Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 12:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And we all forgot Anthony Perosh. Poor Tony. Where is his respect? And if we're playing like that, Kyle Bradley and Rich Clementi are...Louisianians, Melvin Guillard was born there but trains out of state so he may not count.

Battlefields, your argument is that the down under MMA scene is 20 years behind the US so I should button my trap. OK, but how is this an argument in favor of moving to Australia to train? Wouldn't that be a argument against?

Not to mention that you blokes have to dodge posionous snakes, posionous spiders, posionous jellyfish, posionous octopuses, posionous platypuses, man eating sharks, man eating crocodiles, man eating dingos, and that is by no means a comprehensive list.

"Come train in Australia! Some of the animals probably won't kill you." Isn't a slogan that makes me want to buy a plane ticket.

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 12:14am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your fear of our wildlife is borderline paranoia and is exaggerated on your behalf.

And don't be knocking Perosh dude.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 12:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ADM:
    I was pointing out that Greg and I missed him when listing notable Aussie fighters, even though he's a UFC alumni. Not sure what I said that was disrespectful.

Paranoid? As far as I can tell, with Australian wildlife there is no such thing, there is only "careful enough" and "dead". And what about the drop bears?

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 12:40am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You fail because your only experience of Australia would be from watching Doco's about dangerous animals here.

If you got bit by a Croc / Shark / Snake I'd actually be quite amazed and would rather put it down to the areas in which you were hanging around (i.e. some rain forest in Whoop Whoop).

It would be like me saying All Americans are dumb rednecks who want to sue each other because that's what I saw on TV or something. Meanwhile I'd rather listen to people who have actually been there and tell me that everyone is lovely and that it's pretty much "just like Australia".

Moving back to our original point, or more so, the one that Battlefields was pointing out, is that we DO have good fighters here, we do have good camps and training is popping up in most places. The fact that we have 'few' fighters who make it to UFC level is based purely on the fact that we're like 1/20th of your population.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 12:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Ammy boxing. Pro MMA.

Oh yes, every damn day I think about studying somewhere else. I'm considering US, Canada, Australia, Panama. All these places have MMA and a shot of getting into a medical residency program. But getting into a residency program is very difficult.

I would love to go and spend a year training and fighting in Thailand or a similar place. But I cannot, just won't work. I have motherfucking school and work and ****. And no motherfucking money. And you konw what they say, no money, mo problems.

I kicked that **** open because that is what I fucking does, ************.

I am. I have one year left, and then motherfuckers have to pay me. And I'm looking for somewhere cool with MMA to do medical residency. If motherfuckers happen to know anything about that kind of ****, please feel free to let me in on the secrets.
    You are living in a fantasy world if you think you can do your residency and train seriously, if at all. Even family medicine residencies are pretty damned tough, although some are easier than others.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 1:11am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Battlefields, your argument is that the down under MMA scene is 20 years behind the US so I should button my trap. OK, but how is this an argument in favor of moving to Australia to train? Wouldn't that be a argument against?

Where'd you get 20 years from? I said you had a decade of development in the 90s that we did not see here. And that development included the evolution of the sport from style v style to what we now see. We had 10 years to put together what took you 20. As I also mentioned, we have world class trainers, instructors and facilities here now. There's a reason why the UFC is making a push into this emerging market and it's not just doshish (mostly it is though). Aussies are known athletes who like to fight, what better culture to spend some cash on to future proof your combat- centric organisation?

Also, in that time, our Muay Thai was always world class, top three at least. The transition of many Aussie fighters in the early 2000s from MT to MMA might have be a little slower because of a possibly perceived ground hugging phagg culture that you Americans, with your ingrained high school and collegiate wrestling, take for granted. But now it is accepted in our combat culture and MT is often coupled with MMA on the same card. Fucking watch out, cunts.

Also, big apologies to Anthony. It's been a long week. And it's only Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 1:18am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    ADM:
    I was pointing out that Greg and I missed him when listing notable Aussie fighters, even though he's a UFC alumni. Not sure what I said that was disrespectful.

Paranoid? As far as I can tell, with Australian wildlife there is no such thing, there is only "careful enough" and "dead". And what about the drop bears?
    Yeah I did miss him. What I also mentioned is that we as a nation are at the start of something big for mma. And it is pretty cool.

So if question wants to move to a country that is going to inspire his MMA then Australia would be a good choice.

And drop bears are silly.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 1:40am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The ONE BIG PIECE OF PATHETIC Question View Post
    So what the **** do I do now?
    Give up.

My life's plan was to be Jason Bourne
    Already picking a loser.

by the time I turned 28
    How old ARE you? o.O (Rhetorical; Answer is TOO OLD)

unassuming, but un-fucking touchable in the streets.
    Don't worry, I would NEVER touch you (even with a ten foot pole)

I haven't trained properly in a very long time. My boxing record is 2-3 and my MMA record is 0-1. And my 'career' started 6 years ago.
    You rakka disiprine. And skill.

I almost wish I weren`t interested in martial arts anymore because it wouldn`t all be so frustrating. Every motherfucking time I think I find some place in which I may be able to train, there is always some bad **** attached. Either them ninjas there is useless and **** or they don`t know what the **** they're doing or the motherfucking boxing coach shows up once every blue moon and I have to train by myself with a motherfucking bag for 2 weeks and get one session of padwork that lasts 1 minute every month. Or the fucking police are coming in there to lock that **** down because the mother fuckers had 300 kilos of weed in a 55 gallon drum next door. How do you even get 300 kilos of weed into a 55 gallon drum?
    Excuses. And wait, weren't you at Sidyottong Boston? wtf? They had that much ganja there? Also... excuses, excuses.

What the ****, man, what the ****? How does one deal with this ****. It's at the point where I'm going to go from Jason Bourne to Jason Vorhees and just murder a string of motherfuckers with a machete because there isn't any point to life anymore.
    Heh, like you could take out anyone with a machine gun let alone a machete.

Ah well. Are there any recommendations to ease the pain?
    An hero. Kill yourself.

Do I start watching videos and doing drills against an imaginary opponent? Do I practice armbars on a bamboo stick in a cane field somewhere? Or do I murder 100 people?
    See above.

****. I can't even watch hentai anymore.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 8:28am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yes, every damn day I think about studying somewhere else. I'm considering US, Canada, Australia, Panama. All these places have MMA and a shot of getting into a medical residency program. But getting into a residency program is very difficult.
    I am. I have one year left, and then motherfuckers have to pay me. And I'm looking for somewhere cool with MMA to do medical residency. If motherfuckers happen to know anything about that kind of ****, please feel free to let me in on the secrets.
    Q-dot, come to Canada to practice medicine and strike people. As for secrets, I might be able to point you in the right direction to help navigate the bureacracy around immigration and regulated professions. You get bonus points for agreeing to practice medicine in under-served areas.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 11:41am

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
    You get bonus points for agreeing to practice medicine in under-served areas.
    Q-dot,

Under-served areas in Canadianese for the "Great White North." See the television show "Northern Exposure" for an excellent fact-based documentary on the subject.

Seriously, if you training options are bad now, if you move to a rural area you'll be lucky to go to a circle jerk ATA school.

If you really want to kick ass and take names, why not take it on the road with the Military? I think you'll get your loans paid back, and get to learn some cool-ass MACP.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast