Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Style
    Tae Kwon Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Was Segal ever a bad ass??

Have seen seveal old clips of him back when he had hair and a flat stomach. Yea he seems to move pretty fast and all but a majority of his defense seems to be pushing the others away.
    Would he be any worse if his arms were not 5 feet long? I like Aikido and think it looks pretty awesome, but cant say much if he's any good or not.

Style
    MT/BJJ/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At one stage he was fairly fit, most likely - though it's widely known in the western martial arts world that he has always been full of his own bullshit.

Style
    Striking/Grappling/Poking
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that's an interesting question. In accordance with the prophecy, I will answer with another question. Was Bruce Lee ever a bad ass? Did we ever see him fight? I mean, he made up a martial arts philosophy and wrote a book, but does that make him a bad ************?

Think about that ****.

Know what the **** I'm talking about?

You see what the **** I'm sayin'?

That **** be tricky sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Style
    Striking/Grappling/Poking
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    At one stage he was fairly fit, most likely - though it's widely known in the western martial arts world that he has always been full of his own bullshit.
    Interesting. Apparently Bas Rutten did slam that ************ on Twitter for claiming he taught Anderson Silva the front kick to the face. (Which is clearly bullshit, because I'm the one that taught him).

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma-318430

Though I figure Segal is a Wannabee Bas Rutten. He wants people to believe he was a bad ************ and he knows how to do that deadly ****, but he's never actually done it. Whether he believes himself to be a bad ************ is a matter for conjecture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is a legit 6 dan aikidoka. The level of badassery that translates to I will leave up to you.

Style
    MT/BJJ/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    He is a legit 6 dan aikidoka. The level of badassery that translates to I will leave up to you.
    I thought he was 7 dan.. hmm

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought he was Lieutenant Dan, then I remember that was played by that other actor, Gary Sinise. Man, he did a great job of that role.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.

Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe he is by now. It's been a long time since I've given him any thought.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've thought about it like this. Segal is a "bad ass aikidoka". I personally believe that, in his prime, he could certainly hold his own against another aikido practitioner. Also, trained any style vs. untrained is more often then not going to end up in favor of the guy who's been training. In his prime, he could certainly kick my white belt ass. But putting him against an equally trained bjj or Judo player? I think he'd have a hard time, even in his prime.

Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thejon View Post
    But putting him against an equally trained bjj or Judo player? I think he'd have a hard time, even in his prime.
    That has nothing to do with Seagal himself, and more to do with how well aikido works against other martial arts. I'm sure that conversation has been had here over and over again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last