Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 2:51pm

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

We Need Your Help! The Search for Count Dante Kickstarter: 7 Days to Go

"We at Bullshido have known Floyd Webb for many years. We believe that a critical examination of Count Dante's legacy to the martial arts would promote fact rather then myth. We have therefore made an acception to our regular policy, and allowed him to post a fund raising appeal here. We have also offered to provide a spokesperson to be interviewed for this movie. Bullshido.net however, does not bear any fiduciary responsibility or exercise any supervision over this project. Such questions such as how this crowd sourced money is to be raised and spent should be directed to Mr. Webb.

The Bullshido.net staff"

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 3:19pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must be missing something. Was this moved from another thread? The Count Dante thing has been done, done again, and overdone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 3:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Final Comedown: Finishing the documentary on Count Dante.

I need you help to finish The Search for Count Dante, one of the most compelling documentaries on the martial arts that will probably ever be made. Please pledge your support at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...or-count-dante
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/60707/cine...iest-man-alive

It doesn't matter how much you pledge, it is about how many people I can get interested enough in the project, who recognize it's values in telling one aspect of the history of the martial arts community. Many of you on Bullshido were witness to my battle with the Fall River self-proclaimed Black Dragon Fighting Society "heir" to the legacy of Count Dante.

If you don't remember what has been called an "epic thread" in the annals and history of flamewars on Bullshido you can see both parts covering 3 years here:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=59843&page=1

and

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch...358-p-412.html

This is the kind of stuff that makes Bullshido Bullshido.

If anyone had told me I was going to have to go through this stuff to make this film, I never would have believed it. I found myself caught up in fighting a war of disinformation with these characters. But I tried to conduct myself in a way that would not shame my great-grandchildren when they find Bullshido online in 2050 and look up my name.

7 years later, Boston Federal Court, after Chicago, New York, Fall River, Brighton England, Paris, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Texas, and Wisconsin I am in the home stretch to finish this film, The Search for Count Dante.

If you find some merit in this project, for a $25 donation you can recieve a DVD or digital download of the completed film and other swag by making a pledge TODAY at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...or-count-dante

The only kicker is I have to raised the whole $50,000 or you guys get to keep your money. So it's a gamble, I have 7 days left with not much in the kitty.

I would appreciate it if you could spread the word around about the campaign. It would be great if this could go viral between tonight and Friday. Even if you can't afford to donate, spread the link to as many blogs give an opinion, good, bad or indifferent. Trust me, ther has NEVER been a martial arts documentary like this in the history of cinema.

So I want to know what you guys think. I am going to be back and forth here everyday. Yeah, this is a self serving ploy to get money out you guys. But Bullshido plays a big part in the making of this project. Plus you all get to say you were one of the Bullshido producers of the film and I might even give little cards to you guys saying that, IF i can get to my goal by next Wednesday at midnight.

I look forward to interacting with you all, as I know I will.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 3:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    I must be missing something. Was this moved from another thread? The Count Dante thing has been done, done again, and overdone.
    But the film was not finished.

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 9:00pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just confirming that the staff did give Floyd permission to post one fund raising thread. A good critical movie about Dante would help dispell Bullshido in the martial arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2012 10:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Count Dante: Hands Like A Woman

Joe Lewis talks about Count Dante, who he said, "..has hands like a woman.
    Last edited by floydwebb; 5/10/2012 10:23am at . Reason: fixing video

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 2:28pm

Style: Ji Do Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Floyd -
    Nice kickstarter but Ken Knudson said that not Joe Lewis; I saw it with you in your office when looking for footage of Dante in the huge stack of DVD's he gave you.

You promised to repay the Knudson family by doing a documentary on Ken.

You have already gotten more investment than your worth and can not or will make good on you handshake or promises to other ... I know was your "senior consultant" ..

I wouldn't give you a wooden nickel at least I'd give John Patricio 40 pieces of silver.

Best Luck to you,
    Master C. C. Pieschala

P.S. I still check and am aware of this topic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 3:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Just confirming that the staff did give Floyd permission to post one fund raising thread. A good critical movie about Dante would help dispell Bullshido in the martial arts.
    We always knew your bias Sam :-) .. What were you promised?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 3:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by floydwebb View Post
    But the film was not finished.
    I agree with Floyd the Count Dante thing has NEVER been done. Applaud Floyd for trying, I sincerely mean that .. he has gotten farther than I ever expected.

The best,
    Master C.C. Pieschala

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2012 3:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by floydwebb View Post

I need you help to finish The Search for Count Dante, one of the most compelling documentaries on the martial arts that will probably ever be made. Please pledge your support at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...or-count-dante
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/60707/cine...iest-man-alive

It doesn't matter how much you pledge, it is about how many people I can get interested enough in the project, who recognize it's values in telling one aspect of the history of the martial arts community. Many of you on Bullshido were witness to my battle with the Fall River self-proclaimed Black Dragon Fighting Society "heir" to the legacy of Count Dante.

If you don't remember what has been called an "epic thread" in the annals and history of flamewars on Bullshido you can see both parts covering 3 years here:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=59843&page=1

and

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch...358-p-412.html

This is the kind of stuff that makes Bullshido Bullshido.

If anyone had told me I was going to have to go through this stuff to make this film, I never would have believed it. I found myself caught up in fighting a war of disinformation with these characters. But I tried to conduct myself in a way that would not shame my great-grandchildren when they find Bullshido online in 2050 and look up my name.

7 years later, Boston Federal Court, after Chicago, New York, Fall River, Brighton England, Paris, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Texas, and Wisconsin I am in the home stretch to finish this film, The Search for Count Dante.

If you find some merit in this project, for a $25 donation you can recieve a DVD or digital download of the completed film and other swag by making a pledge TODAY at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...or-count-dante

The only kicker is I have to raised the whole $50,000 or you guys get to keep your money. So it's a gamble, I have 7 days left with not much in the kitty.

I would appreciate it if you could spread the word around about the campaign. It would be great if this could go viral between tonight and Friday. Even if you can't afford to donate, spread the link to as many blogs give an opinion, good, bad or indifferent. Trust me, ther has NEVER been a martial arts documentary like this in the history of cinema.

So I want to know what you guys think. I am going to be back and forth here everyday. Yeah, this is a self serving ploy to get money out you guys. But Bullshido plays a big part in the making of this project. Plus you all get to say you were one of the Bullshido producers of the film and I might even give little cards to you guys saying that, IF i can get to my goal by next Wednesday at midnight.

I look forward to interacting with you all, as I know I will.
    Again Floyd we agree,
    If you remember back in like 2005 (????) when we met .. I told you "let sleeping dragons lie" . I admit we could have had a better meeting BUT I was merely repeating what my instructor told me to say and knew what would happen.

Oh for clarity, not in this to make a name for myself. It is a dear subject to me as a master ; I'd be a lesser man if I didn't voice it.

Best wishes,
    Master C.C. Pieschala
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast