Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 9:39am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of two things will happen (if the fight happens):

1: OP will get a win, somehow. Amateur and club-level MMA competition is full of helpless people. OP is one of them, but the possibility remains that he will get someone worse than him, or that he does have sufficient natural talent to get a win. He learns nothing, comes back and says "I told you so!" to all of us, and will get eaten alive as soon as he gets a serious opponent.

2: OP loses. His opponent is a serious competitor (if new) with a real training camp and real instruction. Whereupon, OP gets hammered in round one, turtles, gives up mount, and gets pounded into paste. (Or conversely, taken down and subbed in the first minute.) OP realizes we were right and either gets butthurt or achieves humility.

Having walked in his shoes I say this to the OP:

What you have been doing up tot his point is not the best way to prepare for an MMA competition. You are not properly prepared.
    • Your cardio is not as good as you think it is.
    • You are not as strong as you think you are (especially since a serious opponent will have cut 10-15lbs to make weight).
    • Your techniques will not work as well as you think they will; you are not as good at them as you think you are.

How do I know this? I've been you (only probably with more experience!) I had TEN YEARS of judo and over a hundred judo matches when I took up MMA. It took a YEAR of training to re-tool that skill set to work effectively in the cage. I trained for 15 months for MMA style competition before I took a fight. I lost the first one anyway because the opponent was bigger, stronger, and more experienced than me. This is what is likely to happen to you. It is entirely possible you may win, but it won't be because you are training smart or know what you are doing.

You can only hope your opponent is as clueless as you are. Fortunately (for you), that is not entirely impossible.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    I didn't know competing in MMA, Kickboxing, and Judo competitions gave someone the ability to judge how their breath smells when you are many miles away from them.
    Sorry about that.
    I remember watching your NAGA matches. I was a lot nicer on YouTube that I should have been. Bottomline, you weren't that good. At best you are being set up with someone as clueless as you are. At worse you're being set up to pad someone's record. I say that because June 2nd is way to close for even an ammy fight.
    Anyways Good luck seems you're going to need it.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 3:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Link plz!!!

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 3:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 3:54pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. Just as i suspected.

I love the irony of how he upholds his JJJ as preparing him for the ring better than BJJ.

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 3:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Yep. Just as i suspected.

I love the irony of how he upholds his JJJ as preparing him for the ring better than BJJ.
    Even before this he went and did Judo for a couple months to prepare.

He's not terrible but it's obvious he's not as good as he might think he is. He has potential but it won't be reached in JJJ. Any promoter who watched this, granted its awhile ago, and says he is ready for an MMA fight is up to something.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 4:02pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. You need a lot of work before you're ready for the ring. It looks to me like your performance was carried by athleticisim and conditioning, not skill.

I'll give you this, you do appear to be well conditioned, but damn you are sloppy with technique.

--------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 4:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    I remember watching your NAGA matches. I was a lot nicer on YouTube that I should have been. Bottomline, you weren't that good. At best you are being set up with someone as clueless as you are. At worse you're being set up to pad someone's record. I say that because June 2nd is way to close for even an ammy fight.
    Anyways Good luck seems you're going to need it.
    Please Jujutsuka desu, although we'd enjoy it, don't ask for his credentials or give us the "judge me from far away" excuse.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 4:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shut up fake; you're always ruining the things I love.

Stupid Jew.

--------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    5/29/2012 4:48pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Please Jujutsuka desu, although we'd enjoy it, don't ask for his credentials or give us the "judge me from far away" excuse.
    He should Gong Sau him!
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast