Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UNITED STATES DUPE SOLDIER MAKING THE REAL DRUG DEALERS RICH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opium-soldier.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	13372
    Quote Originally Posted by nils View Post
    This beautiful quote reminds me of these nice videos; a brief recollection of US-foreign-policy and the role CIA played in it. No conspiracy-stuff, just a comedian stating facts in a quite funny way. It is in german, but with english subtitles:
    Spoiler:

Edit: the first two minutes may be seen as somewhat offensive, after that it gets interesting.
    Thanks for posting these 'comedy' videos. I'm enjoying them and had never heard of Volker Pispers.

And back to why I HATE AMERIKA AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT'S FASCIST SHITHEAD RULERS:

One American Genocide

"From 18 March 1969 until 26 May 1970 the United States committed genocide from the air. During this time more tonnes of bombs were dropped on Cambodia than dropped on Germany and Japan combined during WW2. This intensive carpet bombing was carried out by enourmous B-52s who rained down hundreds of thousands of bombs upon defenceless farmers. The bombs had no specific targets only a vauge objective of disrupting suspected Viet Cong activity.

The results were devastating. 600,000 peasants were wiped out. An unknown amount were wounded or maimed. Once prosperous agricultural land full of rice and water buffalo was made useless. The Cambodian people were devasted and broken which created a climate that allowed the vicious Khmer Rouge to come to power. The Khmer Rouge would kill another 1.5million Cambodians before the country was liberated by the Vietnamese People's Army.

The campaign was devised and conducted in secrecy, since an aerial campaign against neutral Cambodia would have created a political firestorm in the US (where the Vietnam war was already deeply unpopular) had it been carried out overtly. In the aftermath of the operation, details surrounding it became known by the United States Congress and the US public, leading to dire consequences for the Nixon administration."

There was no reason militarily to bomb Cambodia. The only reason that makes sense is $$$. The weapons industry made billions. And at the same time, the CIA was flying raw opium out of the Golden Triangle, making heroin in Taiwan and making billions selling it to US soldiers and anyone else on the planet.

Yet not many people know of this most blatant of several US genocides. The bourgeois media has always been willing to cover up war crimes for their masters. Even less people know of the brave and humanitarian liberation of Cambodia by Vietnamese troops. History is never told by the people you see, it is told by the bourgeoise. They airbrush the past to suit their present day objectives.

But not to worry, this is ANCIENT history and everyone is dead or fading from the scene. And it sure has nothing to do with anything going on today like the amazing increase in opium farming in Afghanistan since "we" brought down the Taliban, or Bush Sr. being in charge of coke smuggling, making billions, during 'Iran/Contra,' renamed by those who pay attention Iran/Cocaine.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 7:08pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It IS history and other than acting superior with your knowledge you still haven't made a suggestion on change. In 1961 everyone was warned about the military industrial complex by the man who led many of them in war, yet it did not prevent this. The people with influence at that time are mostly gone. You hate the leaders of the country but state the Cambodian stuff had to be hidden from congress and the voters. From that statement this behavior is not condoned. So what to do now? How do you establish modern relevance?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 2:10am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    It IS history and other than acting superior with your knowledge you still haven't made a suggestion on change. In 1961 everyone was warned about the military industrial complex by the man who led many of them in war, yet it did not prevent this. The people with influence at that time are mostly gone. You hate the leaders of the country but state the Cambodian stuff had to be hidden from congress and the voters. From that statement this behavior is not condoned. So what to do now? How do you establish modern relevance?
    Why the **** is it up to me to "establish modern relevance?" You, I guess, are young, wtf are YOU doing?
    Besides bullshitting on Bullshido, I personally do faith based demos at weapon plants and test sites, support Hawaiian sovereignty, marched with the Shoshone and got busted with the Paiutes, joined the Salt Lake City and Hilo Occupy, got in Karl Rove's book promo, and on and on. I don't think it's up to me to make my message relevant to kiddies, either you give a **** or you don't, go figure out your own path, your own way, maybe you can have "relevant" impact.

This reminds me of the classic, often, very often repeated scenario, that activists face. Someone comes to a meeting or two. Then they give The Speech. The Speech is where they tell us what we are doing wrong and what we should be doing. Then they never show up again. The answer of course is, if that's what you think, then form a committee and get working. But it's way easier to bitch about it and do nothing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hawaii2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	13373Name:  hawaii3.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  7.5 KBName:  hawaii.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  28.1 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	11221.jpg 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	13376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14116_1369927560505_1001202311_31118181_5637680_n.jpg 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	13377
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 3:24am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu Swordfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    You can kiss my ass.

That said, having visited or lived in much of Europe and Asia, I do like the fact that a family from India can immigrate to the US and quickly become American, whereas if one of us moved to India we'd never be seen as Indian.
    Um, have you tried to immigrate to the United States lately? That **** is bananas.
    One of my bff's from college married an Australian guy, and despite being educated, financially well off, a native english speaker, and married to an American, after two months of attempting to get through immigration, they both said "**** it" and moved to Australia.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 4:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Um, have you tried to immigrate to the United States lately? That **** is bananas.
    One of my bff's from college married an Australian guy, and despite being educated, financially well off, a native english speaker, and married to an American, after two months of attempting to get through immigration, they both said "**** it" and moved to Australia.
    Is your stance that it's easier to immigrate to Australia, than it is to the US?

Posted On:
    5/18/2012 10:00am

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pat,

I am NOT an activist. I am the guy reading the signs. I do vote and try my best to do so responsibly. I am not young, probably the age of your oldest kids if you have any. I count my blessings so even though I have my share of complaints the status quo has been good to me. However, I try to go beyond the "I got mine" mentality. So I respect your efforts enough to listen and I actually read protestors' signs. So I read that war is not the answer, what is the answer? What exactly are you looking for and asking for from the guy driving by?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2012 11:49am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Pat,

I am NOT an activist. I am the guy reading the signs. I do vote and try my best to do so responsibly. I am not young, probably the age of your oldest kids if you have any. I count my blessings so even though I have my share of complaints the status quo has been good to me. However, I try to go beyond the "I got mine" mentality. So I respect your efforts enough to listen and I actually read protestors' signs. So I read that war is not the answer, what is the answer? What exactly are you looking for and asking for from the guy driving by?
    Think? Hope people THINK? And hope that more become activists. It's good to vote, many don't; the white and richer one is the more likely it is that one votes - not exactly healthy for democracy or the country.

I wouldn't be where I'm at if I hadn't been exposed to an anti-Vietnam war rally in '67. Things started making sense. One forms one's world view and it's always changing and growing, so I guess I'm hoping that others may be some influence in our witnessing for peace. It's also empowering. Empowering to find other people that share values, many of whom are more committed - hanging with folks who've just got out of prison for protesting torture (or nukes, or the various wars) makes me humble and is encouraging.

And it's empowering for the oppressed. The Shoshone and Utes have been fucked over, amazingly deeply fucked over - the Paiutes lands ALL tested high for plutonium, for instance - and protesting, camping, doing ceremonies, and listening to them taught me plenty and gave me a glimpse of their culture. And it gives them pride and purpose. But I don't think that their lives are going to change much from 'voting.'

I also hope that St Peter at the Golden Gate can't say, "So, were you a GOOD German?"

And I hope my actions my help my children's and grandson's future.
    Name:  kai.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  25.6 KB
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123