Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 1:24pm

Style: Akayama Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

First MMA fight

Hello Folks, I am trying to get set up for my first MMA fight. But I'm also curious to what is normally needed. What gear will be required outside of gloves etc. Are there specific shorts or clothing? Or does this all differ with different organizations? I am sure I will be told this information later on, but I am interested to find out now.

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 4:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing enthusiast

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I will be of no help in answering that question, but I saw you were from Alabama and was wondering where your fight was going to be?

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 4:44pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    Hello Folks, I am trying to get set up for my first MMA fight. But I'm also curious to what is normally needed. What gear will be required outside of gloves etc. Are there specific shorts or clothing? Or does this all differ with different organizations? I am sure I will be told this information later on, but I am interested to find out now.
    You should have a coach to help you with this and if not I would have to wonder why you are fighting?

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 5:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tape, mouthguard,And a pair of shorts. I think pockets are the issue.

They should supply the gloves.

Otherwise it is what you don't take. cafinated drinks and tigerbalm can be an issue. You wont vasaline up the ref will do it.

If you are doing this like a normal person then your coach, their coach the promoter (sometimes even the judges and the ref) will get together and work everything out before hand.

I think there are going to be more people trying out local shows to just jump in the ring and test their ****.

I say go for it but I am also probably the only one who will.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 5:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by otherbarry View Post
    Sorry, I will be of no help in answering that question, but I saw you were from Alabama and was wondering where your fight was going to be?
    Pensacola, FL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 5:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post
    You should have a coach to help you with this and if not I would have to wonder why you are fighting?
    I come from a tradition based Jujutsu school. The guy I have managing for me and carrying me through this MMA stuff is from an MMA gym. I've only had phone conversations with him so far. I got in connection with him because one of his guys also trains at our school. So my Teacher and who is managing my MMA fights are different people. Right now hes working on getting me set up for July right now. The reason why I haven't made it over to his gym is because I live in a different city and haven't had the extra gas lately. But I plan to go there to show him where I am at in my skill level, so he can decide if I am wasting my time/his time.
    That's the whole story right now.

I'm just kind of excited to find out what is in store for me.

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 8:40pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** me drunk. What type of preparation have you done for this fight? Do you spar regularly? What is your rank in jujutsu? Do you spar regularly?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 10:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujutsuka desu View Post
    I come from a tradition based Jujutsu school. The guy I have managing for me and carrying me through this MMA stuff is from an MMA gym. I've only had phone conversations with him so far. I got in connection with him because one of his guys also trains at our school. So my Teacher and who is managing my MMA fights are different people. Right now hes working on getting me set up for July right now. The reason why I haven't made it over to his gym is because I live in a different city and haven't had the extra gas lately. But I plan to go there to show him where I am at in my skill level, so he can decide if I am wasting my time/his time.
    That's the whole story right now.

I'm just kind of excited to find out what is in store for me.
    Oh sweet mercy, for the love of peace, motherfuckers are going to hit you in the head. This is not **** you take lightly. You need more than gloves and tape and mouthguards and nut protectors to be ready. You need skill ************. Skill. That magic **** that makes you move your head when a ************'s fist is set for a collision with it. Have you ever been punched in the face?

You are not from an MMA gym? And you're going to an MMA fight? That should work out fucking brilliantly. I remember the first time I had a cricket match, I prepared for it by playing loads of baseball. Because, you know, sports is sports. Swing one bat, swing them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 12:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Oh sweet mercy, for the love of peace, motherfuckers are going to hit you in the head. This is not **** you take lightly. You need more than gloves and tape and mouthguards and nut protectors to be ready. You need skill ************. Skill. That magic **** that makes you move your head when a ************'s fist is set for a collision with it. Have you ever been punched in the face?

You are not from an MMA gym? And you're going to an MMA fight? That should work out fucking brilliantly. I remember the first time I had a cricket match, I prepared for it by playing loads of baseball. Because, you know, sports is sports. Swing one bat, swing them all.
    Have I ever been punched in the face.
    Yes
    Pads and Without Pads.

And who said I don't have skill?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 12:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    **** me drunk. What type of preparation have you done for this fight? Do you spar regularly? What is your rank in jujutsu? Do you spar regularly?
    I spar (just about)everytime I go to the Dojo after class and sometimes during class.
    My rank in my school is Yonkyu(4th kyu) which is blue belt.

I am not really preparing myself for this fight. I am just doing what I have already been doing.
Page 1 of 38 1 234511 ... LastLast