1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Monday Motivation: Boredom is BS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	louis-ck-boredom.jpg 
Views:	619 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	13371

Louis CK takes on the concept of "Boredom".

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 2:12pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Only boring people get bored." is something my mother often would say.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 11:20pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Hey that's awesome...I'm gonna use it in future : )) respect for your mother...

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 11:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bitches please. I get bored all the fucking time. I have lots of **** to read, lots of exercise to do, 12 fantasy worlds I created and 4 imaginary friends... and still I get bored.

Saying boredom is for boring people is like saying getting sick is for sick people. Which just as it sounds makes absolutely no fucking sense. Where is that good motivational **** that motherfuckers used to post?

What's with the motherfucking decline in quality? Did motherfuckers poison the water again? **** me, I can't take living in this borderline communist society. One ************ gets a cavity and bam! they flood the fucking pipelines with fluorine. My teeth are fucking fine ************, now I'm gonna get some fucking bone disease or some ****. What the ****? (see, that was an excerpt from imaginary world # 5, which is run by a lesbian government which calls itself, 'The Pussocracy'). Next I'll discuss the sunbathing Manatee family from world # 7.

Also: The motivationals should be moved from monday to all 7 days, because that **** is +week+.

Yes, I know.
    Last edited by The Question; 5/15/2012 12:04am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 10:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Saying boredom is for boring people is like saying getting sick is for sick people. Which just as it sounds makes absolutely no fucking sense.
    I would also contend that platitudes are not boring only when they're irritating.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 10:39am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    In my experience, its the opposite. People who never get bored are the most boring. They are content to stay home and assemble a puzzle or work on a spreadsheet or complain on the Internet.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 3:58pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    In my experience, its the opposite. People who never get bored are the most boring. They are content to stay home and assemble a puzzle or work on a spreadsheet or complain on the Internet.
    I would agree with that ****. Although complaining about **** isn't as simple as you make it out to be. Motherfuckers have turned that **** into a borderline olympic sport.

Personally, sometimes I like to be motivated by Kelly Rowland:

You gotta love dat ass. She can be your motivation.
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 4:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean, seriously, if some chick a fraction hot as Kelly Rowland said to you 'and when we're done, I don't wanna feel my legs', (you know, like Kelly says in the song) wouldn' that **** motivate you?

Of course I would be like

'you don't wanna feel your legs? That's pretty fucking kinky, but I'm down for whatver. So how high do you want your spinal injury? Bear in mind you might also lose bladder and bowel function. Are you sure you want to go ahead with this?'.

And then she would be like
    'No, you fucking idiot, stop being stupid. I mean I want you to **** me until I'm numb from raw pleasure'.

And then I would be like

'I see what you're driving at. You want me to stimulate you to the point where you are unable to experience further sensation due to nervous system fatigue, neurotransmitter depletion, and/or until your peripheral nerves are in some sort of refractory period?'.

And then she would be like
    'You know what, **** it. I can see this isn't going anywhere. Let's fucking play Mass Effect'.

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 4:17pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Don't be so hard on spreadsheets, they're merely the protoboard of the financial world. Whilst on their own they maybe lifeless they are merely a conduit for your imagination and their application is only limited by your own creativity and skill set.

I have often heard the same adage as Colin. I think the crux of it is that being bored is a symptom of being under stimulated/challenged and that if you aren't prepared to go out and change that yourself then that makes you a bore.
    Last edited by cualltaigh; 5/16/2012 4:21pm at .
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 4:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    I have often heard the same adage as Colin. I think the the crux of it is that being bored is a symptom of being under stimulated/challenged and that if you aren't prepared to go out and change that yourself then that makes you a bore.
    Or maybe you need some Kelly Rowland in your life. Did you ever think about that ****?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast