Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 12:43pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slightly similar story, my judo club has been branching out lately and doing some grappeling training at a local boxing school for guys interested in competing in MMA. Well one of the guys who actually has a decent boxing record and last I knew was 2-0 in ammy MMA started talking **** to the guy running the class about how he could beat me (sankyu) and one other guy (ikkyu) in ground work despite having only trained with us for a few months.

Well this gets back to me and come randori time the next class I made sure to ride the guy hard, not play dirty or anything but just hit submission after submission, pin after pin, for the whole 5 min round. Well I guess his ego couldn't take the hit and after that he got up, took off his gi that he had been borrowing from one of the dan ranks, and left right in the middle of class.

Best part of the story was that later when we were drinking I was given the gi he was using for retiring him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 12:50pm

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    I wonder what Professor Sauer would think about this? Maybe I will have to ask him or maybe Allen Hopkins when I see him.

The doofus chose some pretty big names to say he was a student of.
    Well, he is a student of those masters like I am, too. Why? Because I also watch those youtube-clips. Okay, so I train in reality too, not only in my head but alas he's pretty much the same as I am :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 2:48pm

Style: Ju d'oh!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the question we're all forgetting is: Did he come back?

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 6:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    Wait is this whole story about 9-16yr old kids acting tough in High School wrestling practice? Glad to hear you had fun, but honestly hearing that some teenage kid was talking smack and acting tough isn't very surprising.
    You know, as Sir Joseph Broadfront of New England said to me at the end of our duel 'the point sailed straight over your head, sir' (he had fired first and saw the bullet graze the top of my hat).

While it is true that teenagers talk **** and act tough, it is also true that they must be punished for their crimes and made to pay for them in sweat, blood and pride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 7:24am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sometimes forget how dumb certain wannabes are until I read stories like this.
    To his credit, at least he finished the practice, despite dry-heaving.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 8:09am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing wrong with a bit of dry heaving. I have a tradition of dry heaving whenever I come back from bouts of not-training/being fat. The trick is to keep going back until you stop dry heaving.

However, dry heaving while claiming t3h d34dly is not an amazing strategy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 9:02am

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm on the fence here - part of me wants to give Clinchfighter a proper interwebz high five for schooling this fool.

On the other hand, I agree with Rivington. Anyone who has trained for any length of time has one of these stories. Posers love martial arts. Tapout shirts have just made them easier to identify.

What sets this Poser apart in my mind is: most posers I've met act like Judo Jeff's and quit without finishing the workout. Dry heaving during the warmup, and continuing to challenge everyone, after getting pinned by a 4th grader? Not usually on the Poser's menu.

The guy may suck, but he has some guts. If he would come back and maybe get a little humble, he might make something of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by 100xobm View Post
    What colour is the boathouse in Gilbert Arizona?
    Quality Ronin reference FTW!

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 9:29am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the whole story is a retelling of a fugue. My guess is that the OP was that kid.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 5:01pm

Style: Boxing, Rowing Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKenner View Post
    I'm on the fence here - part of me wants to give Clinchfighter a proper interwebz high five for schooling this fool.

On the other hand, I agree with Rivington. Anyone who has trained for any length of time has one of these stories. Posers love martial arts. Tapout shirts have just made them easier to identify.

What sets this Poser apart in my mind is: most posers I've met act like Judo Jeff's and quit without finishing the workout. Dry heaving during the warmup, and continuing to challenge everyone, after getting pinned by a 4th grader? Not usually on the Poser's menu.

The guy may suck, but he has some guts. If he would come back and maybe get a little humble, he might make something of himself.
    Agreed. More so if he's just a kid. He might be a bit misguided, but hey, this could be the start of a good thing. OP, did he come back?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 8:33am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be nice if numbnuts, after getting beat, would be encouraged to train. But I think that rarely happens; in my experience you're pissed enough that you tend to school numbnuts and send them on their way with their tail tween their legs. However, the BJJ in Logan told me that maybe half the "tough" guys who come in strutting end up training after getting schooled.

I have seen people come into some karate or ke?po dojos and want to fight to see "if it works." And that's fine, a bb gears up and goes at it kick boxing type sparring for a couple minutes and the conclusion is, it works. Never seen this in Kyokushinkai, it would take a delusional insane person to watch the sparring and want to join in to see if it works. And the bbs would be "WTF? Are you nuts? Here, let me roundhouse your leg."
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast