Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 9:55am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Save up and come to Thailand for a year....rents about 120 a month, trainings about 120 a month, you can cross train Muay Thai with BJJ, food is cheap 2 a meal and if you are good enough you can fight for the camps and they will let you live rent free and eat for free for as long as you represent their gym.

You can train all day every day, train with top class trainers who are there for you everyday from 8am till 8pm and all the facilities you need.

I am only here for a couple more months but if my financial situation was a bit better and my relationship status was single then I would stay here for aslong as I could get away with it.

Eat/Sleep/Train x Infinite

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 10:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Muay Thai, KB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post
    Save up and come to Thailand for a year....rents about 120 a month, trainings about 120 a month, you can cross train Muay Thai with BJJ, food is cheap 2 a meal and if you are good enough you can fight for the camps and they will let you live rent free and eat for free for as long as you represent their gym.

You can train all day every day, train with top class trainers who are there for you everyday from 8am till 8pm and all the facilities you need.

I am only here for a couple more months but if my financial situation was a bit better and my relationship status was single then I would stay here for aslong as I could get away with it.

Eat/Sleep/Train x Infinite
    That's exactly what I'm planning to do next year, I've had a few friends train and fight in Thailand and they all have nothing but amazing things to say about their time there.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 10:37am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who left the dungeon door open, and let out the interrogative?
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 10:43am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The-48th-Ronin View Post
    That's exactly what I'm planning to do next year, I've had a few friends train and fight in Thailand and they all have nothing but amazing things to say about their time there.
    I've done it twice now and am half way through my second time right now, the problem is I am 26 now, 27 this year and each time I come over I have to quit my job which obviously causes me issues.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 11:08am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy cow, Q-dot drew FFF out from under his rock.

Nice to see you both on the boards again.

I'm also struggling with not being able to train due to work consuming all my time, although only for the last two months. It's not as bad as your situation Q.

Are you still in medical school?
    Shut the hell up and train.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 11:28am

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sincerely dude! Good to have you back. IIF has the correct, when Sirc's off on his holidays, the quality of trolling round here falls off a cliff. Someone page Syberia!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    ****. I can't even watch hentai anymore.
    Dark days indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Holy cow, Q-dot drew FFF out from under his rock.
    We're getting a two-fer.
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 12:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm still a recruiter for the Marshals Q, give me a shout. Oh, and by the way, I've seen you in action in person and you are tougher than 95+% of Mfers carrying a badge and a gun. Wish I had you with me.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 3:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    I'm in about the same place ...
    lolz.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 3:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    So what the **** do I do now? My life's plan was to be Jason Bourne by the time I turned 28, unassuming, but un-fucking touchable in the streets. I would be able to lay out a ************ in the streets faster than he could grab my wrist and say 'I'm mugging you'. But **** that, I haven't trained properly in a very long time. My boxing record is 2-3 and my MMA record is 0-1. And my 'career' started 6 years ago.

I almost wish I weren`t interested in martial arts anymore because it wouldn`t all be so frustrating. Every motherfucking time I think I find some place in which I may be able to train, there is always some bad **** attached. Either them ninjas there is useless and **** or they don`t know what the **** they're doing or the motherfucking boxing coach shows up once every blue moon and I have to train by myself with a motherfucking bag for 2 weeks and get one session of padwork that lasts 1 minute every month. Or the fucking police are coming in there to lock that **** down because the mother fuckers had 300 kilos of weed in a 55 gallon drum next door. How do you even get 300 kilos of weed into a 55 gallon drum?

What the ****, man, what the ****? How does one deal with this ****. It's at the point where I'm going to go from Jason Bourne to Jason Vorhees and just murder a string of motherfuckers with a machete because there isn't any point to life anymore.

Ah well. Are there any recommendations to ease the pain? Do I start watching videos and doing drills against an imaginary opponent? Do I practice armbars on a bamboo stick in a cane field somewhere? Or do I murder 100 people?

****. I can't even watch hentai anymore.
    You just keep training, that's what.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    5/06/2012 5:23pm

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** training! Watch the films harder. Learn the dialogue. Study the fight scenes. Watch each move frame by frame. Learn Matt Damon's facial expressions. Lose your memory after a hard night with some sailors. Buy a red mini.

Seriously. I wanted to be Steven seagal when I was younger. I followed the seagal equivalent of the above plan, and I **** you not... I put on 8 stone.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast