223589 Bullies, 4026 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 97
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Vince Tortelli is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000

    Posted On:
    5/07/2012 12:09am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And we all forgot Anthony Perosh. Poor Tony. Where is his respect? And if we're playing like that, Kyle Bradley and Rich Clementi are...Louisianians, Melvin Guillard was born there but trains out of state so he may not count.

    Battlefields, your argument is that the down under MMA scene is 20 years behind the US so I should button my trap. OK, but how is this an argument in favor of moving to Australia to train? Wouldn't that be a argument against?

    Not to mention that you blokes have to dodge posionous snakes, posionous spiders, posionous jellyfish, posionous octopuses, posionous platypuses, man eating sharks, man eating crocodiles, man eating dingos, and that is by no means a comprehensive list.

    "Come train in Australia! Some of the animals probably won't kill you." Isn't a slogan that makes me want to buy a plane ticket.
  2. ADM is offline
    ADM's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,729

    Posted On:
    5/07/2012 12:14am


     Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your fear of our wildlife is borderline paranoia and is exaggerated on your behalf.

    And don't be knocking Perosh dude.
  3. Vince Tortelli is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000

    Posted On:
    5/07/2012 12:31am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ADM:
    I was pointing out that Greg and I missed him when listing notable Aussie fighters, even though he's a UFC alumni. Not sure what I said that was disrespectful.

    Paranoid? As far as I can tell, with Australian wildlife there is no such thing, there is only "careful enough" and "dead". And what about the drop bears?
  4. ADM is offline
    ADM's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,729

    Posted On:
    5/07/2012 12:40am


     Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You fail because your only experience of Australia would be from watching Doco's about dangerous animals here.

    If you got bit by a Croc / Shark / Snake I'd actually be quite amazed and would rather put it down to the areas in which you were hanging around (i.e. some rain forest in Whoop Whoop).

    It would be like me saying All Americans are dumb rednecks who want to sue each other because that's what I saw on TV or something. Meanwhile I'd rather listen to people who have actually been there and tell me that everyone is lovely and that it's pretty much "just like Australia".

    Moving back to our original point, or more so, the one that Battlefields was pointing out, is that we DO have good fighters here, we do have good camps and training is popping up in most places. The fact that we have 'few' fighters who make it to UFC level is based purely on the fact that we're like 1/20th of your population.
  5. BKR is online now
    BKR's Avatar

    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    4,291

    Posted On:
    5/07/2012 12:54am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Ammy boxing. Pro MMA.




    Oh yes, every damn day I think about studying somewhere else. I'm considering US, Canada, Australia, Panama. All these places have MMA and a shot of getting into a medical residency program. But getting into a residency program is very difficult.



    I would love to go and spend a year training and fighting in Thailand or a similar place. But I cannot, just won't work. I have motherfucking school and work and ****. And no motherfucking money. And you konw what they say, no money, mo problems.


    I kicked that **** open because that is what I fucking does, ************.



    I am. I have one year left, and then motherfuckers have to pay me. And I'm looking for somewhere cool with MMA to do medical residency. If motherfuckers happen to know anything about that kind of ****, please feel free to let me in on the secrets.
    You are living in a fantasy world if you think you can do your residency and train seriously, if at all. Even family medicine residencies are pretty damned tough, although some are easier than others.
    Falling for Judo since 1980
  6. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,222

    Posted On:
    5/07/2012 1:11am

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Battlefields, your argument is that the down under MMA scene is 20 years behind the US so I should button my trap. OK, but how is this an argument in favor of moving to Australia to train? Wouldn't that be a argument against?

    .
    Where'd you get 20 years from? I said you had a decade of development in the 90s that we did not see here. And that development included the evolution of the sport from style v style to what we now see. We had 10 years to put together what took you 20. As I also mentioned, we have world class trainers, instructors and facilities here now. There's a reason why the UFC is making a push into this emerging market and it's not just doshish (mostly it is though). Aussies are known athletes who like to fight, what better culture to spend some cash on to future proof your combat- centric organisation?

    Also, in that time, our Muay Thai was always world class, top three at least. The transition of many Aussie fighters in the early 2000s from MT to MMA might have be a little slower because of a possibly perceived ground hugging phagg culture that you Americans, with your ingrained high school and collegiate wrestling, take for granted. But now it is accepted in our combat culture and MT is often coupled with MMA on the same card. Fucking watch out, cunts.

