout is going to be a huge surprise as well. Things happen a lot faster in the cage than they do at NAGA. They hurt more, too.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 6:51pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Oh wait, Jujutsuka Desu is BlackShinobiShozoku?! I feel so dirty.

What's with the Aikido-esque sequence at the beginning of this? Is this really a typical training session?

And it is probably due to the poor quality of the throws^ (which at that pace and intensity is a bit of a misnomer) but this is not good ukemi:

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    One of two things will happen (if the fight happens):
    ^QFMFT
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 7:58pm

Style: Goju Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if he wants to rep jjj let him rep jjj
    He's already shown that a yellow belt jjj is good enough to spar white belt bjj guys
    By the time he's a jjj bb hell win the white belt tourney everytime...
    I support your quest to rep jjj, maybe bjj would be easier and better for grappling comp but if u like jjj then do it

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 8:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rules there are pretty good for beginners. No striking to the head on the ground and you have to wear shin guards. He's more than likely getting put against someone he's not supposed to beat.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 8:13pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    if he wants to rep jjj let him rep jjj
    He's already shown that a yellow belt jjj is good enough to spar white belt bjj guys
    By the time he's a jjj bb hell win the white belt tourney everytime...
    I support your quest to rep jjj, maybe bjj would be easier and better for grappling comp but if u like jjj then do it
    According to his own post JJJ is not about exposure. He is not here to 'rep' jjj, he's here to promote himself.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 10:55pm

Style: Akayama Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tri View Post
    The rules there are pretty good for beginners. No striking to the head on the ground and you have to wear shin guards. He's more than likely getting put against someone he's not supposed to beat.
    Such a small world. I see you are from Biloxi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 11:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Oh wait, Jujutsuka Desu is BlackShinobiShozoku?! I feel so dirty.

What's with the Aikido-esque sequence at the beginning of this? Is this really a typical training session?

And it is probably due to the poor quality of the throws^ (which at that pace and intensity is a bit of a misnomer) but this is not good ukemi:

^QFMFT
    If you are trying to judge from my videos you are making a big mistake. I make that pretty clear in my newest sparring videos that are on my newer channel.
    In the Dojo I am normally working on things or trying things.
    My objective isn't to do my best of work, but improve on things I think about when I am not at the Dojo.

And where do you see bad Ukemi. I agree some of the lower belts don't take the greatest of falls. Either that or you are saying they aren't being compliant. And if that's the case then yeah... Guys in our dojo tend to be that way. We don't like to fall unless you are making us fall.

Anyways on a newer note. Tonight I stopped by the guy's gym who is managing the fight for me. I got to spar in their cage with one of their guys who has 7 fights under his belts. Everyone was really nice and I enjoyed the atmosphere. They too thought it was weird when I told them that I don't have any striking arts in my background. But when we stepped in the cage they got to see me in action. Which is what I like more than I like talking about what I can do. All in all I threw him down twice and my pins were very strong so he didn't get back up when I did get him down. Then the third time he tried to hook me to take me down but I countered as we fell and I ended up on the side.
    I won all three times... one with what you MMA guys refer to "arm triangle?"
    The other two were americana I think you guys call it.

He did slip couple punches in and a kick. I wasn't wearing mouthguard so one of them split my lip.
    I had a great night. :)
    And they are going to talk over about paying for my blood work so that I can pay them at a later time so I can continue with the fight this weekend.

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 11:10pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tri View Post
    How long are the rounds?
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 11:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    One of two things will happen (if the fight happens):

1: OP will get a win, somehow. Amateur and club-level MMA competition is full of helpless people. OP is one of them, but the possibility remains that he will get someone worse than him, or that he does have sufficient natural talent to get a win. He learns nothing, comes back and says "I told you so!" to all of us, and will get eaten alive as soon as he gets a serious opponent.

2: OP loses. His opponent is a serious competitor (if new) with a real training camp and real instruction. Whereupon, OP gets hammered in round one, turtles, gives up mount, and gets pounded into paste. (Or conversely, taken down and subbed in the first minute.) OP realizes we were right and either gets butthurt or achieves humility.

Having walked in his shoes I say this to the OP:

What you have been doing up tot his point is not the best way to prepare for an MMA competition. You are not properly prepared.
    • Your cardio is not as good as you think it is.
    • You are not as strong as you think you are (especially since a serious opponent will have cut 10-15lbs to make weight).
    • Your techniques will not work as well as you think they will; you are not as good at them as you think you are.

How do I know this? I've been you (only probably with more experience!) I had TEN YEARS of judo and over a hundred judo matches when I took up MMA. It took a YEAR of training to re-tool that skill set to work effectively in the cage. I trained for 15 months for MMA style competition before I took a fight. I lost the first one anyway because the opponent was bigger, stronger, and more experienced than me. This is what is likely to happen to you. It is entirely possible you may win, but it won't be because you are training smart or know what you are doing.

You can only hope your opponent is as clueless as you are. Fortunately (for you), that is not entirely impossible.
    With all due respect sir, your Judo training is much different than ours.
    I would expect a Judoka would need another year of retraining himself for the cage. Mostly because they rely on Gi and they aren't used to getting around striking. I remember hearing about a drill were a Judo dojo instructor had his students Randori. The black belts of course were winning all the time. Then after all the Randori and being all sweaty. He told them to take off their Gi. Lower belts were able to throw the black belts at this point.

I am not as clueless as you think.
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast