Thread: Introduction

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Introduction

Hello everybody. I just decided to make an introduction post. I'm Sanosuke E. The Sanosuke is just a japanese name I like and the E stands for my last name. I'm currently a college student about to enter his junior year. I'm majoring in psychology and I'm thinking of minoring in philosophy. I would like to get my Ph.D in clinical psychology one day.

I have been interested in martial arts since my first exposure to a karate dojo when I was a wee lad. I have experimented with some things during adolecents but teenage angst makes fools of us all.

I'm not practicing anything at the moment, and I don't know how long it will be until I can do a martial art. I have a decent job but my girlfriend (future fiance) wants to get an apartment. I suppose I could always look at some posts until then.

I would probably look towards something japanese just because. My main goals are to improve my health (I have nasty asthma) and build up some self confidence. Self defense is good also. I don't want to waste my time with bullshido
    .:Smile2:
    Thank you for your time

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make sure your asthma is properly medicated before looking to start training.

If you want "Japanese but not bullshit" Judo is your best bet, it's fairly likely that your university has a club for it.

Style
    Hung Gar
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just finishing a clinical psych PhD. Shoot me a message if I could be helpful at all.