    Also, big apologies to Anthony. It's been a long week. And it's only Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

    You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  7. gregaquaman is offline
    gregaquaman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,488

    Posted On:
    5/07/2012 1:18am


     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    ADM:
    I was pointing out that Greg and I missed him when listing notable Aussie fighters, even though he's a UFC alumni. Not sure what I said that was disrespectful.

    Paranoid? As far as I can tell, with Australian wildlife there is no such thing, there is only "careful enough" and "dead". And what about the drop bears?
    Yeah I did miss him. What I also mentioned is that we as a nation are at the start of something big for mma. And it is pretty cool.

    So if question wants to move to a country that is going to inspire his MMA then Australia would be a good choice.

    And drop bears are silly.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
  8. WorldWarCheese is offline
    WorldWarCheese's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,121

    Posted On:
    5/07/2012 1:40am


     Style: Muay Thai n00b

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The ONE BIG PIECE OF PATHETIC Question View Post
    So what the **** do I do now?
    Give up.

    My life's plan was to be Jason Bourne
    Already picking a loser.

    by the time I turned 28
    How old ARE you? o.O (Rhetorical; Answer is TOO OLD)

    unassuming, but un-fucking touchable in the streets.
    Don't worry, I would NEVER touch you (even with a ten foot pole)

    I haven't trained properly in a very long time. My boxing record is 2-3 and my MMA record is 0-1. And my 'career' started 6 years ago.
    You rakka disiprine. And skill.

    I almost wish I weren`t interested in martial arts anymore because it wouldn`t all be so frustrating. Every motherfucking time I think I find some place in which I may be able to train, there is always some bad **** attached. Either them ninjas there is useless and **** or they don`t know what the **** they're doing or the motherfucking boxing coach shows up once every blue moon and I have to train by myself with a motherfucking bag for 2 weeks and get one session of padwork that lasts 1 minute every month. Or the fucking police are coming in there to lock that **** down because the mother fuckers had 300 kilos of weed in a 55 gallon drum next door. How do you even get 300 kilos of weed into a 55 gallon drum?
    Excuses. And wait, weren't you at Sidyottong Boston? wtf? They had that much ganja there? Also... excuses, excuses.

    What the ****, man, what the ****? How does one deal with this ****. It's at the point where I'm going to go from Jason Bourne to Jason Vorhees and just murder a string of motherfuckers with a machete because there isn't any point to life anymore.
    Heh, like you could take out anyone with a machine gun let alone a machete.

    Ah well. Are there any recommendations to ease the pain?
    An hero. Kill yourself.

    Do I start watching videos and doing drills against an imaginary opponent? Do I practice armbars on a bamboo stick in a cane field somewhere? Or do I murder 100 people?
    See above.

    ****. I can't even watch hentai anymore.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO
  9. MrJ is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    475

    Posted On:
    5/07/2012 8:28am


     Style: Keyboard Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Oh yes, every damn day I think about studying somewhere else. I'm considering US, Canada, Australia, Panama. All these places have MMA and a shot of getting into a medical residency program. But getting into a residency program is very difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    I am. I have one year left, and then motherfuckers have to pay me. And I'm looking for somewhere cool with MMA to do medical residency. If motherfuckers happen to know anything about that kind of ****, please feel free to let me in on the secrets.
    Q-dot, come to Canada to practice medicine and strike people. As for secrets, I might be able to point you in the right direction to help navigate the bureacracy around immigration and regulated professions. You get bonus points for agreeing to practice medicine in under-served areas.
  10. JohnKenner is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    325

    Posted On:
    5/07/2012 11:41am


     Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
    You get bonus points for agreeing to practice medicine in under-served areas.
    Q-dot,

    Under-served areas in Canadianese for the "Great White North." See the television show "Northern Exposure" for an excellent fact-based documentary on the subject.

    Seriously, if you training options are bad now, if you move to a rural area you'll be lucky to go to a circle jerk ATA school.

    If you really want to kick ass and take names, why not take it on the road with the Military? I think you'll get your loans paid back, and get to learn some cool-ass MACP.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.