Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 4:40pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    An entire continent that comprises a fraction of your population. How many notable UFC fighters are from China? How many notable UFC fighters are from Russia? How many notable UFC fighters are from the UK? What are the general population sizes for all those countries again?

The state of Louisiana has just shy of 5 million people. Australia, just over 20 million. Subtract Victoria and South Australia, due to their laws prohibiting sanctioned MMA fights and disregarding WA and NT and (sorry, Colin) Tasmania, due to isolation. Considering NSW and Queensland have established MMA sanctions, it is likely that a potential fighter will move there, so let's look at the population of NSW and Queensland= 11.7 million, approx. And considering the extra three notables that gregaquaman has put up, it would be neck and neck with Louisiana in the production of fighter stakes.

HOWEVER, we should also look at development of the sport. The UFC was started on American soil. The UFC fought all sorts of legal battles for ten or so years just to be able to hold their events. They introduced rules to combat the "human cockfighting" moniker one of your esteemed senators said in the early 90s. By the early 2000s the organisation was nearly dying from the battles and threw in one last ditch attempt, The Ultimate Fighter. Apparently on at a decent time on TV. Do you know what time I had to watch anything MMA in the early 2000s? After 2am. One night a week. On cable. Missed it? Suck ****. Next week. No replays.

"Oh, but you had access to the internet?" you say. LOL, I don't think you are aware of how far behind the US we were with that ****, apparently you had dial up in the late 80s early 90s, some of us Aussies were still amazed in the year 2000 that a song could be downloaded off the internet in just a few short hours. A WHOLE SONG! It's better now, but not really, every American I know who has come over here says we are in the dark ages.

So America was a full decade plus into development by the time we even had the opportunity to see MMA events live. And guess who we saw? Elvis Sinosic! He was there, in your face, before many Aussies even thought, "why are they rolling on the ground? If that were me, I'd kick the **** out of him before he tried to hug me!"

So population- wise and development- wise, Australia is actually not too bad, especially considering we now do have some world class gyms and trainers. It's a youthful market, granted, but the benefit of youth is potential.

[/end rant]
    +1, and pushups.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 6:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Waddup man? Good to see you on the boards. The US Marshalls have a medical program? Because I would be down with that. I'm throwing the net wide here.

Medical program? No, just door hitters and lead spitters.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 2:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese View Post
    Give up.

Already picking a loser.
    Right, because all the motherfucking kids want to be like World War Cheese.

How old ARE you? o.O (Rhetorical; Answer is TOO OLD)
    What? You ain't see them 73 year old motherfuckers that be bussin **** up? Two words: HumanGrowth Hormone

Don't worry, I would NEVER touch you (even with a ten foot pole)

You rakka disiprine. And skill.
    The only thing I rakka I'm interested come in pairs, and sometimes give milk. mmmm breast milk. Ever tried that ****? Fucking deliciious.

Excuses. And wait, weren't you at Sidyottong Boston? wtf? They had that much ganja there? Also... excuses, excuses.

Heh, like you could take out anyone with a machine gun let alone a machete.
    Dude, if I were still at Sityodtong, I would have super motherfucking powers by now. But I haven't been in Boston since 2008. That's fucking years of not doing a motherfucking thing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO
    You know, that's exactly what the therapist said.

And you, ************, shouldn't you be tossing ninjas like salad, huh, Mr. Judo? What the ****? What's your motherfucking excuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 2:32pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Medical program? No, just door hitters and lead spitters.
    Bad motherfuckers?
    I would be down with some **** like that. But I must walk the path of peace, healing, and hopefully some ka-ching.
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 2:33pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    You are living in a fantasy world if you think you can do your residency and train seriously, if at all. Even family medicine residencies are pretty damned tough, although some are easier than others.
    Motherfuckers told me the same **** about medical school. You should see how much time I find for inane **** theese days. I once starred in a play.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 2:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
    Q-dot, come to Canada to practice medicine and strike people. As for secrets, I might be able to point you in the right direction to help navigate the bureacracy around immigration and regulated professions. You get bonus points for agreeing to practice medicine in under-served areas.
    I'd be down with that ****. But I don't want motherfuckers to stick me in in the backwoods with just the trees for company.

Trees. mmmmmm Trees. Herb. That good ****.

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 9:14pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Right, because all the motherfucking kids want to be like World War Cheese.
    Don't deny it, I've seen the longing in your eyes.

What? You ain't see them 73 year old motherfuckers that be bussin **** up? Two words: HumanGrowth Hormone
    Real answer: Too old

The only thing I rakka I'm interested come in pairs, and sometimes give milk. mmmm breast milk. Ever tried that ****? Fucking deliciious.
    Your saggy man-tits ever produced anything.

Dude, if I were still at Sityodtong, I would have super motherfucking powers by now. But I haven't been in Boston since 2008. That's fucking years of not doing a motherfucking thing.
    Ouch, sorry man. I still thought you were still there and tearing **** up and all, had no idea how far the mighty have fallen.

You know, that's exactly what the therapist said.
    Good to know your shrink is as perverted as you are.

And you, ************, shouldn't you be tossing ninjas like salad, huh, Mr. Judo? What the ****? What's your motherfucking excuse?
    Change o' plans, bitch! I be crackin' ninja skulls now! Moved to Thailand, got a cushy little job teaching English and train at a local Muay Thai gym; been here a year now. Feel free to shout, scream and make strangled noises of frustration at my awesomeness.

Good to have you back, I'm sure Bobby is licking his lips waiting to get you to the next TD

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 10:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Change o' plans, bitch! I be crackin' ninja skulls now! Moved to Thailand, got a cushy little job teaching English and train at a local Muay Thai gym; been here a year now. Feel free to shout, scream and make strangled noises of frustration at my awesomeness.

Good to have you back, I'm sure Bobby is licking his lips waiting to get you to the next TD
    **** yeah! I will live vicarious through you for some **** like this. Post some motherfucking video or something. When you fighting?

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 10:34pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Feel free, I'll try and post imaged of the gym somewhere soon (I've had them for a while) and I have tons and tons of fight footage from the boys and my trainer.

For myself, so long as I stay injury free I might have my first fight in as little as 2-3 months from now. Not sure, because finding opponents for a *still* overweight, under-trained (compared to a 12 year old professional) and white guy is apparently harder than finding one for a "look at me I'm a 6 year old Asian Rocky".

And if you're not in Boston anymore where are you?
    Last edited by WorldWarCheese; 5/08/2012 10:35pm at . Reason: tl;dr it myself

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 10:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Feel free, I'll try and post imaged of the gym somewhere soon (I've had them for a while) and I have tons and tons of fight footage from the boys and my trainer.

For myself, so long as I stay injury free I might have my first fight in as little as 2-3 months from now. Not sure, because finding opponents for a *still* overweight, under-trained (compared to a 12 year old professional) and white guy is apparently harder than finding one for a "look at me I'm a 6 year old Asian Rocky".

And if you're not in Boston anymore where are you?
    yup, You fucked up by not starting to train before you started growing hair on your nuts and ****. Fucking hell. Well, it's time to overcompensate. And get in shape, ************! Alternatively, you could have padding for those body kicks you might take.

Jamaica. That's where I landed when I was ejected. lol. Nah, I decided to go back home for school, because man cannot live on jabcrosshookheadkick alone. But goddammit ************, life is hard without it.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast