Page 4 of 4 First 1234
    Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
    Style
    Combat Cuddling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Batshatcrazy View Post
    Keep things in scale my friends, there are so many things you can't beat up you might as well do things you can enjoy despite being called silly.
    I play video games when I want to pretend I'm a badass without having to work for it.

There's been plenty of good style recommendations so far. Try one out and see if it's for you.

Style
    boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sooo I was wondering, what other throwing, ground martial arts are there besides judo, jujistu, and greco roman wrestling?
    SAMBO

Style
    Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep things in scale my friends, there are so many things you can't beat up you might as well do things you can enjoy despite being called silly.
    Well if you dont want to hurt anybody you could try.............the Chun! good for small spaces bum rushy, Wont beat anybody up, and might be called silly! Yes I think this is the answer your trying to lead everyone into giving you. If I have mistaken you then try one of the arts already suggested.

Style
    Shorin Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, were you on drugs when you were typing in this thread? Your posts read like someone's pumping you full of mescaline. Have you re-read the thread? I just read it twice and haven't a fucking clue what's going on. Distilling down your posts into list format, it would seem this is what you have in mind:

WANT!

• bum rushy
    • running around
    • quick in and out
    • "use of inertia" (WTF?)
    • "a striking arts, with the fluidness of laido - the sword drawing technique, with the power of MT behind it"
    • sucker punches
    • "burst contact sparing"
    • not practical

DO NOT WANT!

• dancing around
    • stance training
    • ground work

If you can make sense of that you're a better man than me.

Mate, you're in Philadelphia. There's not many, if any, cities in the world more famous for boxing. Go to a boxing gym and train like Rocky. What you've done in this thread is the equivalent of going onto a food forum and saying "Hi guys, I'm from Philly. Can anyone recommend a recipe that uses frying steak, bread and cheese sauce?"

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep boxing is a good shout, but if you want to use your legs i'd go with Muay Thai! Like lordbd said it's physically demanding and is very direct. Whoops my ass every day anyway...

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    Mate, you're in Philadelphia. There's not many, if any, cities in the world more famous for boxing. Go to a boxing gym and train like Rocky. What you've done in this thread is the equivalent of going onto a food forum and saying "Hi guys, I'm from Philly. Can anyone recommend a recipe that uses frying steak, bread and cheese sauce?"
    ^This. Last time I was in Philly I couldn't help but want to walk into a boxing gym and do some bag work. I mean, you can feel it just walking through the city. Don't waste the chance to say you trained in boxing in Philly.

At least for a little while. For the rest of your list: put on a blind fold, spin around in a circle 30 times, then take off the blind fold. That will accomplish everything else you are asking for.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. Boxing, judo, and shotguns are cheap and widely available.

Randall Cobb once shook my hand at the Blue Horizon in Philadelphia. Here I am years later practicing pugilism....coincidence?

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/21/2012 3:35pm at .

Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't want something from the movies but you've got some BS ideas about martial arts that may as well be from movies. There's no style that will magically make you do what you imagine you can do.

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Troll, wants to hear WC.. Go do WC, be like the mighty Bruce!!! in and out, deadly strikes, inertia...
    oh and here is a sucker punch stile

Page 4 of 4 First 1234