Sponsored Links Spacer Image

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 5:44pm

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    **** training! Watch the films harder. Learn the dialogue. Study the fight scenes. Watch each move frame by frame. Learn Matt Damon's facial expressions. Lose your memory after a hard night with some sailors. Buy a red mini.
    I saw what did there... *snicker*
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 6:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Are those your pro or ammy records?
    Ammy boxing. Pro MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
    Q, good to see you're back. Hope you'll be sh8t-posting way more often, Bullshido just hasn't been the same without your perspective.

Perhaps if there is no one anywhere near your community to train with you could try instructing others. Starting with being totally unable to pass the guard of that Kali girl and then use your stick. Have you thought about working or studying elsewhere?
    Oh yes, every damn day I think about studying somewhere else. I'm considering US, Canada, Australia, Panama. All these places have MMA and a shot of getting into a medical residency program. But getting into a residency program is very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by The-48th-Ronin View Post
    Dude! get off your ass and find a quality school, you have no excuse, if it's something you wanna do then just do it, quit bitchin'.
    I would love to go and spend a year training and fighting in Thailand or a similar place. But I cannot, just won't work. I have motherfucking school and work and ****. And no motherfucking money. And you konw what they say, no money, mo problems.

Quote Originally Posted by FickleFingerOfFate View Post
    Who left the dungeon door open, and let out the interrogative?
    I kicked that **** open because that is what I fucking does, ************.

Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Holy cow, Q-dot drew FFF out from under his rock.

Nice to see you both on the boards again.

I'm also struggling with not being able to train due to work consuming all my time, although only for the last two months. It's not as bad as your situation Q.

Are you still in medical school?
    I am. I have one year left, and then motherfuckers have to pay me. And I'm looking for somewhere cool with MMA to do medical residency. If motherfuckers happen to know anything about that kind of ****, please feel free to let me in on the secrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 6:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    I'm still a recruiter for the Marshals Q, give me a shout. Oh, and by the way, I've seen you in action in person and you are tougher than 95+% of Mfers carrying a badge and a gun. Wish I had you with me.
    Waddup man? Good to see you on the boards. The US Marshalls have a medical program? Because I would be down with that. I'm throwing the net wide here.

Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant! View Post
    Sincerely dude! Good to have you back. IIF has the correct, when Sirc's off on his holidays, the quality of trolling round here falls off a cliff. Someone page Syberia!

Dark days indeed!

We're getting a two-fer.
    Yup. Motherfuckers can't do it like Q-dot can.
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 6:46pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Move to Australia. If you are studying move to brisbane train at intergrated and become awsome.

If not move here we will have a full time gym soon. (Which was started pretty much for the same reasons you stated)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Going to plug every chance I get.

Last edited by gregaquaman; 5/06/2012 6:50pm at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 7:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Move to Australia. If you are studying move to brisbane train at intergrated and become awsome.
    Move to Australia. Which has produced notable UFC fighters Elvis Sinosic, George Sotiropholous, and..............uhhhh......wow. An entire continent has produced just as many notable UFC fighers as the state of Louisiana (Tim Credeur, Dustin Poirier). I believe this plan may need some work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    End like Mass Effect 3
    My wounds were healing and you just ripped them open again.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 9:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Australia is firmly on my list. Firmly. But that will take a couple years to materialize. Which is long enough for me to fucking implode.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    My wounds were healing and you just ripped them open again.
    I only did it so you would understand my pain.

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 9:52pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Vince Tortelli;2688444]Move to Australia. Which has produced notable UFC fighters Elvis Sinosic, George Sotiropholous, and..............uhhhh......wow. An entire continent has produced just as many notable UFC fighers as the state of Louisiana (Tim Credeur, Dustin Poirier). I believe this plan may need some work.

You forgot. kyle noke. Adrian pang. and Chris Hasemen.

And MMA is not just the UFC thank you.

In any event OP wanted to train. Not to become the next UFC superstar.

All banter aside Australia is producing some really good up coming fighters in some top quality gyms. Hopefully we will see some more stand outs in the next few years.

Ultimate fighter tryouts?
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/27045/ufc-...for-finale.mma
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 5/06/2012 10:03pm at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 10:51pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Move to Australia. Which has produced notable UFC fighters Elvis Sinosic, George Sotiropholous, and..............uhhhh......wow. An entire continent has produced just as many notable UFC fighers as the state of Louisiana (Tim Credeur, Dustin Poirier). I believe this plan may need some work.
    An entire continent that comprises a fraction of your population. How many notable UFC fighters are from China? How many notable UFC fighters are from Russia? How many notable UFC fighters are from the UK? What are the general population sizes for all those countries again?

The state of Louisiana has just shy of 5 million people. Australia, just over 20 million. Subtract Victoria and South Australia, due to their laws prohibiting sanctioned MMA fights and disregarding WA and NT and (sorry, Colin) Tasmania, due to isolation. Considering NSW and Queensland have established MMA sanctions, it is likely that a potential fighter will move there, so let's look at the population of NSW and Queensland= 11.7 million, approx. And considering the extra three notables that gregaquaman has put up, it would be neck and neck with Louisiana in the production of fighter stakes.

HOWEVER, we should also look at development of the sport. The UFC was started on American soil. The UFC fought all sorts of legal battles for ten or so years just to be able to hold their events. They introduced rules to combat the "human cockfighting" moniker one of your esteemed senators said in the early 90s. By the early 2000s the organisation was nearly dying from the battles and threw in one last ditch attempt, The Ultimate Fighter. Apparently on at a decent time on TV. Do you know what time I had to watch anything MMA in the early 2000s? After 2am. One night a week. On cable. Missed it? Suck ****. Next week. No replays.

"Oh, but you had access to the internet?" you say. LOL, I don't think you are aware of how far behind the US we were with that ****, apparently you had dial up in the late 80s early 90s, some of us Aussies were still amazed in the year 2000 that a song could be downloaded off the internet in just a few short hours. A WHOLE SONG! It's better now, but not really, every American I know who has come over here says we are in the dark ages.

So America was a full decade plus into development by the time we even had the opportunity to see MMA events live. And guess who we saw? Elvis Sinosic! He was there, in your face, before many Aussies even thought, "why are they rolling on the ground? If that were me, I'd kick the **** out of him before he tried to hug me!"

So population- wise and development- wise, Australia is actually not too bad, especially considering we now do have some world class gyms and trainers. It's a youthful market, granted, but the benefit of youth is potential.

[/end rant]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 11:06pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TL DR version of what Battlefields said:

"Ahem ... go **** yourself"

Q - Let me know if you're heading to the land of Oz sir :)

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 11:11pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you, ADM. Your brevity is refreshing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast