Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 10:55am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

May 6th hangover special: No gi Harai goshi and deep half in competition.

After some major drinking this last Cinco De Mayo I decided to take this last minute match the next day. Could not get my game going but I got off a good reaping hip throw and then got myself swept. Went to deep half where I played a conservative game to see if we could get to the points round. Neither of us scored so we went to sudden death. (First person to land on their back, hip, or butt loses; so no sacrifice throws.)

For the record this is my first grappling tournament in a decade.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 10:57am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW; Animlmthr took first in her division again and then went to fight the guys with some great moves. I will let her put up the videos.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 11:00am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uhmm, there is some sportmanship in that video. WTH?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 1:17pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So in other words unlike Nick Diaz you showed up to compete.

Thanks Omega I learned something today. I didnt know anything about the Gokor Hayastan style tourney's and went to research the ruleset.(I hadn't heard of the suddeen death round by take down.) Do you like the ruleset or do you prefer more of a NAGA/ GQ style rule set of points through-out?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 1:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gokor's rules are great because they're high paced. (Not good for this old man who was out of shape). Like all martial arts it's just whatever the rules dictate. The only ruleset that chaps my hide are the IBJJF rules.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 4:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Gokor's rules are great because they're high paced. (Not good for this old man who was out of shape). Like all martial arts it's just whatever the rules dictate. The only ruleset that chaps my hide are the IBJJF rules.
    Maybe I should have put a follow up question in there too. Does the Gokor rule set play well into your game or would you prefer a 10 minute round for BB's like Naga? I guess what Im asking is do you employ a dynamic game or more of a grinder game (slow starter.) I ask because well like you joked not good for old men..(I do masters division at NAGA) im not trying to hang with 20 somethings damnit.

Always pictured you as one of those real dynamic guys that explodes on people, so obviously in my head the Gokor rule set the second I read it was like WOW thats fast paced and no way would I personally want to go to the 3rd round...(My sprawl is ****.) And I will roll with a single leg attempt to prevent the points in NAGA (I've even followed through the take down and ended in mount)

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 4:59pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This points to a flaw in the IBJJF ruleset i've always disliked: If you throw someone into side control, you only get two points. I'd prefer we do away with scoring for passing at all (besides advantages) and instead just reward the three points for achieving side control, which would have put omega ahead by five.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 5:26pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    This points to a flaw in the IBJJF ruleset i've always disliked: If you throw someone into side control, you only get two points. I'd prefer we do away with scoring for passing at all (besides advantages) and instead just reward the three points for achieving side control, which would have put omega ahead by five.
    I actually agree with you. Passing points are dumb and they create some weird incentives. That's heresy to most BJJ guys, though.

I liked the harai. That's just the position for it in no gi.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 8:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Maybe I should have put a follow up question in there too. Does the Gokor rule set play well into your game or would you prefer a 10 minute round for BB's like Naga? I guess what Im asking is do you employ a dynamic game or more of a grinder game (slow starter.) I ask because well like you joked not good for old men..(I do masters division at NAGA) im not trying to hang with 20 somethings damnit.

Always pictured you as one of those real dynamic guys that explodes on people, so obviously in my head the Gokor rule set the second I read it was like WOW thats fast paced and no way would I personally want to go to the 3rd round...(My sprawl is ****.) And I will roll with a single leg attempt to prevent the points in NAGA (I've even followed through the take down and ended in mount)
    Normally I am, but this day I was lethargic due to the quart of Vodka I consumed the previous night. I had not intended on competing at all but I said what the heck. It was fun. As you can see I still had a blast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 8:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    This is sort of why I asked if Omega had a ruleset preference. Under NAGA no gi I scored it 4 for Omega 2 for opponent, after 5 minutes........O- 2 for throw, 2 for side control ....opponent 2 for sweep.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast